Manager draft

@crappycraperson
To clarify, Crappy made pick 16 with Rinus Michels and will now use his pick 17 to start of the player round. This means Crappy will be the first to pick reinforcements, which is a difficult scenario considering a lot of people failed to capitalize on picking manager first. Paolo, MJJ, Balu, Cutch I think all did capitalize on that and did great so changing the order for a "re-balance" also seems wrong.

There is a 8 hour deadline from your opponent picks from Crappy makes the first player pick.

01. Harms - Trapattoni
02. Angelo - Cappello
03. Jayvin - Ancelotti
04. Paolo - LVG
05. Skizzo - Udo Lattek
06. MJJ - Lippi
07. Joga Bonito - Udo Lattek
08. Balu - Béla Guttmann
09. Raees - Del Bosque
10. Cutch - Alex Ferguson
11. Gio - Trapattoni
12. EAP - Capello
13. TRV - Guardiola
14. DanNistelrooy - Ancelotti
15. Annah - Luxemburgo
16. Crappy - Rinus Michels 1.

Last edited:
Joga being so close to me means I have to wait for allllll those other picks, and then right before it comes back to me...BOOM...he crushes my hopes with his pick and its back to the drawing board. Just as agonizing as ever.

Love these drafts.

a lot of people failed to capitalize on picking manager first. Paolo, MJJ, Balu, Cutch I think all did capitalize on that and did great

What's this mean? Not capitalizing by not picking a unique manager?

Those managers who are being shared have deep pools to have 2 strong teams. If they were alone, they would just be super strong even in the first round, imo.

:lol: pick a shitty one and you are save, except someone really hates you. Not a big deal so. If you cant build two great teams with the pool of Capello, Trap or Lattek its your own fault. Furthermore if they survive the first round, they can easily improve every round.

What's this mean? Not capitalizing by not picking a unique manager?

Those managers who are being shared have deep pools to have 2 strong teams. If they were alone, they would just be super strong even in the first round, imo.

Didn't mean it as something negative, just that I've seen some people be unsatisfied with their pick and wasn't sure they knew that in the reinforcement in the next round they'd be last.

I pick Miguel Bernardo Bianquetti

01. Harms - Trapattoni
02. Angelo - Cappello
03. Jayvin - Ancelotti
04. Paolo - LVG
05. Skizzo - Udo Lattek
06. MJJ - Lippi
08. Balu - Béla Guttmann
09. Raees - Del Bosque
11. Gio - Trapattoni
12. EAP - Capello
13. TRV - Guardiola
15. Annah - Luxemburgo
16. Crappy - Rinus Michels 1. Migueli

This is damn interesting. Nobody can pick Rivaldo or Ronaldo in their peak. 2003 version, 2006 version and 2004 version are available of Ronaldo only. Rivaldo is only available from Milan. I have no clue how people will pick, it will be a blast.

@Annahnomoss I'm sure the rule that unpicked players shouldn't be named still stands? As interesting as the discussion is, it's a bit unfair to others and their plans.

Zinedine%2BZidane%2Btop%2Bplayer%2Bin%2Bthe%2Bworld.jpg

01. Harms - Trapattoni
02. Angelo - Cappello
03. Jayvin - Ancelotti
04. Paolo - LVG
05. Skizzo - Udo Lattek
06. MJJ - Lippi
08. Balu - Béla Guttmann
09. Raees - Del Bosque
11. Gio - Trapattoni
12. EAP - Capello
13. TRV - Guardiola
15. Annah - Luxemburgo 1. Zidane
16. Crappy - Rinus Michels 1. Migueli

Crappy had pick 16 in this round, Harms had pick 1. So for the reinforcement Crappy will have pick 1 and Harms will be last.
You can't do that. The advantage to give someone twice in a row the top player pick is way too big. You have to reverse the order for the first reinforcement round, especially because many agreed that picking the manager last was actually an advantage. The manager picks shouldn't count.

I am fine personally to reverse the order or randomize it but the people from the bottom half has to decide it and accept it considering it was quite clear who had the first pick in this draft, and who had the 16th pick.

Yup. I was in the same dilema. Is a less than stellar Ronaldo still lethal?

