View full 2022-23 profile

5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not mighty opponents, but still a pretty intense game. Especially with Fred having a mare and the defense falling asleep at random times.

Plus barely training with team for more then a week and in a new league having played few games this season, I mean Casemiro also had a meh first game as I recall

That was a Beek-ish performance. Not impressed but he gets a free pass tonight for playing next to that calamity of a player.

Fair play to him. I'd have lunged at Fred if I was on his team tonight. Hard to do well when your partner has lost the plot.

Tough game for him. Not too bad but I think he certainly found it tricky out there against a very energetic and hungry Leeds side on his debut. Their midfield two are very, very competitive. Not the most quality but the American lads run their socks off and it didn't give him or Fred an opportunity for any sort of comfortable possession. That's where Eriksen's technical quality is so helpful, particularly in the first half when the energy levels of the opposition are high.
What an introduction to the PL for him against a struggling Leeds team. It really is different gravy to Germany. Sounds weird but the game will help him get up to the speed, I’m sure he’ll be better prepared on the weekend. Tough game for him tonight.

That is funny, when their midfield players are a long time teammate of Sabitzer and a player that played for Schalke from 2016 to 2021...
It was just the usual harakiri pressing he knows from Germany - the ex-coach from Leeds Marsch came from RB Leipzig and Salzburg... - the teams and the tactics Sabitzer comes from...

The problem probably was more that he needs time to get used to the tactics and players of your team... I guess it will be easier for him when he e.g. plays with Casemiro.

You really dont rate him do you? You wrote him off 15m into the match in the live thread and now you place him behind McT and Fred? What has he done to you? :lol:

I think he was better than Fred today and he looks better at football than McT.
Hard for anyone to look worse than Fred tonight in fairness.

Struggled a bit with the tempo and off the ball but him and Fred don't complement each other at all so he shouldnt be judged just yet.

Is the floor where the player is at currently, or how good he is when he plays badly?

Floor can mean 2 things in North American sport-speak, your 2nd suggestion is one of the 2 common usages:

1 - A player's base level in every game. Someone like Irwin or Scholes had extremely high floors in that when they were bad (barring a red card) they were still probably throwing up a 7 out of 10 performance.

2 - With regards to potential, it's used to say a prospect might never be great but he should be a solid contributor. This is less commonly found in soccer than in some sports, but I guess someone like Nicky Butt might have fit this bill. I'd have said Evans, but a lot of people who watched the youth teams thought he was gonna be a world class CB. Often in football you'd be talking about a prospect who has it all but is lacking pace, finishing or a single great quality, like Pellistri with his goal scoring on the right (possible it would improve on the left) or Iqbal with his lack of power or goalscoring in the middle (he'll have to control gams to make it here as a starter) or say Bella-Kotchap at Southampton, who doesn't look a great passer but can do everything defensively. Dewsbury-Hall would be another. Good player, adds balance to his team with his running and being left-footed and connecting play well, but doesn't seem likely to be great defensively or proficient attacking-wise.

Played well i think after he grew into it.

I thought so too. Surprised how negative people are being here. He's no Eriksen as a passer, but I think he's a clear upgrade on Fred and McTominay and we'll keep him unless we sign De Jong.

Since his is just a loan we have to contemplate signing two CMs this summer. One playmaking 8 is a must but another one is also needed so we rely on less on Mcfred. Whether that’s this chap who proves himself or anybody else remains to be seen

Thought he was decent. Some misplaced passes, but obviously a good player there. Proper PL top half level midfielder.

I thought he was quite good in the first half. Got involved often and was a threat.

Fast paced and tough game to come in to. We can’t forget that he is an emergency signing - else it would have been Iqbal/Lindelof in there tonight. People underestimate the step up to the PL from other leagues in Europe.

Hope he"ll keep shooting outside the box.

We haven't have this kind of player since Scholsey retired.

He just needs a run of games and he'll be fine, I'm not worried. He's a great player.

