Man City's inevitable Treble

I'd love it if inter and us can somehow ruin their treble story, oh how sweet would that be after all the wanking in the media. Sadly can't see it happening though :(

Settle the 115 charges first before talking about treble. They cheat like Lance Armstrong, pure and simple.

Man Utd is the only team achieved the treble playing by the rules.

Watching the Chelsea game now and it hurts. hurts because if it wasn’t for the vile cretins the Glazers then we would have been nearer than what we are now (miles away), we have been hamstrung every season because of those parasitic bastards!!!!! Listen I know we all have our opinions on who we want as the next owners, but for me the Qataris are the only option, Cit’s are only where they are because of the oil money, no one had heard of them prior to that. As soon as people can see the investment and the project, I am 100% certain that most big names will opt for United again. City should be nowhere near treble as a plastic club.

Watching the Chelsea game now and it hurts. hurts because if it wasn’t for the vile cretins the Glazers then we would have been nearer than what we are now (miles away), we have been hamstrung every season because of those parasitic bastards!!!!! Listen I know we all have our opinions on who we want as the next owners, but for me the Qataris are the only option, Cit’s are only where they are because of the oil money, no one had heard of them prior to that. As soon as people can see the investment and the project, I am 100% certain that most big names will opt for United again. City should be nowhere near treble as a plastic club.
We have also spent foolishly

Yes the Glazers have taken money out of the club but perhaps the even more egregious thing they have done is allow the club to be run into the ground. Few clubs anywhere in the world have been more poorly run than Manchester United since they took over. So much money has been wasted on utter dross and that, more than anything else, is why we are where we are today.

I was obviously wumming but on a more serious note, I fully agree with you. Still think the only solution to this is a salary cap and I was a bit surprised that Ceferin publicly saying that they are working on it and the support for it is almost universal didn't receive more attention in here. If City really pays its players beneath the table this won't help, obviously, but it probably makes the whole practice even shadier. It is probably the best solution we have. albeit not perfect.
It would be a step in the right direction for sure. Obviously as a United fan I want us to win, but not if it's just because we have an unfair advantage over the rest of our rivals.

The success under SAF was special because, despite what rival fans would have you believe, we beat teams that outspent us by trusting in youth and developing players, but if we were state funded and were able to buy every trophy it would feel so hollow.

The PL has too much money and the likes of City and Chelsea paying ridiculous amounts for players from other teams in the league only exacerbates that. The money the mid table teams receive means now we have plenty of players plying their trade for mid table PL teams collecting huge pay checks instead of playing in the CL for bigger clubs from smaller nations. It just doesn't seem right that most of the teams in the PL would probably win the Scottish, Danish or Belgian leagues pretty easily. It's not good for the health of the game on a continental level and also directly affects the English players lower down the football pyramid.

Show this to the players. Hope they find some fire in them to prevent it.

I hope our players (and Inter's) see this. The media have pretty much decided that City have won it and there fans are naturally confident it will happen

Spirit of '77 for our players :drool:

I also find the assumption in certain media quarters (and from I’ve seen online from quite a few fans - I’ve seen ‘older’ City fans that remember losing to York City in the 3rd tier pleading with younger ones to be more humble), that City have already won the treble to be sort of amusing and sort of annoying at the time.

Writing off a team that is going to finish in the top 4, and has already won a domestic trophy at Wembley this season (beating another team that is going to finish in the top 4 in the final), in a one off final, that happen to be cross city rivals to boot, seems ridiculous.

I also find the assumption in certain media quarters (and from I’ve seen online from quite a few fans - I’ve seen ‘older’ City fans that remember losing to York City in the 3rd tier pleading with younger ones to be more humble), that City have already won the treble to be sort of amusing and sort of annoying at the time.

Writing off a team that is going to finish in the top 4, and has already won a domestic trophy at Wembley this season (beating another team that is going to finish in the top 4 in the final), in a one off final, that happen to be cross city rivals to boot, seems ridiculous.

Whilst I agree a one off game in a cup final is always up for grabs, it's hard not to think realstically.

We are looking likely to finish top 4 and we have won a trophy this season true, but our level compared to City's is so far off it's laughable at the minute.

City are in imperious form, all of their players are on it, which makes a huge difference. They've just won the league having won from behind on a long run of victories. They've just destroyed Real Madrid to reach the CL final. They beat us 6-3 without really trying early doors.

Meanwhile we look completely dead. We're playing terribly, none of our players are in form, none are on it, we just need the season to finish. We've got noone to cover for our first XI who are all completely shagged. Add in the fact that EtH has zero clue how to set up for a game that isn't at Old Trafford and we've been comprehensively tonked by all and sundry away from home this season and it's really hard to see a path to victory.

