View full 2023-24 profile

4.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards

Gordon S

Will never understand what is happening with this young man at times. He was genuinly one of the most dangerous attackers on the planet 10 months ago. Not sure he should start for the U21 team on current form.
It should not be possible to go from extremes like this. And we have seen this throughout his career.
Just as bewildering is the fact that he always plays through these nightmarish periods. Is the manager forced to play certain players regardless for different reasons?

flameinthesun

Him playing on the right further highlights his lack of technical ability. He's a very very direct player, almost just runs in lanes. He doesn't have the touch or close control to truly be effective if there is no space. If you compare him to Nani for example, Nani was miles better than him technically and as winger. Rashford just doesn't have that ability to be useful if he can't attack direct at the opposition. Its a shame the only player who can kind of keep him on his toes is Garnacho who is also inconsistent.

careca07

Was genuinely shocked by how bad he was today

At what point does a run of form just become the standard?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Would love to see his stats today. Felt like he lost every ball and never made a pass. Every time he has it I know we ain’t going anywhere

Abhinav

Completely lacking in confidence and belief. At times, gives up completely when things are not falling in place. In woeful form this season - sort of a trend developing. Would be benched if we had better options and if EtH fallen with half the players.

Dominos

Wish I could put a positive spin but shite again.

Not a big fan of Bruno giving up a pen at a key moment in the game just because he feels sorry for how bad Rashford has been. You shouldn't be changing your pen taker just because your attackers are too shit to score from open play. Luckily he scored the pen anyway.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Difficult game in the main but you could see the confidence coming back post goal.

SirSean

Will never understand what is happening with this young man at times. He was genuinly one of the most dangerous attackers on the planet 10 months ago. Not sure he should start for the U21 team on current form.
It should not be possible to go from extremes like this. And we have seen this throughout his career.
Just as bewildering is the fact that he always plays through these nightmarish periods. Is the manager forced to play certain players regardless for different reasons?
Maybe due to the record by United in number of games we have academy players playing for us. Think we're around 4500+ games in a row. Maybe its a mandatory thing?

led_scholes

Difficult game in the main but you could see the confidence coming back post goal.
He probably made 10 wrong passes after the goal. And had one successful to Garnacho, which one could argue martial was a better option.

Swiss_Red89

He probably made 10 wrong passes after the goal. And had one successful to Garnacho, which one could argue martial was a better option.
Yeah agree. But the period after his Goal was still the most lively we saw him in the last months. He startet to take on players again with speed and tried flicks etc.
The goal definitely visible increased his confidence even though not much came of.

kundalini

Scored with an excellent penalty. Decent cross for Garnacho's chance that went just wide. Lost possession cheaply far too often, especially in the first half. Lack of work-rate still an issue. Did a bit better in the 2nd half but still managed to waste one counter attack opportunity with an awful pass straight to an Everton player.

It will be interesting to see how we perform without him in midweek.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Just feels like he has a horrid mentality compared to others. When he’s scoring he’s king of the world but when it’s not coming off he loses all self confidence and sulks while generally exhibiting crap work rate. Almost the anti Ronaldo, who’d back himself even after doing everything wrong when he’s almost 40.

Lentwood

I have been writing posts criticising Rashford for five years and at this point it just feels like kicking a defenceless puppy.

He's not good enough. He never was good enough. He never will be good enough.

IF we hadn't talked him up way beyond his abilities, IF we hadn't made him some kind of poster boy for the club, IF we hadn't handed him multiple gigantic contracts and IF we had used him mainly as an impact sub from the AMLF position, then he could have carved out a long and useful career at the club and been considered a successful academy graduate.

Unfortunately he's been over-hyped, over-excused, tried all over the pitch and given a role and status that's too big for him at this club. There's no point keep criticising him because it's pointless. At this point, it'd be kinder for ETH to put him out of his misery and leave him out of the XI for a few weeks, see if he can build some confidence off the bench.