He just needs a run of games and he'll be fine, I'm not worried. He's a great player.
Hope he can impose himself and be expressive for us. Think that's the difference between his Leipzig/Bayern form. Needs to be made to feel like he's here to be a key player.

Did his best in awkward circumstances,don't think he can be judged properly until him and Casa team up for the first time at Wembley

I thought he did fine. Was surprised by our set up where he was playing as 6 with no one close to him. The set up will need tweaking. Get Bruno closer maybe?

He will be much better once he adjusts to the pace of the league and has an actual midfielder playing next to him - Casemiro.

Remember how off the pace Casemiro looked in his first few games.

Sabitzer is class. He will come good and be a pivotal signing for our season.

And we will thank him for keeping Fred and Mct out of the starting line up

He will be much better once he adjusts to the pace of the league and has an actual midfielder playing next to him - Casemiro.

Remember how off the pace Casemiro looked in his first few games.

Sabitzer is class. He will come good and be a pivotal signing for our season.

And we will thank him for keeping Fred and Mct out of the starting line up

Yeah McTominay kept Casa out at first which sounds mental when you say it now

Some strange comments. I think he was absolutely fine and there's a good player in him. Pace of the game was too fast in te beginning but when he was on the ball he did all right. Had about 86 percent in passing in the 1st half. Also tried his shot 2 times, the 2nd one being great, only saved by Meslier.
Some of the posts are way too harsh for a player who just came to the club and was thrown in the starting lineup in his second game after a 20 minute cameo.

I can't find it now, but I saw a stat which said Sabitzer attempted the most shots from outside the box per 90 than any other player in the top 5 leagues. It sounds like the kind of thing that would get annoying but he does it with impressive accuracy.

This tweet tells a similar story:

I thought so too. Surprised how negative people are being here. He's no Eriksen as a passer, but I think he's a clear upgrade on Fred and McTominay and we'll keep him unless we sign De Jong.
Will be a very useful asset for us down the line, jus quality is evident.

Since his is just a loan we have to contemplate signing two CMs this summer. One playmaking 8 is a must but another one is also needed so we rely on less on Mcfred. Whether that’s this chap who proves himself or anybody else remains to be seen
Yes, exactly. We’ve no clue how this will work out yet. If he finds his feet (I’m hopeful, Ten Hag has gotten a tune out of most) great, if not, onto the next.

Yeah that's one conclusion, second is he looked off pace. Like not match fit.

Can’t imagine he’s played a massive amount of football for Bayern by the sounds of it, but midfield is probably quite a hard position to try and play having only been with the group for a week.

Can’t imagine he’s played a massive amount of football for Bayern by the sounds of it, but midfield is probably quite a hard position to try and play having only been with the group for a week.
Especially when he had this weeks version of Fred next to him.

Yes, and we knew that is the case. This is why I was extremely worried once Casemiro got red. It puts our midfield in very difficult situation, no matter who we play against. This is not Sabitzer fault.

Thought he had a good game all things considered and he's certainly 3rd choice behind Casemiro and Eriksen. He got zero help last night from Fred, who cost him a booking, and Bruno was awful too. Once he gets his match fitness there he will be fine. Sunday we just have to hope Fred has a far better game and he helps Sabitzer instead of leaving him.

He looked better on the ball than I was expecting. Difficult match for him as it looked like he was alone in midfield at times when Leeds were breaking. Fred was atrocious and Bruno had a bad game which didn't help.
I think he'll look much better next to Casemiro in a more advanced role.
Too early to judge, but it wasn't a bad performance overall all things considered.

I think he is going to be really got fit next to Casemiro. He's much better player than Fred and also more physical than Eriksen, so he is a great option against stronger opposition.

I thought he did well, clearly our best midfielder on the night. He passed the ball much better than the other two. I don't know his stats for last night but it looked to me like his passing accuracy was well above Fred and Bruno and he gave the ball away much less. Team completely lost its shape for long periods and he has to take responsibility for that along with the other 9 outfield players but out of the 10 of them I would blame him least as he has only been here a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.