Manchester United Women - Silly Season - Summer 2024 edition

In more positive news

Pissed off doesn’t even come close to describing how I feel about this utter clown show. Might as well shut the whole thing down

Gabby George, Evie Rabjohn and Emma Watson will at least return from injury to bolster the squad?

Gabby George, Evie Rabjohn and Emma Watson will at least return from injury to bolster the squad?
With the latter two I suppose it remains to be seen if we intend to go the Clinton route or not. You'd think Watson has a chance to make an impact based on last pre-season - on the other hand, Skinner.

Could be a case on needs must though, if all the rumoured departures are true.

With the latter two I suppose it remains to be seen if we intend to go the Clinton route or not. You'd think Watson has a chance to make an impact based on last pre-season - on the other hand, Skinner.

Could be a case on needs must though, if all the rumoured departures are true.
Might be no choice as you say, unless we end up with noone on the bench by the time players have left.

According to reports in Germany.....there is a big chance that we will sign Maria-Luisa Grohs from Bayern Munich as replacement for Earps :eek:

According to reports in Germany.....there is a big chance that we will sign Maria-Luisa Grohs from Bayern Munich as replacement for Earps :eek:

I’m so glad we paid a world record fee for a keeper to be a sub. If what you wrote is true of course.

She had 13 goals in 22 games for Brighton in the WSL. Russo has 12 goals in 22 games in comparison.

And she is COMING ON A FREE TRANSFER :devil:
Worth saying as well that she scored those goals in a Brighton team that only got 26 goals on total.

I'm not sure how the other aspects of her game like ball retention and team play match up to Russo - but on the raw numbers it sounds like she's being signed with the expectation that she'll be a regular.

Worth saying as well that she scored those goals in a Brighton team that only got 26 goals on total.

I'm not sure how the other aspects of her game like ball retention and team play match up to Russo - but on the raw numbers it sounds like she's being signed with the expectation that she'll be a regular.

Cue Williams starting every match :lol:

I’m so glad we paid a world record fee for a keeper to be a sub. If what you wrote is true of course.
It's a surprise - of the departures that we were expecting this is the one position we already had covered

Then I remember that we scarcely saw her last season and wonder if we've already rejected her as a starter.

It's a surprise - of the departures that we were expecting this is the one position we already had covered

Then I remember that we scarcely saw her last season and wonder if we've already rejected her as a starter.

I really hope that is not true. Based on the little I've seen she's a talent. Much better with her feet than Earps, tall, good shotstopper etc.

The ladies have to look out for their careers. I don't blame them for leaving if the path forward for them is unclear, if they aren't happy working for Skinner, if they are offered more money elsewhere, if a top team comes knocking at their door, if they have greater chances of winning league titles.

Looks like United may be triggering the option to buy clause in Melvine Malard's loan deal. A bit of a surprise given how little we've seen of her - but as I like her style, I'm not disappointed to hear that!

Looks like United may be triggering the option to buy clause in Melvine Malard's loan deal. A bit of a surprise given how little we've seen of her - but as I like her style, I'm not disappointed to hear that!

Finally a bit of good news. The skeptic in me thinks these are just leaks to control the mood around the club. Hope I'm wrong.

Makes me feel a bit better about our forward options, seemed a great fit in the dressing room too.

Bayern’s Maria Luisa Grohs is a candidate for ManUtdWomen!

Grohs, open to leave FC Bayern to fulfill her personal target joining a top club in the FA Women's Super League.

Grohs could replace Mary Earps who is about to join Paris Saint-Germain! #MUFC

https://x.com/Plettigoal/status/1805952327204876565

Yeah right.

Wanted her when she was at Everton and was gutted when city got her. Can’t be true, we don’t move like this.

on another note: just watched the Garcia interview, she was very emotional and it’s a shame. If United could offer professionals a better all round deal, lots would stay. Unfortunately the way it’s been ran anyone worth anything won’t stick around. Why would they?

Wanted her when she was at Everton and was gutted when city got her. Can’t be true, we don’t move like this.

on another note: just watched the Garcia interview, she was very emotional and it’s a shame. If United could offer professionals a better all round deal, lots would stay. Unfortunately the way it’s been ran anyone worth anything won’t stick around. Why would they?

