Marcus Rashford (Out) | Ornstein: United want to keep, will only consider substantial bids

If he leaves, I would want us to go in for Cole Palmer

He’s a red and Chelsea need money. Itll have to be our record signing but it can be done

He's the absolute last player they'd get rid of. Aside from him being their only standout player last season, recent signings generate the least FFP room to sell.

On current form if we started the season with Garnacho LW and Amad RW I think we'd be better off.

Rashford hits hot and cold but will need to be replaced. His goals had made the difference between CL qualification or not. Garnacho and Amad are nowhere near to Rashy, not yet anyway.

What intent? If he leaves it will be because he wants to

Yes of course the player also plays a role to this since we cannot force anyone to leave, and this logic applies to any players.

Unless you are trying to compare Rashford with Ronaldo to RM situation?

Rashford hits hot and cold but will need to be replaced. His goals had made the difference between CL qualification or not. Garnacho and Amad are nowhere near to Rashy, not yet anyway.
I'd argue that the games he played in and produced nothing and arguably lessened our performances if you replace him with a better fit for the team you'd easily make up the few goals he produced.

I'd argue that the games he played in and produced nothing and arguably lessened our performances if you replace him with a better fit for the team you'd easily make up the few goals he produced.

Last season he was shit while the season before he was magnificent. I repeat, I do not mind Rashford to go and if PSG is willing to give us 100m for him then I'll drive him myself however he'll have to be replaced. Our forward line is not good enough for top 4

You get the feeling if this was truly on then stuff would happening right now since he’s not at the Euros and the start of pre-season training for United is under two weeks away now, but who knows.

I’m also down for selling him providing he’s adequately replaced. I don’t want a repeat of 15 years ago where we’re replacing Ronaldo with fecking Gabriel Obertan.

Only makes sense if we can get someone like Williams to replace him. Like it or not, there's not many out there that are worthy replacements and available.

What’s the highest fee we ever received for an academy graduate? Beckham 21 years ago?

I’m all for it, Rashford should be all for it as well, and even PSG should be all for it, no reason he can’t do well there.

He’s a red and Chelsea need money. Itll have to be our record signing but it can be done
When was the last time a “record signing” worked out for us? Rio Ferdinand or Berbatov?
These over 100m transfers have a pretty terrible success record, overall, not just for United.
Honestly, why would Chelsea sell their best player? Let alone to a league rival.
They have enough mediocre underperforming players they can sell, they’ve always been decent at selling players.

Last season he was shit while the season before he was magnificent. I repeat, I do not mind Rashford to go and if PSG is willing to give us 100m for him then I'll drive him myself however he'll have to be replaced. Our forward line is not good enough for top 4

I agree all current players included, United have the worst set of forward and wide players in the top 6. Proven both statistically and the cohesion they have with the center forward, it's a abysmal and the dysfunctional midfield last season has taken away some of the emphasis on the wide forward areas needing additions.

Irrespective of Rashford leaving the team needs a winger and a striker at minimum.

Rashford leaving compounds that issue even further.

Erik ten Hag will fail again next season in the league if the teams outlet is between Garnacho, Amad and Anthony.

I would have no problem spending 100m or more on Palmer, as he's one of the best right wingers in the league and someone who could be our starting RCM as well in the future, with his passing range and passing capabilities, and could sort of be a Bruno replacement as well if we are planning ahead 3+ years into the future: Mainoo LCM, Palmer RCM, with a Rice/Rodri type #6 behind them...

...but there's absolutely no way Chelsea will sell him, and Palmer likely won't even ask to leave despite growing up as a United fan.

I want Vini Jr if Rashford goes. Let's do things in the market other teams can dream of.

Won’t happen but I am interested to know what the price tag is. If they gave us 80m I’d bite their hand off.

60m + ugarte would be great. It would allow us to bring Braithwaite and then focus the rest of the budget (+sales) on a LB, RW, Stk, Rb (if AWB is sold), CB (if Lindelof/Maguire is sold)

We'd probably do a straight swap for Ugarte given our negotiating history.

If a swap deal involving players was actually an option, I'd take Ugarte and then one of Lee Kang-in or Kolo Muani. I'd mention Xavi Simons but I don't think they'd be willing to throw him into a deal.

Overall, as unspectacular as this reads, I still think it'd be better business than keeping Rashford and his colossal salary.

Me neither. I actually seriously doubt PSG are as interested in him as is regularly made out. he badly needs to get his head down next season or his career goes into free fall. I think he has the talent but not the drive or the fitness.
Same. I don't see where he fits with Barcola coming through. Hopefully Rashford returns to form next season.

Out: Rashford to PSG £100m
In: Palmer to Utd £100m

I’d do this deal every day

Arent PSG trying to sign the Georgian from Napoli? So he isnt going there and where else does he go? Fairly big clubs seem unable to afford Sancho or Greenwood.

Think ourbest chance of selling is to E glish clubsbar Greenwood and cant see Rashford moving to one. Unless we accept under £50mfor him he is probably going nowehere.

Also all these"Id only let him go if we sign player x" and are naming elite exiting players....Rashford at his best is hard to replace....but thats about 1.5seasons from the last 5....Rashford as a whole is easily replacable, he was forus last season, hehas bee for his oountry, forgetthose 4months and theobvious ability he does have, he really hasnt been good at all bar thatright back to the early days under Ole

Arent PSG trying to sign the Georgian from Napoli? So he isnt going there and where else does he go? Fairly big clubs seem unable to afford Sancho or Greenwood.

Think ourbest chance of selling is to E glish clubsbar Greenwood and cant see Rashford moving to one. Unless we accept under £50mfor him he is probably going nowehere.

Also all these"Id only let him go if we sign player x" and are naming elite exiting players....Rashford at his best is hard to replace....but thats about 1.5seasons from the last 5....Rashford as a whole is easily replacable, he was forus last season, hehas bee for his oountry, forgetthose 4months and theobvious ability he does have, he really hasnt been good at all bar thatright back to the early days under Ole

He has us by the stones, I’m sure thats more than part of the reason he’s been acting like a spoiled child for the last few years. Too much pressure on him for his liking but happy to take the money of course. That’s fair enough from his standpoint but not good enough for us. PSG are the only show in town as far as Rashford (and his PR team) are concerned. Everyone knows no other big club with cash that he’ll want to go to are going to take him and PSG is probably a pipe dream for the player at this point if he’s unhappy here.

If we can somehow get him out, they'll be no doubt other players would see that and know bad performance isn't tolerated here.

I think it’s at the stage now where Rashford’s departure (for the right price of course) would probably be the best outcome for both himself and the club .
I genuinely don't think we'll get the 'right price' for him. Club's gotta make a decision

Honestly such a shit source.
This is nowhere on Jacobs twitter
Not a shit source but a truly shit channel/aggregator.

Ben Jacobs said United and PSG spoke about a range of players/matters (Ugarte being one). Rashford was mentioned. But nothing more - and PSG have a sense that he used them to get a better contract with United last time, so they don't want to speak to him unless he's serious. The feeling is Rashford wants to stay at United and prove himself.

Of course, the channel (or aggregator) didn't bother with full accuracy and cherry picked what looks most saucy. This is why youtube channel tweets are shit.

Paris should be a very attractive proposition for our homeboy. Fantastic wages and parties, with Manchester and London within reach. Also won't need to put in as much effort as he's expected to in the PL.

He's also at the age where his transfer fee won't go much higher. If PSG comes with a good offer we should sell.