Manager draft

I'll take Marcel Desailly.

images

Well aren't you just a prize cnut.

01. Harms:-
Giovanni Trapattoni - 1. Platini 2. Scirea 3. Boniek 4. Bergomi
02. AngeloHenriquez/Stobzilla:- Fabio Cappello - 1. F. Baresi 2. Gullit 3. Van Basten 4. Hierro
03. Jayvin:- Carlo Ancelotti - 1. Davids 2. Kaka 3. Cannavaro 4. Shevchenko
04. Paolo Di Canio:- Louis Van Gaal - 1. Rijkaard 2. Rivaldo 3. Guardiola 4. Ribéry
05. Skizzo:- Udo Lattek - 1. Maradona 2. G. Müller 3. Breitner 4. Rummenigge
06. MJJ:- Marcello Lippi - 1. R. Baggio 2. Thuram 3. Del Piero 4. Vieri
07. Joga Bonito:- Udo Lattek - 1. Beckenbauer 2. Schuster 3. Vogts 4. Brehme
08. Balu/PedroMendez:- Béla Guttmann - 1. Bozsik 2. Puskás 3. C. Maldini 4. Grosics
09. Raees:- Vicente Del Bosque - 1. Ronaldo 2. Figo 3. M. Laudrup 4. C. Seedorf
10. Cutch:- Alex Ferguson - 1. Beckham 2. Stam 3. Van Nistelrooy 4. Cantona
11. Gio:- Giovanni Trapattoni - 1. Matthäus 2. Batistuta 3. Tardelli 4. Kohler
12. Edgar Allan Pillow:- Fabio Capello - 1. P. Maldini 2. Nedved 3. Redondo 4. Desailly
13. The Red Viper:- Pep Guardiola - 1. Lahm 2. Robben 3. Puyol 4. Xavi
14. DanNistelrooy:- Carlo Ancelotti - 1. C. Ronaldo 2. Nesta 3. Pirlo 4.
15. Annahnomoss:- Vanderlei Luxemburgo - 1. Zidane 2. Cafu 3. R. Carlos 4. 13. Romario
16. Crappycraperson:- Rinus Michels - 1. Migueli 2. Cruyff 3. Neeskens 4.

Sorry lads, went to bed thinking it wouldn't get to me over night. Will make my pick shortly. Seedorf was my next pick!

Gennaro-Gattuso-Milan-v-J-007.jpg

01. Harms:- Giovanni Trapattoni - 1. Platini 2. Scirea 3. Boniek 4. Bergomi
02. AngeloHenriquez/Stobzilla:- Fabio Cappello - 1. F. Baresi 2. Gullit 3. Van Basten 4. Hierro
04. Paolo Di Canio:- Louis Van Gaal - 1. Rijkaard 2. Rivaldo 3. Guardiola 4. Ribéry
08. Balu/PedroMendez:- Béla Guttmann - 1. Bozsik 2. Puskás 3. C. Maldini 4. Grosics
12. Edgar Allan Pillow:- Fabio Capello - 1. P. Maldini 2. Nedved 3. Redondo 4. Desailly
14. DanNistelrooy:- Carlo Ancelotti - 1. C. Ronaldo 2. Nesta 3. Pirlo 4. Gattuso
15. Annahnomoss:- Vanderlei Luxemburgo - 1. Zidane 2. Cafu 3. R. Carlos 4. 13. Romario
16. Crappycraperson:- Rinus Michels - 1. Migueli 2. Cruyff 3. Neeskens 4.

@Annahnomoss

I thought maybe one of the Latteks would pick Kohler to screw with the Traps and Lippi. Kohler was still damn good late in his career at Dortmund.

I thought maybe one of the Latteks would pick Kohler to screw with the Traps and Lippi. Kohler was still damn good late in his career at Dortmund.
Yeah. Couldn't really risk him going back up. It was hard enough to do that with Brehme.

14. DanNistelrooy:- Carlo Ancelotti - 1. C. Ronaldo 2. Nesta 3. Pirlo 4. Gattuso
15. Annahnomoss:- Vanderlei Luxemburgo - 1. Zidane 2. Cafu 3. R. Carlos 4. Raul 5. 13. Romario
16. Crappycraperson:- Rinus Michels - 1. Migueli 2. Cruyff 3. Neeskens 4. 5.

@crappycraperson

I really should have picked another manager and not Pep. Boring as feck for me, this. :|

There are some tasty partnerships here but for me, Cantona and RVN are basically just perfect for one another.

Should be brilliant - yes.

I'm more and more into the two-striker combo thing these days. A second striker, in other words. Cantona is pretty much the epitome of that role - a striker, with excellent finishing, who is also a creative, elegant, forceful, talismanic...giant on the pitch. Put someone in front of such a player - in the box - and presto.

You need nine players more, I suppose - but that's nitpicking.

15. Annahnomoss:- Vanderlei Luxemburgo - 1. Zidane 2. Cafu 3. R. Carlos 4. Raul 5. 13. Romario
16. Crappycraperson:- Rinus Michels - 1. Migueli 2. Cruyff 3. Neeskens 4. Krol 5. Asensi

@Annahnomoss

Last edited:
It is 1998, January the 1st and Vanderlei Luxemburgo is appointed as the new manager of Corinthians. It is the lead up to the World Cup and everybody and their dogs ;) are trying to find the perfect form leading up to it to increase their chances of being picked for their national teams. Carlos Gamarra who always had issues with keeping his peak form consistently for long periods of time had just failed his first out of three attempts to move to a top club in Europe - and moved back to Corinthians in 1998.

Gamarra hit a raging peak and lead his Corinthians to win the Brazilian league. His form continued in the 1998 World Cup where he was absolutely immense and he was again picked up by a big European club in Atletico - Vanderlei himself was awarded by taking over the Brazilian National team. Gamarra is incredibly highly rated in history and as a defender even though his peak was incredibly short lived at club level.

15. Annahnomoss:- Vanderlei Luxemburgo - 1. Zidane 2. Cafu 3. R. Carlos 4. Raul 5. Gamarra 13. Romario
16. Crappycraperson:- Rinus Michels - 1. Migueli 2. Cruyff 3. Neeskens 4. 5. Krol 6. Asensi