Man United appoint Moyes | Round, Woods, Lumsden, P Neville in; Giggs player/coach; Albert stays

There are so many Moyes threads that I wont start a new one, but what might Moyes' Everton have looked like if he never had to sell any of his players?

I can think of some decent players he had to sell (Lescott, Arteta, Rooney.. Cahill?)

I'd imagine it would be quite decent.. Anyone want a bash at it?

he he

article-2323053-19BA71F0000005DC-282_634x514.jpg

There are so many Moyes threads that I wont start a new one, but what might Moyes' Everton have looked like if he never had to sell any of his players?

I can think of some decent players he had to sell (Lescott, Arteta, Rooney.. Cahill?)

I'd imagine it would be quite decent.. Anyone want a bash at it?

-----------Martyn-----------
Neville--Jags----Lescott---Baines
-------Fellaini--Graveson----------
Arteta------------------Pienaar
------------Rooney------------
------------Jelavic------------

-----------Martyn-----------
Neville--Jags----Lescott---Baines
-------Fellaini--Graveson----------
Arteta------------------Pienaar
------------Rooney------------
------------Jelavic------------

Arteta was their LW playmaker.

I reckon he'll do the domestic treble at some point, possibly just knock it out the park first season.

In fact, I am gonna have a tenner on that.

Gravesen was long gone before Fellaini came along. Rodwell may be a better fit, there, even if only based on early promise.

Howard's a better keeper, too.

does anyone know how many premiership points moyes has since he took over at everton, compared to other premier league clubs over the same period? i think there are only 3 or 4 clubs with more points including us of course.

:lol:

In other news. David Moyes' first competitive game as Manchester United manager will be against Wigan Athletic.

:lol:

It's a great chance to get of to a good start! Even though it is just the Community Shield it would be a nice boost to lift the shield at Wembley.

People criticise Mancini for completely underestimating Wigan yet everyone seems to think Moyes has an easy first game in charge, and that victory is a given.

I wouldn't say it was easy. But it is a fantastic chance to win a trophy in his first game. Especially if you consider Wigan may be relegated and may have sold their best players by then. And it's not like Moyes is going to play anything less than his strongest XI.

If United don't win it then it would show very bad early signs.

I wouldn't say it was easy. But it is a fantastic chance to win a trophy in his first game. Especially if you consider Wigan may be relegated and may have sold their best players by then. And it's not like Moyes is going to play anything less than his strongest XI.

No it wouldn't. Just as if we win, it won't be an indicator that everything's rosy in the garden.

The Community Shield is a glorified friendly.

People criticise Mancini for completely underestimating Wigan yet everyone seems to think Moyes has an easy first game in charge, and that victory is a given.

Based on what I've read about Moyes he won't make the mistake of taking any opponent easily.

No it wouldn't!

I'm not saying it is an "easy" game, but it will certainly provide a lesser test than a Derby against City? And on form, we will win it.

Very bad early sign?

That's exactly the short term thinking plaguing football.

D'you remember losing the Shield game 3-0 in 1998 and everyone proclaiming it the start of the Arsenal Era? :lol:

There was a point where winning the Shield was almost seen as a curse it had so little correlation to eventual League form.

I've noticed almost every player, football people and most journalists think Moyes is a great appointment. The most reservations have been on the forums.

I've noticed almost every player, football people and most journalists think Moyes is a great appointment. The most reservations have been on the forums.

I think so too, even though I've been against it in the past.

I can imagine people however refusing to give him any credit for any success he may have and instead saying he's inherited a great team and that it's still Sir Alex's side. We've seen examples of it on here over the years.

We always moan that we need more and better British coaches across all levels of football. Showing that they have a chance of getting the very top jobs (as opposed to simply hitting a ceiling above which expensive foreigners are brought in again and again) sends a very positive message to British coaches and those thinking of joining their ranks.

Fans want winners with track records, it's natural.

When we signed Ronaldo, when some didn't know who he was (or the potential he had) it was scandalous that we weren't able to sign Ronaldinho to fill Beckham's boots, and whilst Ronaldo had 3 mixed seasons before establishing himself it turns out we probably made the best signing we could have.

So for people to say Moyes wasn't their first choice, it's just a natural reaction from any fan. Not only that but it'll take success for most to fully take to him, but like a broken record, once he takes over he does deserve our respect as manager and he does deserve our support. If you feel he owes you something, you're just a ridiculous person.

I've actually been thinking about that and I think it's an inevitable reaction. People will always look for reasons to validate things. Had Mourinho been appointed the rhetoric would have been "he's a winner, he's done it all, right person to continue the success, has great experience etc..." With Moyes it's stability, continuity and youth. A reason to validate the appointment whoever it is will always be found. Had Mourinho been appointed fans on forums would be expressing concern, not with his record of success (as is he case with Moyes) but mainly his conduct.

I've actually been thinking about that and I think it's an inevitable reaction. People will always look for reasons to validate things. Had Mourinho been appointed the rhetoric would have been "he's a winner, he's done it all, right person to continue the success, has great experience etc..." With Moyes it's stability, continuity and youth. A reason to validate the appointment whoever it is will always be found. Had Mourinho been appointed fans on forums would be expressing concern, not with his record of success (as is he case with Moyes) but mainly his conduct.

Fair points...

I was wanting Klopp to take over initially. However, after listening to, and reading informed comments over the week I would say it seems the way forward. Only time will tell which side of the argument is proved correct.

Fair points...

I was wanting Klopp to take over initially. However, after listening to, and reading informed comments over the week I would say it seems the way forward. Only time will tell which side of the argument is proved correct.

I was the same re Klopp initially but we've appointed Moyes the vast majority of our fans will back him 100% and hopefully in time even the doubters will be happy if they're proved wrong because that will ulimately mean success for the club.

So if we lose our first competitive match against a championship wigan with our strongest XI that would be a good sign? I worded it too strongly due to being in a rush but it wouldn't fill the masses with hope. Im not even including myself in this personally. Just the United fans

We always moan that we need more and better British coaches across all levels of football. Showing that they have a chance of getting the very top jobs (as opposed to simply hitting a ceiling above which expensive foreigners are brought in again and again) sends a very positive message to British coaches and those thinking of joining their ranks.

Which is why the media reaction seems to be a bit more generous this time around.