Ludens the Red

On current form we would be a better team with him not at the club. We’re not even getting 3/10 performances from him. Every game is a an actual shocker. Took the penalty well and I’d assume Bruno let him have it to give him some confidence but he looks a completely broken footballer.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
One moment summed up his game and performances recently in the second half. It was 2-0 and he was on the right hand side. Was being hassled by two of our defenders. Tried a half arsed trick, was dispossessed and then turned around and moaned at your lot.

Red00012

His confidence is so shot again. You can tell he's in his own head again
Bruno telling him to take the peno for confidence and then Dalot more or less dragging him over to the fans after scoring says a lot . Confidence is at a all time low but it doesn’t excuse the half arsed attempts on the field

FriedClams

I don't think he loves the game anymore. Given what he's gone through this season, scoring that penalty should have been a MASSIVE release. his celebration was mostly muted, for such a pivotal moment in the game.

arthurka

Wait where is the guy who took all of us on Caf who had given up on him after seasons of shit performances and chain posted them to look smug after half of season where Wout made space for him to run into? One of the worst performances I have seen from Utd player for a while. He needs to be benched really shitty that we have no wingers to give him any competition for a place in the team. 1/10

Oscar Bonavena

Septic today. Has been for a long time but today was particularly bad. I'll give him credit for the penalty as it was brilliantly taken for a player whose form and confidence is on the floor.

I've said it about Marcus on these pages before, but I can't recall another player whose game disintegrates to such an extent when he's not on top form. Even 5 yard passes seem beyond him at the moment, and his energy levels and physical strength seem to fall through the floor (several occasions where he was shrugged aside like a schoolboy).

He obviously appears to be undroppable for reasons best known to ETH, but if Erik is gonna pick him, it's up to him as manager to at least get a base level of performance from him.

I know myself, even playing 6 a side kick around games, if I'm having a stinker I tell myself "right, I'm playing shit, so my next 3 passes are going to be the simplest possible to the nearest available teammate". They may be completely inconsequential, but it helps me play myself into a game. With Marcus, he does the opposite, he'll try to dribble past 3 or 4 defenders and lose it every time.

Or if I'm playing shit I'll make damn sure that I track every run, compete for every 50-50, block every shot/cross, all the things it's in my power to control. F**k, even if Erik told him to just do that alone until his form comes back it would be better than what he's currently giving us!

clarkydaz

One moment summed up his game and performances recently in the second half. It was 2-0 and he was on the right hand side. Was being hassled by two of our defenders. Tried a half arsed trick, was dispossessed and then turned around and moaned at your lot.
Pretty much. But it's everyone else's fault. And guess we can put the excuse to bed he needs Luke shaw to look good aswell

Swiss_Red89

Pretty much. But it's everyone else's fault. And guess we can put the excuse to bed he needs Luke shaw to look good aswell
As bad as he has been, this statement doesn't make much sense. He played on the opposite wing than Luke Shaw.

Swiss_Red89

He wasn't on the right all game. It's more a potshot at excuses made for him
Yeah but most of the time he was on the right. Not that I think that Luke Shaw will make a lot of a difference when Rashford is in this kind of form though.

Lets just hope the Goal gives him a bit of confidence and he can gain some form back. I think thats more important for him atm than who plays Fullback behind him.

NoPace

He can't really play out wide on the right. I think we just need to leave him and Garnacho both at LW, bring one on for the other with 30 minutes to go and it's a position of actual strength for us.

If he's on the right, we probably need to look more like this, though we don't actually have a mobile enough RCB for it to work, but maybe we bring one in for January if Varane leaves.

--------------------Striker---------------Rashford----------
Garnacho-------------------------Bruno------------------------
---------------------#8-------------------------------------Dalot
--------------------------------#6-----------------------------
--------Shaw--------Lisandro--------RCB----------

NoPace

Scored with an excellent penalty. Decent cross for Garnacho's chance that went just wide. Lost possession cheaply far too often, especially in the first half. Lack of work-rate still an issue. Did a bit better in the 2nd half but still managed to waste one counter attack opportunity with an awful pass straight to an Everton player.

