Manchester United Women - Silly Season - Summer 2024 edition

I get there has been some negative vibes from INEOS about the Women's team but people are going OTT about it

Disband the team? Absolutely no chance

I'm sure whoever leaves will be replaced, whether the replacements are as good is another question

They won't disband it because it would be a PR disaster but from all their actions it is clear it's an afterthought.

They are probably just getting rid of the dissenting voices from the womens team regarding a Greenwood return and then when we don't get a deal for him this summer and he reintegrates there will be no internal pressure to not let it happen.

Now that's some out of the box thinking !

Just coincidence that the dissenting voices happen to be those out of contract ?

They won't disband it because it would be a PR disaster but from all their actions it is clear it's an afterthought.

Ye pretty much - I'm certainly not defending INEOS, I was against this minority investment deal in the first place!

But people taking about disbanding the team or suggesting that there is no one dealing with contracts or transfers are taking it too far

But people taking about disbanding the team or suggesting that there is no one dealing with contracts or transfers are taking it too far

This has reassured me further, because the speculation about it all was getting me anxious over the actual future of the team, even though SJR's FA Cup comment seems to make me think he doesn't see the women's team of needing as much help as the men at the moment.

The new signings should calm some of the noise down hopefully, and I hope we turn Melvine's loan into a full contract.

I'm just getting a bit worried about Ella Toone maybe looking elsewhere - I'm still buzzing from her goal in the final!

Depends on whether they play or not!

Signings look good though.

Getting a bit cheeky are we? :lol:

You bet Skinner is sitting in the sun now carefully planning on how to teach this 29 year old international veteran how to play D in the WSL ;) Maybe play her in the Conti cup and after christmas slowly introduce her to the WSL?

Does it look like Guerrero is staying btw? I kind of get that feeling that she might have Earned Skinners trust to warm the bench another season....

Last edited:
So contract expiry day today, nothing yet on Parris...

So contract expiry day today, nothing yet on Parris...

Considering United had a deal done deal to sell her to USA before the FA-cup final and she declined it and cost United 3$ million USD you might suspect United are not too keen to re-sign her!

Considering United had a deal done deal to sell her to USA before the FA-cup final and she declined it and cost United 3$ million USD you might suspect United are not too keen to re-sign her!
I meant more that we haven't done the usual goodbye tweet, which may imply she did have a +1 option after all. Then again, we might just have no-one working on a Sunday :lol:

I meant more that we haven't done the usual goodbye tweet, which may imply she did have a +1 option after all. Then again, we might just have no-one working on a Sunday :lol:

Gotchá. Why are we not resigning Nikita btw? she is only 30 recently and was our leading scorer.

Gotchá. Why are we not resigning Nikita btw? she is only 30 recently and was our leading scorer.
She was apparently offered big money to go to the States a couple of months ago, I doubt United want to offer equal for a long term deal. If she has an option we might use that to keep her for a year or look to get a transfer fee.

Looks like Irene is coming back? :-)

svDL9Kd.jpeg

Looks like Irene is coming back? :-)
She didn’t go anywhere did she?
For all the grumblings around Skinner and his favourites, it is probably a good sign that after just three appearances (last season) she is not looking to leave - maybe she sees (or has been told) that without Zelem in the team now there will be more opportunities for her?

She doesn’t look too happy about the thought of another season not playing.
And here's me thinking it's nice to see her standing up in a red shirt - rather than sitting on the bench in one of those substitute warm up bibs ;)

I actually hope United sign one more player than the plan was to silence the doomsday reports that resulted in lots of United fans saying they would not buy season tickets on different kind of social media. It was pretty sad to see!

Any news on Terland? I thought I saw someone mention she has had a medical at Carrington, but cant find anything to confirm that. Just would to get that signing over the line quickly to send a message!

Any news on Terland? I thought I saw someone mention she has had a medical at Carrington, but cant find anything to confirm that. Just would to get that signing over the line quickly to send a message!

I feel exactly the same, I've googled her name several times per day (with keyword search additions such as 'man utd', 'medical' etc) since it was announced she may be heading our way, but there isn't anything new coming though yet.

Hopefully she will be ours and unveiled soon!

I feel exactly the same, I've googled her name several times per day (with keyword search additions such as 'man utd', 'medical' etc) since it was announced she may be heading our way, but there isn't anything new coming though yet.

Hopefully she will be ours and unveiled soon!

I hope Terland has not seen all the doomsday articles and had a change of mind, that would be terrible!

I hope Terland has not seen all the doomsday articles and had a change of mind, that would be terrible!

Even if she has, is it not far more likely that she will be speaking to current and/or ex-players to get a potentially more accurate reflection of daily life at the club etc? I wouldn't be surprised if she has spoken to Naalsund for example. Just a hunch!

Even if she has, is it not far more likely that she will be speaking to current and/or ex-players to get a potentially more accurate reflection of daily life at the club etc? I wouldn't be surprised if she has spoken to Naalsund for example. Just a hunch!

Thats a good point, I hope that common sense will prevail. Although I listened to a pod yesterday on United womens team where a source within the actual team called the current situation a "shit-show" so its possible some players are also concerned of course!

Thats a good point, I hope that common sense will prevail. Although I listened to a pod yesterday on United womens team where a source within the actual team called the current situation a "shit-show" so its possible some players are also concerned of course!
Oh well…roll on September whatever happens!

Seems she’s about to announce her next destination imminently, and much points to that being somewhere in the vicinity of the rivers Irk and Irwell.

Let’s hope there is truth to Omar Berrada’s letter to the fans stating one of his three top priorities forward is the women’s team. At least it shows that he’s taking the matter more seriously than Ratcliffe. We’ll see - actions speaks louder etc.

I think she announced she was leaving back in May, so no surprise. Halifax play in the FAWNL Premier League North division - the third tier of women's football.

Newcastle won it last season - with a mostly pro team. Teams like Burnley, Derby, Wolves, Nottingham Forest are in it - so it's a decent standard and standards are rising, but it's a club where hopefully she will get chances to play.

I think she announced she was leaving back in May, so no surprise. Halifax play in the FAWNL Premier League North division - the third tier of women's football.

Newcastle won it last season - with a mostly pro team. Teams like Burnley, Derby, Wolves, Nottingham Forest are in it - so it's a decent standard and standards are rising, but it's a club where hopefully she will get chances to play.

If you say hopefully Fay will get some chances to play, is that with regard to her own personal career and development benefit, or have we sent her to Halifax on loan to gain experience?

If you say hopefully Fay will get some chances to play, is that with regard to her own personal career and development benefit, or have we sent her to Halifax on loan to gain experience?
I think she has already left us. I just like to see our youngsters get the chance to become the best player they can.

Having just seen the news of Evie Rabjohn's ACL injury, would we look at another defensive option? I was curious about whether we'd look at Milly Mott from Southampton, but this now seems to make things feel a bit more urgent.

I saw Milly's efforts in Eastleigh when we played the Saints in the FA Cup last season. I was sat behind the goal, and when our players were shooting towards where I was sat, she was always getting stuck in, getting in the way, generally being an absolutely massive yet diminutive pain. She reminded me of when Carlos Tevez wouldn't leave the Barcelona players alone in the CL semi-final where the commentater stated "Carlos Tevez is making an absolute nuisance of himself."

I think we should definitely try to sign her!

Getting Ashworth and Berrada in seems like it will be a huge boon for the womens team. I'm starting to get more optimistic after some less than stellar quotes from Ratcliffe.

That’s great news, a position that needed strengthening, and at 21 looks like planning for the long term too. I also liked that she said she was impressed with the Carrington facilities, nice counter to the doom and gloom reports!