Luis Suarez £290,000 a week
Robert Lewandowski £197,000 a week

Then, there is Marcus Rashford at £250,000 a week? :wenger:

Sergio Aguero £260,000 a week
Harry Kane £200,000 a week
Luis Suarez £290,000 a week
Robert Lewandowski £197,000 a week

Then, there is Marcus Rashford at £250,000 a week? :wenger:
Except for Kane, which one of those renegotiated their contracts recently? The market goes up, its just how it is. Also you named three players over 30, except for Kane.
None of those will have any resale value when their contracts expires. Rashford under long-term contract is probably worth closer to 100m. Do you want to lose that value?
It makes complete financial sense to put Rashford on 200k plus bonuses. Plus that he is a damn good player.

He doesn't deserve anything more than 120k. He's already selfish and thinks very high of himself while doing nothing so imagine giving him a 250k, gonna ruin his character completely.

Rashford was always going to get a big pay rise. He's a massive talent and Solskjaer is backing him to be one of the stars of his team and, as we can see from our changing transfer policy, Woodward is backing Solskjaer.

Where was this outrage when Martial got his deal?
There should not be an outrage if you are not taking on the European football wage market as such. Martial is on 200k base plus bonuses, same as is being discussed for Rash.
Its completely logical for two young players who have an asset value between 60-100m. Its what those type of players cost today. Deal with it I say.

If it includes incentives, then let them get on with it. Doubt that it's his basic salary.

Its times like this that make me fall out of love with united.

Sell the cnut if he's demanding that money.

Except for Kane, which one of those renegotiated their contracts recently? The market goes up, its just how it is. Also you named three players over 30, except for Kane.
None of those will have any resale value when their contracts expires. Rashford under long-term contract is probably worth closer to 100m. Do you want to lose that value?
It makes complete financial sense to put Rashford on 200k plus bonuses. Plus that he is a damn good player.

and then there is gabriel jesus on 90k a week (and only 22 years old, but 2 years left on his contract)

some premier league stats to consider (source wikipedia)

marcus rashford
Appearances 111
Goals 27
Assists 14

Gabby Jesus
Appearances 68
Goals 31
Assists 10

and then there is gabriel jesus on 90k a week (and only 22 years old, but 2 years left on his contract)

some premier league stats to consider (source wikipedia)

marcus rashford
Appearances 111
Goals 27
Assists 14

Gabby Jesus
Appearances 68
Goals 31
Assists 10
And Rashford is on 45k with those numbers.
Jesus next contract will be on the same level as Rashfords. What is your point?

If he really does want that much to stay, just ship him out. He hasn't done anything to deserve over 100k a week.

Sanchez & Martial really kill our wages structure. I really hope 250k is already included lot of bonus not the base salary.

We should never ever include any bonuses in any player contract regarding individual performances like goal and assists. I sincerely hope we never go there. Bonuses for team performance and things like the Ballon Dor is fine but what you are suggesting I dont want to see at United. I should not need to explain why.
Same thing

If some fans get their way we’re going to have no players come start off season.
But yeah 250k is a lot for Rashford he needs to really be scoring 20 goals a season for that much.

And Rashford is on 45k with those numbers.
Jesus next contract will be on the same level as Rashfords. What is your point?
I’d be incredibly surprised if Jesus’s contract would be anywhere near that.

It seems very odd to give into such ludicrous demands for a striker who we all know won't push to go anywhere.

It'd be a big risk as it's not exactly outlandish to think he might show himself unable to be our lead striker then the next guy is going to demand 400k.

Is this partly to do with marketing and PR? Most of our marketing of the club these days seems to be centred around Rashford and Lingard. More so if Pogba leaves.

That figure includes bonuses. How come it is only our players' bonuses that's gets reported in the press?

Because no one cares what bonus' Mane's on (for example), that doesn't get clicks or sell papers so the journalists don't even bother fabricate it, Man Utd player on the other hand...

You have to perform now Rashford. The knives are already out.

Last edited:
Does seem a bit on the high end but if it's mainly due to the incentives, then fair enough.

If someone doesn't mind compliling the list, what are his peers in his age group on, for comparison's sake?

A nothing player and will be shipped out unceremoniously at 25-26 a la welbeck. Maybe even earlier.

But I wish I had his good fortune, fair play to him and his agent for taking advantage of getting the beat deal they can from a bunch of nitwits.

A winner not on the football field but in life.

over rated player would rather sell him then keep him. He no Ronney or Ronaldo

This is the reason we can't offload any players. This is one of the big things that's wrong with the club.

Kane isn't even on this amount.

We already have Martial who is on the same level as him and playing in the same position. And also Greenwood is very promising as well. I think we need to be ruthless on this, we need to show him we aren’t worry to lose him.

We already have Martial who is on the same level as him and playing in the same position. And also Greenwood is very promising as well. I think we need to be ruthless on this, we need to show him we aren’t worry to lose him.

We offered Martial the same money. No one cried then.

I'm desperate for Rashford to succeed here, but this is insane. The pressure will be on him from the first official game, fans will expect him to be a consistent performer or it will get even more toxic than now.

Just like I said yesterday. If this goes wrong Ole is in danger by Christmas and Rashford is getting hounded every week, which is not something a player as young as him deserves. The fans cannot act innocent either, they were the ones on their knees asking for Rashford to be the number 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.