Manager draft

Suppose I best listen to Ancelotti himself and go for the best player he has managed:

winner2+%28main%29.jpg

01. Harms - Trapattoni
02. Angelo - Cappello
03. Jayvin - Ancelotti
04. Paolo - LVG
05. Skizzo - Udo Lattek
06. MJJ - Lippi
07. Joga Bonito - Udo Lattek
08. Balu - Béla Guttmann
09. Raees - Del Bosque
10. Cutch - Alex Ferguson
11. Gio - Trapattoni
12. EAP - Capello
13. TRV - Guardiola
14. DanNistelrooy - Ancelotti 1. Cristiano Ronaldo
15. Annah - Luxemburgo 1. Zidane
16. Crappy - Rinus Michels 1. Migueli

@The Red Viper over to you

It was as clear as always that we made a randomized list, the person who was number 1 on that list gets to be the last pick in the reinforcements. There were very clear advantages of picking manager first, you decided exactly which one you wanted. Some would obviously be shared, others wouldn't - but you chose if you wanted to share one or not.

Like Crappy says, which was his options by then of the previously picked managers? None, he had to take what was left. Mind, there were plenty of quality left but we shouldn't punish Crappy for that.
I disagree, but I'm fine with whatever decision you make. Fair enough, go with the bottom to top order for the reinforcement rounds.

I wouldn't want to play Lattek with a dividpartly baed pool. Picking the manager early had its risks, because you had no control over your player pool anymore and everyone behind you had the chance to steal the key player of your team, because they could pick first. Being first and last both had its advantages and disadvantages in my opinion and it simply shouldn't count in regards to the order of the player draft in the reinforcement rounds.

Having the second pick of a manager is not that bad, you lose the first star pick but get the next 2 as well. For several managers that is more advantageous.

My point is simply that going last, lots of options were simply taken off my plate. I was actually considering Pep and Fergie as well but knew that you can't afford a divided pool for both.

In fact my pick of Rinus was partly based on the assumption that I will pick first in the reinforcements.

In fact my pick of Rinus was partly based on the assumption that I will pick first in the reinforcements.
Yeah, that I actually believe. Still think it's unfair overall and it wasn't clear (at least not to me) from the op, but let's keep this going. It's impossible to say what position will be an advantage/disadvantage for the 2nd draft round anyway.

Yeah, that I actually believe. Still think it's unfair overall and it wasn't clear (at least not to me) from the op, but let's keep this going. It's impossible to say what position will be an advantage/disadvantage for the 2nd draft round anyway.

Very true, it is completely random and in the end starting may be the worst for you depending on who gets kicked out of the competition.

Hoping for an absolute howler from someone here - a case of complacency turned disastrous...

Doubt it will happen, though. The lines are fairly clear here. Crappy can safely bide his time as far as his biggest hitters go.

Hoping for an absolute howler from someone here - a case of complacency turned disastrous...

Doubt it will happen, though. The lines are fairly clear here. Crappy can safely bide his time as far as his biggest hitters go.
Heh.. I checked twice before picking Migueli first

01. Harms:-
Giovanni Trapattoni - 1.
02. AngeloHenriquez:- Fabio Cappello - 1.
03. Jayvin:- Carlo Ancelotti - 1.
04. Paolo Di Canio:- Louis Van Gaal - 1.
05. Skizzo:- Udo Lattek - 1.
06. MJJ:- Marcello Lippi - 1.
07. Joga Bonito:- Udo Lattek - 1.
08. Balu:- Béla Guttmann - 1.
09. Raees:- Vicente Del Bosque - 1.
10. Cutch:- Alex Ferguson - 1.
11. Gio:- Giovanni Trapattoni - 1.
12. Edgar Allan Pillow:- Fabio Capello - 1.
13. The Red Viper:- Pep Guardiola - 1. Philipp Lahm
14. DanNistelrooy:- Carlo Ancelotti - 1. Cristiano Ronaldo
15. Annahnomoss:- Vanderlei Luxemburgo - 1. Zinedine Zidane
16. Crappycraperson:- Rinus Michels - 1. Migueli