It will be interesting to see how we perform without him in midweek.
I think the cutback was on for both Martial and Bruno on that play. They were screaming for it at the penalty spot and might well have run into each other. Martial did his usual thing when a winger gets in behind and stopped abruptly at the penalty spot to create some space from the CBs (who dropped towards the goal-line well into the 6 yard box). We really need our wingers to remember that Martial isn't going to score a tap-in and cutting it back, even blindly, is a good idea when he plays, whereas with Hojlund you want to hit it across the 6-yard box as he looks to beat the CBs to that spot

Morpheus 7

Thought the same, just looked disinterested. Such a poor give up of possession, the look of bewilderment. Seen him live a few weeks ago, body language was horrific off the ball. Something must be going on, unrecognizable from last year.

Devil77

Cool as a cucumber for the spot kick but makes the wrong decision in 9/10 situations. Really frustrating player and his mandatory inclusion in the starting 11 begins to look bad for EtH.

Salford_Red83

I'm so tired of seeing this guy play for us.

He literally kills our attacks and has zero footballing intelligence.

He's not a team player, doesn't make the right decisions and he's old enough now to know that this is his game and always will be.

Woziak

I think that Marcus is a streaky player, he gets hot and cold runs, he’s with his GF and then he breaks up with his GF, then he’s back with her and this effects his on field performances, which is a shame.

He’s generally a good human being that’s just a little bit flakey but now he’s just turned 26 he should be in his prime and starting to make better on and off field decisions. I say all this in defence of him as I’m a huge fan and believe he just needs a little patience and he’ll come good this season too.

Marcus, however needs to man up, he’s 26 now has elite potential but when his heads not right, he’ll stink the place out. I’ve seen him play well for 45 minutes this season and that’s 20 mins for us against Arsenal and 25 minutes for England vs Italy. He’s got 3 goals and 3 assists for club and country from 21 games, his career for united is 125 goals and 71 assists so 196 Goal involvements in 376 Games so he basically scores or assists at 1 in 2 in his united career, for England he’s played 60 times and has 20 goals and 7 assists, I included his one under 21 cap. So again practically 1 in 2 Goal involvements.

I hear how good phil Foden and Jack Grealish are and yes they are both more intelligent footballers, but when Marcus is in form, neither of these two offer the same penetration or stats that Marcus does internationally, Foden does for his club but not for his country they are not 1 in 2 GI internationally and neither of them have scored 30 goals in a season, thus is why Southgate keeps picking him?

My point is that if Rashford was at city or Liverpool both managers at those two clubs have both previously told of their huge admiration for him, both would get so much more out of him just by having a pattern of play that creates more opportunities for him, this year we expected ETH to kick on but the football has been generally drab.

Yes 75% is Marcus Fault but Hojlund hasn’t scored in the PL either this season because we don’t actually create that many chances for our attacking players and that simply needs to improve asap. Kobie as a genuine 8 will help but he’s still hugely inexperienced, United need an elite 8 and far more creativity from the wing backs.

Remember the geese

Keep saying it, but the time will come when we need to make a difficult decision with Rashford. It's him vs Garnacho for that left sided role. Neither player is as effective elsewhere. Rashford has been afforded a Superstar status by the club, so him playing second fiddle to Garnacho won't be an option. Wonder if we should do what Arsenal have done with Martinelli and Saka and prioritise Garnacho. You can argue that we have been doing that recently, with Rashford having to make do on the right but that isn't a long term solution.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nice penalty but his level is unbelievably poor. I wouldn’t mind watching an all touches compilation just for a chuckle tbh.

His ability to completely ignore every decent option and make the worst one usually involving running into defenders or dithering, is pretty unique imo.