Marcus Rashford in talks with Manchester United over new long-term deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is going to be another young player holding us to ransom, then God help us for the future. It's not as if he will get us 30 goals a season every year. 150/160k is enough to demand.
Exactly. At some point the club has to take a stand.

It's not like Rashford is a Rooney level talent that we will struggle to replace.

Exactly. At some point the club has to take a stand.

It's not like Rashford is a Rooney level talent that we will struggle to replace.

Just curious how why think the club is not taking a stand? Did you read he tweet by Stone? It clearly states an offer not as big as 350k is being discussed. That could easily mean something between 100-150k + bonuses for all we know.

Just curious how why think the club is not taking a stand? Did you read he tweet by Stone? It clearly states an offer not as big as 350k is being discussed. That could easily mean something between 100-150k + bonuses for all we know.

Certainly hard to determine from Stone's tweet exactly what he meant by 'maybe not as big'.

He also states a big increase. I'm guessing it will be closer to £250k a week. As I stated earlier in the thread, if we're giving unproven young players huge contracts then wonder why they don't fulfil their potential. Offer him a 50k rise with the opportunity to renegotiate his wages during the contract. Spurs and Liverpool do regular contract bumps and it works much better. Keeps players motivated and hungry.

If we he refuses then sell or call his bluff. He's not the type of talent to push the boat out for, he has it all to prove if he is 1st first 11 quality.

Certainly hard to determine from Stone's tweet exactly what he meant by 'maybe not as big'.

Yes, I agree, and I'll go further and say I don't understand the reaction of several users. Its a tweet which doesn't really say a whole lot, it simply hints at some progress at a contract which was always the expected outcome anyway.

He is on low wages on his current contract, so anything higher than 100k is a big increase. Until we get more info, then speculating endlessly is pointless. He will not be getting anywhere close to 350k, and likely was nothing but clickbait anyway. Not the first time this has happened to players in general.

He is a top talent, and will be paid accordingly.

He should get paid, but a large chunk should be based on goals scored. Give him a contract that reflects his ability and potential and rewards him for delivering. If he consistently delivers during this next contract, when he’s in his mid 20s and proved he can score 20-30 goals a season, he can get a new guaranteed contract with less emphasis on add ons.

250k a week :lol:

We've had our pants down once again. Should have shown him the door the minute he asked for anything near that amount. Should be half of that at best.

That's a ridiculous amount to be paying him, but we shafted ourselves when we gave Martial £250k a week. Neither of them have done anything to deserve anywhere near that amount.

‘...worth around £250,000 a week...with bonuses, will catapult him towards the top end of United’s pay scale...’

The £250k per week includes bonuses. The flat rate is likely to be less.

If it’s mainly geared towards performance bonuses then it still gives a lot of incentive. I always worry about huge 200/300 grand contracts being given to kids, it’s very easy to lose your motivation once you get those mega contracts.

Im still pissed that we gave Jones and Young new contracts.

So am I, but Young was only a 1 year deal and he will now thankfully play backup to Wan-Bissaka.

Jones’ contract was to try and retain some kind of ‘value’. I still hope he will be sold this summer for around £20m.

De Light was probably offered wages of around £250k- why not do the same with one of the most exciting 21 year old forwards in the world?

He should get paid, but a large chunk should be based on goals scored. Give him a contract that reflects his ability and potential and rewards him for delivering. If he consistently delivers during this next contract, when he’s in his mid 20s and proved he can score 20-30 goals a season, he can get a new guaranteed contract with less emphasis on add ons.

I don't think that's a wise move given his selfishness and poor decision making...

It's 250K only if he hits his bonus targets which are highly likely not going to be that easy to hit and IF he does, we are likely to be successful. What's not to like? His basic would be around 150/175K. I'm fine with that as he's a talent and a local lad.

He must be needing a pay rise- he was driving through Northenden earlier with the roof down on his car smashing his way through a pasty.

Rashford is our best player, and United got the best paid players in the league, so a 250k wage is fully expected. Glad to see Rashford committing longterm to the club.

For a guy who claims to be a boyhood fan of the club, he has used his contract situation to get himself a nice good contract. No one plays for the club or for the jersey now, it’s all money. Give me more money or I’ll leave, I won’t sign a new contract. I’m not saying players don’t need money, I just feel Rashford knew how desperate we were to keep him and used the situation dry well.

Rashford is our best player, and United got the best paid players in the league, so a 250k wage is fully expected. Glad to see Rashford committing longterm to the club.
Oh wow, when did this happen?

Since Solskjaer came in.
Oh yeah, of course, I mean yeah Pogba was fantastic, Lindelof was fabulous, Shaw Improved massively but it was Rashford who has been our best player since Ole arrived :wenger:

Ok, so there is a great deal of incredulity surrounding the latest reported contract offer. If the amount being discussed is accurate then this is to some extent understandable. That being said we really have to wait don't we to see whether he is able to justify such an sizeable salary increase. The pressure on him now to deliver will be intense in a way that it has never has been before. He basically has to start playing like a world class striker and scoring week-in-week from close to the start of next season as possible otherwise the knives will be out just as quick. Is he capable of delivering to this kind of level? I certainly hope so but as of this time I honestly don't know whether he can.

Got less problems with Rashford getting £250k a week than a waster like Martial.

Oh yeah, of course, I mean yeah Pogba was fantastic, Lindelof was fabulous, Shaw Improved massively but it was Rashford who has been our best player since Ole arrived :wenger:
As big of a fan I am of Lindelof, he is not responsible for scoring goals. Our strategy is essentially, get the ball to Rashford, and let him work his magic.

Domino effect.

Sanchez -> Martial -> Rashford.

I can't imagine Martial & Rashford getting 250k per week if We didn't sign Sanchez. 200k at max, or 180k.
Just get rid of the amigo, seriously...

Instead of trying to restructure our pathetic wage-structure, we’re about to make it worse, good one ED, good one.
We’re a higher mid-table team, time our wage bill reflected that.

For a guy who claims to be a boyhood fan of the club, he has used his contract situation to get himself a nice good contract. No one plays for the club or for the jersey now, it’s all money. Give me more money or I’ll leave, I won’t sign a new contract. I’m not saying players don’t need money, I just feel Rashford knew how desperate we were to keep him and used the situation dry well.
I remember how abusive almost all of our fans were against Wayne Rooney in a similar situation. We were talking about one of our best players in United's history, ever.

I used to love Rashford when he first came through, now I'm just disappointing in how he has been developing as a player and on a personal level.

250k:lol:
Hope its bullshit, doesn't even deserve half of that. I find him very overrated and honestly wouldn't mind if he was sold before lukaku. Hopefully he steps up this season.

He's a striker who scored 10 league goals and should be paid accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.