I picked Zidane ahead of him as Ronaldo from 98~ is so much better than the option I had which was Ronaldo from 04. Still a great striker, but not one of the best players in history by any means.

I am fine personally to reverse the order or randomize it but the people from the bottom half has to decide it and accept it considering it was quite clear who had the first pick in this draft, and who had the 16th pick.

I think it is fair. I had the same in previous drafts. crappy has first pick this round. Next round would start at the other end.

At no time was anywhere mentioned that the player draft won't start in reverse order in the reinforcement rounds. It's silly in my opinion. Not that I care, it won't matter for my team, but it just feels very wrong to me.

You can't do that. The advantage to give someone twice in a row the top player pick is way too big. You have to reverse the order for the first reinforcement round, especially because many agreed that picking the manager last was actually an advantage. The manager picks shouldn't count.
Is it though? Basically meant that I could not pick someone like Udo Lattek (was always gonna be picked twice), Ferguson ( can't play him with a divided pool), Pep (Same) and some others.

No changing rules now.
It was never a rule, Annah's comment came completely out of nowhere and is completely against the order we had in all the previous drafts. Unless I missed that it was written somewhere, it makes no sense to me.

Is it though? Basically meant that I could not pick someone like Udo Lattek (was always gonna be picked twice), Ferguson ( can't play him with a divided pool), Pep (Same) and some others.

Yup, all the managers who couldn't be shared was free for grabs for the early pickers. Feels worse in my eyes to give Crappy the last pick, then he makes it through and gets the last pick again. The managerial picks was clearly part of the game and starting in that round, then starting in the reinforcements is a bit off.

It was never a rule, Annah's comment came completely out of nowhere and is completely against the order we had in all the previous drafts. Unless I missed that it was written somewhere, it makes no sense to me.

Actually this is exactly the order of always? Start first round, last second round, start third round etc.

I think randomizing which way we start is the best though in the reinforcements.

Yup, all the managers who couldn't be shared was free for grabs for the early pickers. Feels worse in my eyes to give Crappy the last pick, then he makes it through and gets the last pick again. The managerial picks was clearly part of the game and starting in that round, then starting in the reinforcements is a bit off.
Even those were picked twice, could not be picked again

Actually this is exactly the order of always? Start first round, last second round, start third round etc.

I think randomizing which way we start is the best though in the reinforcements.

unless we are picking.managers again, you should consider it just for the players .giving the bottom teams two first go is a bit too much.

I wouldn't want to play Lattek with a divided pool. Picking the manager early had its risks, because you had no control over your player pool anymore and everyone behind you had the chance to steal the key player of your team, because they could pick first. Being first and last both had its advantages and disadvantages in my opinion and it simply shouldn't count in regards to the order of the player draft in the reinforcement rounds.

Only if you include the manager picks, which makes it a lot more unbalanced as usual in my opinion and wasn't clear to me at all. You didn't mention it before today, right? I'm fine with randomising it, that's probably the best solution. Your decision anyway.

so much drama. :wenger:

Always! Will never be able to understand why either.

I wouldn't want to play Lattek with a divided pool. Picking the manager early had its risks, because you had no control over your player pool anymore and everyone behind you had the chance to steal the key player of your team, because they could pick first. Being first and last both had its advantages and disadvantages in my opinion and it simply shouldn't count in regards of the order of the player draft in the reinforcement rounds.

Only if you include the manager picks, which makes it a lot more unbalanced as usual in my opinion and wasn't clear to me at all. You didn't mention it before today, right? I'm fine with randomising it, that's probably the best solution. Your decision anyway.

It was as clear as always that we made a randomized list, the person who was number 1 on that list gets to be the last pick in the reinforcements. There were very clear advantages of picking manager first, you decided exactly which one you wanted. Some would obviously be shared, others wouldn't - but you chose if you wanted to share one or not.

Like Crappy says, which was his options by then of the previously picked managers? None, he had to take what was left. Mind, there were plenty of quality left but we shouldn't punish Crappy for that.

This is damn interesting. Nobody can pick Rivaldo or Ronaldo in their peak. 2003 version, 2006 version and 2004 version are available of Ronaldo only. Rivaldo is only available from Milan. I have no clue how people will pick, it will be a blast.
Peak Rivaldo is available under Van Gaal.