Manchester United Women - Silly Season - Summer 2024 edition

The Clinton/Bizet anecdote is fun. But, as jojojo said, where are all these forwards going to play? Or rather, are they going to play?

Yeah I can definitely see a Leon situation developing again this season.

Look it’s good that we’re signing players but in these positions it would have to be a star(ter) to make much sense.

Anyway warm welcome to Bizet!

Celin apparently travelled with the squad from Manchester Airport this morning. They're off to Spain for a training camp.

From a United women's team fan account - that's Celin and Grace in the United kit.

It's deadline day! Any news, any buzz?

I read somewhere (can't recall where, apologies) that Brighton were potentially after Parris

I'll be sad to see Nikita go, she stepped up to the plate in terms of goals last season and always seemed to have a sunny disposition about her. Getting a feeling for a player her age would be good business though, and going forward she was only ever likely to be a bench player now.

Final squad, then?

Tullis-Joyce
Middleton-Patel

Riviere
George
Sandberg
Rabjohn

Le Tissier (C)
Turner
Janssen
Mannion

Naalsund
Ladd
Clinton
Awujo
Watson
Toone

Geyse
Galton
Bizet
Hinata

Terland
Malard
Williams

Not a squad loaded with proven top class players, but hopefully a few can step up and become that this year.

I think we've added well - the squad needed this so badly!
So interested to see his first team announcement.

Final squad, then?

Tullis-Joyce
Middleton-Patel

Riviere
George
Sandberg
Rabjohn

Le Tissier (C)
Turner
Janssen
Mannion

Naalsund
Ladd
Clinton
Awujo
Watson
Toone

Geyse
Galton
Bizet
Hinata

Terland
Malard
Williams

Not a squad loaded with proven top class players, but hopefully a few can step up and become that this year.
I think we'll keep trying to recruit a keeper - running a squad with only two is a gamble but you can recruit free agents outside the window. Though obviously we've got U21 and academy players to fall back on.

Evie Rabjohn unfortunately has an ACL injury and with Blundell out we have to hope that players like Rivière stay fit.

Which is a reminder really of how important the squad is. Overall I think we've got a stronger squad this year. A lot of them are high potential players rather than proven stars - but almost all of them are full internationals. In fact a lot of them we know better from their national teams.

The great mystery is around midfield of course. So many permutations there and a lot of brand new partnerships to be formed.

We know very little about the pre-season though - so I'm not even sure where to start on guessing the opening game team. I like that we know that the players who are supposed to score goals have been scoring goals so I'm hopeful.

Apart from the new signings (and return of Grace Clinton!), I'm hopeful that we'll see big improvement from a couple of internationals -- specifically Malard and Geyse -- in their second years with the club. Both are great individual talents, but last season it seemed to me that they never looked fully integrated into the offense. I thought Malard was starting to develop a good connection with Toone and hope to see that grow. Geyse almost always seemed to me disconnected from the rest of the team: She too often played with her head down, seemingly unaware of where any of her teammates were. She showed individual brilliance at times, but too often her fancy footwork down in the corner ended with losing the ball, taking a shot from an impossible angle, or a blind cross into an empty box. After a year with the team, either or both could turn out to be much more effective than they were last year and put up some big numbers.

Reactions: Cheimoon