Mario Balotelli

Sky Italy. Balotelli has agreed a 4 and half year contract. Medical tomorrow.

I don't like him so I'd usually say good riddance, but he causes City more problems than he's worth so it's probably a good move for them.

The league will be less entertaining without him for sure. :(

Arsenal should have gone for him. Could have been world class under Wenger's tutelage.

Can't believe City are going to get around £20m for him.

Out of form player itching for a move to a specific club...all the power is with Milan!

Can't believe City are going to get around £20m for him.

Out of form player itching for a move to a specific club...all the power is with Milan!

City are wealthy enough to keep him around though. Any other club would have got rid of Tevez last season when he buggered off to Argentina.

City fan on talksport 'He is a marked man, refs are always giving him yellow and red cards when he tackles'

:lol:

In fairness he is one of them players over here in my opinion. It's similar to Suarez and how Ronaldo got towards the end of his stay here, due to their reputation they don't really get any decisions. I'm not doubting Balotelli can be a cnut and deserves some of his bookings but some of them have been very bizarre at times. I suppose you gain that reputation yourself though but you should be judged by 1 game at a time and not on a reputation really.

He'll never amount to anything, he's too stupid. Sad to see him leave City though.

In fairness he is one of them players over here in my opinion. It's similar to Suarez and how Ronaldo got towards the end of his stay here, due to their reputation they don't really get any decisions. I'm not doubting Balotelli can be a cnut and deserves some of his bookings but some of them have been very bizarre at times. I suppose you gain that reputation yourself though but you should be judged by 1 game at a time and not on a reputation really.

Surely the fact he's got a couple of soft bookings is negated by the fact he's occasionally gotten away with murder? That Parker "challenge" was absurd and he should've been off the pitch long before he got that red in the Arsenal game.

The sadness at him leaving City because he's a liabilty I can understand, it was great seeing him cause havoc there, but the people decrying his loss to the premier league, wise up. He's not a "character" he's a cock. A big, stupid, dopey cock, with more money than sense. I never understood the fascination with him, he's just a fecking idiot.

Surely the fact he's got a couple of soft bookings is negated by the fact he's occasionally gotten away with murder? That Parker "challenge" was absurd and he should've been off the pitch long before he got that red in the Arsenal game.

Agreed it evens itself out and he has done some shocking stuff on the pitch, I don't have any sympathy for him for anything that happens. You correctly mention some incidents and he is going to be remembered for them (the Parker one was truly shocking...even more so that people tried to defend it) but my point was more that you should be judged on individual merits. Scholes has got away with murder in his career, and granted it's a lot longer than Balotelli's has been, Glen Whelan pulled off one of the worst challenges I've seen in years at the weekend, it wouldn't exactly be fair if they got sent off the week after for a nothing tackle.

I don't like Balotelli and whilst it potentially strengthens City I'm glad he's gone because he's an idiot and the joke got unfunny about a year and a half ago really but my point was more that he is one of them players that is given a lot of unfair attention from referees which shouldn't happen in my opinion.

Didn't he get a retrospective ban for that Parker thing as well? I know it was probably only a game or something but I can't remember.

He is young enough to turn it around, doesn't strike me as the type that will though.

Massive overpay by Milan.