View full 2022-23 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was good. Fred and Bruno were our worst players do that hardly helped him shine!

He was decent. The thing with him is: He can play in the #6 position but it's not natural to him, he doesn't have the positional awareness a Casemiro has. And with Fred being quite chaotic yesterday and Bruno further up the pitch his task was to handle the midfield on his own which is maybe a bit too much to ask from him.

Some strange comments. I think he was absolutely fine and there's a good player in him. Pace of the game was too fast in te beginning but when he was on the ball he did all right. Had about 86 percent in passing in the 1st half. Also tried his shot 2 times, the 2nd one being great, only saved by Meslier.
Some of the posts are way too harsh for a player who just came to the club and was thrown in the starting lineup in his second game after a 20 minute cameo.
Same, I liked how he switched the play towards Garnacho 2 or 3 times. He is a good player

Clearly a good performance, if not spectacular. Tidy in the central area, couple of interceptions, a few good attempts on goal, spreads the ball well.

I think it's pretty encouraging to have another competent midfielder as an option.

Sabitzer started awfully. Took him awhile to impose himself on the game. However, once he warned up to the pace of things, he put in an alright performance. Will need more out of him on Sunday if Fred continues to be ar$€.

Clearly a good performance, if not spectacular. Tidy in the central area, couple of interceptions, a few good attempts on goal, spreads the ball well.

I think it's pretty encouraging to have another competent midfielder as an option.

2:15 and 2:20 is outright funny. First he needs to step in after that horrendous Dalot pass, then he has to catch a yellow because Fred passed straight to a Leeds player. Those two really were something yesterday

I thought he did ok considering he was playing alongside a headless chicken.

Would be a superb squad player if we can get him signed permanently.

Didn't really understand why we took him off yesterday to put Lindelof on. I got the putting Lindelof on side of it, but was sure it would be for Fred and we'd allow Sabitzer to move forward slightly as he'd been tidy in possession linking with the wide players a few times in the second half. Was he limping or was there something I missed inside the ground?

Didn't really understand why we took him off yesterday to put Lindelof on. I got the putting Lindelof on side of it, but was sure it would be for Fred and we'd allow Sabitzer to move forward slightly as he'd been tidy in possession linking with the wide players a few times in the second half. Was he limping or was there something I missed inside the ground?

He definitely had a better game than Fred who was in car-crash mode. Must have been down to Sabitzer being on a yellow and probably tired as hasn't had much football recently.

He definitely had a better game than Fred who was in car-crash mode. Must have been down to Sabitzer being on a yellow and probably tired as hasn't had much football recently.
Ah I missed him getting booked, probably that then! Cheers.

Any new player deserves 10 games before any real conclusions are made. Especially if the player is moving to a new country/league.

Yeah McTominay kept Casa out at first which sounds mental when you say it now
Don’t think he kept him out per se, I think it was more about ETH letting Casemiro observe the EPL. SAF sometimes did the same thing with big signings.

I’d love to go back and see the comments about Martinez after his first game. Don’t think Sabitzer will be as great as Martinez (might be wrong) but you can see he is a talented CM and much better than McTominay, once Casemiro is back he’ll make our CM 3 better this year.

Not sure you can bash this guy from last nights performance when hes playing next to an absolute donkey which has no sense, cant pass a ball and struggles to control the ball. It was like a 1 man midfield last night we were dominated in the middle thanks to a lack of intelligence from the other cm.

Match fitness, I would presume. He hasn't been playing a lot at Bayern.

And to think we made a thread specifically for his chants even before kicking the ball.... turns out he is the Austrian Fellaini

hello bozo

Based on yesterday - which you have to assume isn't going to be his top level - I'd say he's pretty clearly our third best central midfielder, after Casemiro and Eriksen. I'd much rather have him than McTominay as the 6. As soon as Casemiro is back, he's the 8. And I think that's going to be a pretty good combination, but different than Casemiro/Eriksen. Sabitzer lacks Eriksens creative passing range, but his work capacity and stamina is vastly better and he's a great threat around the box when he goes forward, and also better than Eriksen defensively I think. It seems logical to expect that he'll support Casemiro defensively better than Eriksen does, especially late in games, but that Casemiro will have to take on a bigger responsibility for forward passing. But they're both essentially a-bit-of-everything midfielders.

I thought it was a clear instance of him being individually quite good but not being settled into the team. Him and Fred seemed to not be on the same page at times, his level of talent is clear though and I think if not for the Casemiro red card Ten Hag may have opted to give him a few more training sessions to get to know his teammates a bit better.

I think he's going to be a fine addition to the midfield. He's only been here just over a week! Looking forward to him partnering with Casemiro.

Decent debut, especially given the frantic nature of the game... and of his CM partner. Made a couple of dodgy passes but hey who didn't last night?

Needs match fitness and Casemiro alongside him. Good debut in a game where he had to carry the load due to Fred having one of the worst individual performances of the season.

Decent first start. I imagine he will play better than Fred at the moment, and even better with Casemiro.

Thought he looked decent. Leeds' frenetic style( stats are mad for last night, they attempted 47 tackles, Ayling made 14 alone!! Some teams don't make 14) is not an easy one to adapt to and he was a step behind for the first phase of the game but grew. Didn't strike me as a natural sitting player, more of a box to box supporting midfielder who looks to play quick forward passes and had a reasonable passing range and technique, with good mobility. Looked more a PL midfielder than Donny ever has.

Too early to tell I think but he might be a decent option. Hope he does well and we can get him full time on the cheap.

Too early to tell I think but he might be a decent option. Hope he does well and we can get him full time on the cheap.

I agree. It seems clear to me that he is a better footballer than both Fred and McTominay. Getting him for the depth in midfield could be good business.

I agree. It seems clear to me that he is a better footballer than both Fred and McTominay. Getting him for the depth in midfield could be good business.
I hope so but we have to wait and see. Players with decent technical level, like Fred, can look and be bad due to the pace of the PL and his slow "thinking" (makes him look panicked on the ball so often). Like you say, it's clear he is a good footballer, but whether he has the "fast thinking" to make that quality work for United or not we will see in time.

He‘s a keeper, because he has good speed of thought, which is what I was impressed with.

Yeah I was very confused about that as well. Fred was a complete liability for us and Sabitzer actually put in a good shift. Hope we see him and LIndelöf from the start against Leeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.