We know what we'll have to do. If we win there's only one way the game will go. Sit tight and compact, defend for our lives, hope DDG has a blinder and hope we can be absolutely as clinical as possible on the counter. No mistakes for 90 (or 120) minutes and maybe we win.

It's a lot, lot more likely that City win at a canter right now and when we lose, we lose big so it could be embarassing. In a cup final scenario maybe it'll be tighter but they've battered teams in FA Cup Finals before so...

We were. But guess when i started supporting United? 1995. The trebel help cemented my affection

In 10 years time 20-30 demographics would lean on City due to their success.

Just like I didnt follow Liverpool despite them being the biggest English club circa 80s

True enough, and you meet a lot of generation x who support Liverpool for the same reason.

They'll play the under 18s in the last 2 games. Under 21s in the cup final. Strongest XI against Inter

So they can play substitutes and still beat Chelsea. They are either too good or Chelsea too bad.

Second string included former PFA Player of the Year Mahrez, former PFA Young Player of the Year Foden, and World Cup winning starting striker Alvarez. Incredible depth.
I mean of course those 3 are great players that I'm pretty sure would be starters in most clubs. However, the rest of the names I don't even recognize their faces except for Laporte who I only know because he plays in the Spanish National team. A club who just spent 600 million should be able to beat them.

Didn’t Fergie say the treble would never be done again?I hope he’s right.

Since we did it, Inter, Bayern (twice) and Barca (twice) have all done it. It's getting increasingly common as club football becomes less competitive.

This is pretty much the most certain treble since peak Barca.

If they do it then it will be a great achievement.

All the talk about is it better or worse than ours is crap, the two contexts are barely the same, City got more points in the league, United existed at a time where the gap between bottom and top wasn't quite so huge, with a smaller squad. The starting XI's on paper would make for some fecking game. Maybe in a different timeline we will be lucky enough to see it.

It all just feels a bit meh, like even the berts aren't even bothered about winning the league... Town was flat all weekend even after Arsenal confirmed it on Saturday... The treble might be a bit different though, I've already planned to be out of the country for the champions league final and likely parade :boring:

Today, I've stumbled upon yet another comparison between their squad and our Treble-winning team. I'm sick of it. I just want us to beat them, even if we achieve it with the tactics even Mourinho will consider as "ugly" after the game.

The preservation of our unique history is in our own hands. We better turn up and defend it.

Was speaking to a city fan the other day, apparently our treble was easier. It was only a two team league in 99, and Europe was easier to win.

I just said Bayern, Barca, inter, Juve.

Fa cup Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal.

And we beat an Arsenal team in the league that had, Seaman, Adams, Viera, Overmars, Bergkamp etc.

We really need to beat these lot next week, otherwise we will never hear the end of it.

Second string included former PFA Player of the Year Mahrez, former PFA Young Player of the Year Foden, and World Cup winning starting striker Alvarez. Incredible depth.

Ortega, Rico Lewis, Phillips, Cole Palmer, Gomez. Incredible depth? How many of those players would walk into a top 6 team?

I see Guillem Balague has said that this side is better than Guardiola’s Barcelona :lol:

Hard disagree. Messi alone was a question with no answer for most of Guardiola’s period there. And as good as De Bruyne is, Xavi and Iniesta?! Come on. Madness.

I see Guillem Balague has said that this side is better than Guardiola’s Barcelona :lol:

Hard disagree. Messi alone was a question with no answer for most of Guardiola’s period there. And as good as De Bruyne is, Xavi and Iniesta?! Come on. Madness.

The current City side isnt even Pep's best City side and couldnt even beat Everton, Brentford, or Fulham at home.

Pep's Barca were better.

The current City side isnt even Pep's best City side and couldnt even beat Everton, Brentford, or Fulham at home.

Pep's Barca were better.

Yeah, Pep's Barcelona were untouchable for a few seasons. This City side is terrific but nowhere near that level of elite.

What I would say though is Pep is more central to this team's success than Barcelona's. That Barca side was primed to dominate when he came in, this City has been crafted in him image for years.

Yeah, Pep's Barcelona were untouchable for a few seasons. This City side is terrific but nowhere near that level of elite.

What I would say though is Pep is more central to this team's success than Barcelona's. That Barca side was primed to dominate when he came in, this City has been crafted in him image for years.

Don't know. Messi was an injury prone super talent that was under bad influence from Ronaldinho's party lifestyle, Xavi and Iniesta very good midfielders but not on the level they displayed under Guardiola. Busquets and Pique weren't established either. I'd argue he shaped his Barca players while he brought in many finished products for City