Yeah me too, it looked inevitable she would go on to be a very good player.

And yep, it seemed like García adapted so well. I feel even worse for the players who are staying. Toone, Turner etc.

Our players leaving and others rumoured to leave has made me nervous about whether INEOS would actually disband the women's team like the Glazers did, but talk of signings has reassured me even if just a little.

Elisabeth Terland has great stats.

Surely if we have Phallon Tullis-Joyce, we have Mary's departure covered? If the goalie from Bayern Munich heads over, is she as better, and/or would she provide effective position cover/competition?

Chloe Kelly is surely fake news but what a statement signing she would be.

Our players leaving and others rumoured to leave has made me nervous about whether INEOS would actually disband the women's team like the Glazers did, but talk of signings has reassured me even if just a little.

Elisabeth Terland has great stats.

Surely if we have Phallon Tullis-Joyce, we have Mary's departure covered? If the goalie from Bayern Munich heads over, is she as better, and/or would she provide effective position cover/competition?

Chloe Kelly is surely fake news but what a statement signing she would be.

I get there has been some negative vibes from INEOS about the Women's team but people are going OTT about it

Disband the team? Absolutely no chance

I'm sure whoever leaves will be replaced, whether the replacements are as good is another question

I get there has been some negative vibes from INEOS about the Women's team but people are going OTT about it

I'm sure whoever leaves will be replaced, whether the replacements are as good is another question

That makes me feel a bit better and more reassured at least, cheers!

Yeah, worse comes to worst, I’m sure we have plenty of dinner ladies on the payroll who can be drafted in on matchday one if we’re still short in a position or two. Dunno what people are complaining about tbh :rolleyes:

Would not say no to Lucy Bronze on a free transfer....

It's shocking. The biggest club in England could be a great platform for the womens game, we could be a driving force to grow that part of the sport but INEOS are not bothered. The club were already late to the party to begin with. We didn't have a womens team until 2018! Why bother if it's just going to be neglected like this.

Strange handling of the women’s team right now. Men’s team is rightly the priority, but you’d think they’d put leadership in place to manage the women’s side of things. This is a result of extreme cost cutting for sure, and I really don’t think it’s out of any specific disregard towards the women’s team or women’s football, but it’s going to be harder to build the team back up if they don’t at least keep it ticking over. The club is a business as is being managed as such, my organisation is going through a similar contraction right now. Any department that’s low revenue and low priority is being jettisoned. If you have massive debt and finances that require managing, you don’t put any focus on a division that accounts for 1% of your overall revenue. It’s a ruthless business decision. I’m not convinced it’s a sensible long term approach for a football team though. I expect when club is running more efficiently they’ll give due attention to the women’s team.

Surely you got to wait and see who they get in first. They might surprise us. These big player leaving need to be replaced, it’s that simple.
That is true, but not if they replace them with bench warmers from other clubs. We need good players coming in, not just players to make up the numbers.

They are probably just getting rid of the dissenting voices from the womens team regarding a Greenwood return and then when we don't get a deal for him this summer and he reintegrates there will be no internal pressure to not let it happen.

They are probably just getting rid of the dissenting voices from the womens team regarding a Greenwood return and then when we don't get a deal for him this summer and he reintegrates there will be no internal pressure to not let it happen.
Except it will make it harder for the other first team players when the abuse at away grounds is even worse than it is now, that women's groups are getting involved. When the media get involved. Just imagine when we have adverts on our channel for anti-abuse of women. It will make us look complete hypocrits.

Does it suprise anyone what is happening to the women’s team the rat couldn’t give a flying shit about them the biggest match in their history cup final at Wembley where was he smooching Starmer at old Trafford shamelessly trying to beg money for a new stadium

Does it suprise anyone what is happening to the women’s team the rat couldn’t give a flying shit about them the biggest match in their history cup final at Wembley where was he smooching Starmer at old Trafford shamelessly trying to beg money for a new stadium

The women’s team just isn’t a priority? It’s an after thought.

Some of the fans that go to watch the womens team might not be able to afford to go to OT. It is great watching the families there, the interaction with the players after the game, not a load of prima donnas who walk past fans with headphones on or shout abuse back at them when it suits them.