01. Harms:- Giovanni Trapattoni - 1.
02. AngeloHenriquez:- Fabio Cappello - 1.
03. Jayvin:- Carlo Ancelotti - 1.
04. Paolo Di Canio:- Louis Van Gaal - 1.
05. Skizzo:- Udo Lattek - 1.
06. MJJ:- Marcello Lippi - 1.
07. Joga Bonito:- Udo Lattek - 1.
08. Balu:- Béla Guttmann - 1.
09. Raees:- Vicente Del Bosque - 1.
10. Cutch:- Alex Ferguson - 1.
11. Gio:- Giovanni Trapattoni - 1.
12. Edgar Allan Pillow:- Fabio Capello - 1. Maldini
13. The Red Viper:- Pep Guardiola - 1. Philipp Lahm
14. DanNistelrooy:- Carlo Ancelotti - 1. Cristiano Ronaldo
15. Annahnomoss:- Vanderlei Luxemburgo - 1. Zinedine Zidane
16. Crappycraperson:- Rinus Michels - 1. Migueli

Major points of interest for me:
  • How Crappy and Balu will line up - not least at the back.
  • To what extent the "sharers" will feck each other over, perhaps even to the point of partially neutralizing each other. The pools are vast, certainly, but it's very possible that both managers will aim for the same sort of set-up...and then trouble's a-brewin'.
  • What Cutch will do. Picking a Fergie XI is easy in one sense - yet bloody difficult in another.

Major points of interest for me:
  • How Crappy and Balu will line up - not least at the back.
  • To what extent the "sharers" will feck each other over, perhaps even to the point of partially neutralizing each other. The pools are vast, certainly, but it's very possible that both managers will aim for the same sort of set-up...and then trouble's a-brewin'.
  • What Cutch will do. Picking a Fergie XI is easy in one sense - yet bloody difficult in another.
I can send you my final teamsheet if you want. It's even more beautiful than I thought it would be. Or you can watch it all unfold here, your choice ;).

Makes sense but it would be too complex. Or is that the case Annah?

We discussed it earlier, it was the original idea to vote for those who honored their manager best but nobody liked it so we changed it.

So the answer is no, you don't have to play players like your manager did/would.

I can send you my final teamsheet if you want. It's even more beautiful than I thought it would be. Or you can watch it all unfold here, your choice ;).

Hehe - I'll wait and see, mate. It's more fun that way - plus, I get loose mouthed when I drink, you know...

Wait, nobody can pick up peak Ronaldinho either or am I wrong again? Only Guardiola/Milan version?

In that case, we have to make sure we play the same formation as the managers did in real life as well.
of course not. If a player can play 3 positions, played a specific under a manager and excelled at that, only his performances playing that position should be taken into account. Lahm has played his best full back as a CM under Pep.

@Annahnomoss

1) How many reinforcements are there from next round?
2) Can you list the AM's in team sheets so we don't double count votes?

Would be best if you could list basic rules in the OP too... Feel free to use/edit below...

Draft Boss Rules:
B1 - All matches will be for 24 hrs
B2 - All draft picks will be on 8 hr intervals. More time can be granted on Boss's sole discretion (in case of quick picks).
B3 - Assistant Managers vote will count as single. Only Managers vote is counted as double. Assistant Managers cannot vote for their own games. Managers can vote to see the score, but will not be counted.
B4 - Playing managers vote count twice. Please honour the code and avoid tactical voting.
B5 - Once posted, the pick stands. No changing. Take care before you post.
B6 - There will be 2 reinforcements per round after R1 till finals. The snake order will be randomized before the pick every round.

Theme of Draft (Reality) Rules:
T1 - Players will be judged by their peak under the chosen manager, not career peaks.

of course not. If a player can play 3 positions, played a specific under a manager and excelled at that, only his performances playing that position should be taken into account. Lahm has played his best full back as a CM under Pep.
That's a bit harsh. Lahm played often enough rightback last year. He shouldn't be limited to the CM position and most likely wouldn't play in CM, if we weren't missing at least 3 CMs through injury all the time.

There will be so much controversy about evaluating the peak of a player. That will cause ill-feelings. Someone will randomly argue, that a specific player was pretty shit during the specific period of time and the whole match will only discuss this issue. :lol: I am already loving it. :drool:

There will be so much controversy about evaluating the peak of a player. That will cause ill-feelings. Someone will randomly argue, that a specific player was pretty shit during the specific period of time and the whole match will only discuss this issue. :lol: I am already loving it. :drool:

I hate when discussions are about particular players peak rather than about the tactical nuisances in the game. Hopefully there'll be a non-extreme view, in either direction, "accepted" and the discussion can focus on what really matters.

That's a bit harsh. Lahm played often enough rightback last year. He shouldn't be limited to the CM position and most likely wouldn't play in CM, if we weren't missing at least 3 CMs through injury all the time.

I am fine with him playing as RB. But it's clear that his best performances at RB came before Pep took over.