Man City's inevitable Treble

Its expected really but worlds apart, class of 92 vs financial doping
Sums it up. Would enjoy it if Inter somehow won but not too fussed if the inevitable happens. It obviously doesn't mean as much when it's a state sponsored sportswashing project.

It's looking very much on, but I still have confidence Inter will give them a game of it.

Tbh City's treble has been coming since 18/19, it was always a matter of when and not if.

It's looking very much on, but I still have confidence Inter will give them a game of it.

If City play like today, Inter have a good chance. But lets see, they need to turn up though. City were nothing special, and in one game at a neutral venue are beatable.

If City play like today, Inter have a good chance. But lets see, they need to turn up though. City were nothing special, and in one game at a neutral venue are beatable.
Agreed.
Lukaku our only hope.
Not sure if serious because well, this is Rom we're talking about :lol: but he has got a good partnership with Sanchez going. I think Sanchez and Barella will be key for Inter.

Yeah no stopping these cnuts now, although will always be tainted with their cheating.

There’s absolutely no way that Inter wil stop them, and I’m fuming!!!! When we won the treble it was with real funds earned by the club, unlike this absolute fraud of a team. They wouldn't and should t be anywhere near their level of success, it wasn’t tolerated with Juve or Rangers and this shower of crooked shit should be no different, had this been united there would be absolute outrage and we all know it. Yet it seems to be glossed over by the footballing community. Yet the first sign that an oil state wants united and everyone is up in arms about it, one thug is for certain, we need Qatar and their backing to put us on an even keel, and I guarantee that the big names would rather come to united over City without the Glazers and real backing.

They're the best team. It is what it is. All we can hope for is that we get new ambitious owners so we can compete with them

Congratulations to them and all that.. but we all know without financial doping they’d still be that insignificant little club yo-yoing between the premier league and league one.

24 years. Class of 92. No academy player starting. Oil money. Only the 2nd English team to do it. Cheats. 115.
That’s all.

Tbh City's treble has been coming since 18/19, it was always a matter of when and not if.
Agreed, it was always coming. We hoped we'd have ourselves sorted in time but Ole's tenure really pushed us back, only have ourselves to blame.

Congratulations to them and all that.. but we all know without financial doping they’d still be that insignificant little club yo-yoing between the premier league and league one.
The problem is the media and all of the ill informed supporters in football will see City and Pep as the best team and mgr the PL has ever produced. History wise today’s match was one of the biggest in the last 20 years or so since united won the treble.

Said it in the match thread also but they looked fairly average and they've lost the momentum they had right after the Madrid game. I think Inter can win this, honestly.

Doesn’t really matter that much does it? Records come and go. Once upon a time we were the only English team to have won the European Cup. So the life of a supporter becomes a year after year hope and pray that a rival doesn’t accomplish something we did. Honestly after the past however many years of us being average to shite, and all we’ve done as a support group is hope and pray either Liverpool or City don’t win x trophy, I’m fecking tired of it. All that really matters to me now is that we build ourselves back up.

Said it in the match thread also but they looked fairly average and they've lost the momentum they had right after the Madrid game. I think Inter can win this, honestly.
I think our team shape generally stifled them a fair bit although they had a great chance to go 2-0 up immediately after their first goal with that Rodri header.

What might be interesting is that Inter play with two out and out strikers to occupy their centre backs. There's been some crazy underestimating of Martinez on here who after a shite World cup is playing really well. If he gets the right service he will cause problems.

There’s absolutely no way that Inter wil stop them, and I’m fuming!!!! When we won the treble it was with real funds earned by the club, unlike this absolute fraud of a team. They wouldn't and should t be anywhere near their level of success, it wasn’t tolerated with Juve or Rangers and this shower of crooked shit should be no different, had this been united there would be absolute outrage and we all know it. Yet it seems to be glossed over by the footballing community. Yet the first sign that an oil state wants united and everyone is up in arms about it, one thug is for certain, we need Qatar and their backing to put us on an even keel, and I guarantee that the big names would rather come to united over City without the Glazers and real backing.
I wouldn’t say it’s glossed over by the community. It’s massively glossed over by the media though which is infuriating, although they probably can’t mention it until something happens.

Feels so annoying they so far ahead of us. Our real hope next year is Arsenal or Liverpool stopping them. Thus I may end having to support Liverpool getting the league title as Arsenal will bottle it.

Haven't Man Utd out spent City in the last 5 years and last 10 years? Doesn't sound to me like you need more money, rather better management.

For people that watch Italian football; are Inter better equipped to beat City than United were?

No, they are not better equipped. I’d have given AC Milan and specially Napoli better odds at surprising City... Although Milan’s defending can be quite catastrophic at times and would spoil any advantages that the pace of Leao& Theo gives them. (What we saw happen to Bayern)

Inter are better than us at getting the ball out under pressure (mostly due to Onana being a decent sweeper keeper), but they don’t have Fernandez passes and they don’t have enough pace on their counter attacking.

People comparing Inter to Real Madrid are quite unfamiliar with the 2… Real can still make 80 points… Inter just finished their season on 72 points (3d in Serie A). With that total they’d be at best fourth in most leagues.. We gathered 75 points in a tougher league.

No, they are not better equipped. I’d have given AC Milan and specially Napoli better odds at surprising City... Although Milan’s defending can be quite catastrophic at times and would spoil any advantages that the pace of Leao& Theo gives them. (What we saw happen to Bayern)

Inter are better than us at getting the ball out under pressure (mostly due to Onana being a decent sweeper keeper), but they don’t have Fernandez passes and they don’t have enough pace on their counter attacking.

People comparing Inter to Real Madrid are quite unfamiliar with the 2… Real can still make 80 points… Inter just finished their season on 72 points (3d in Serie A). With that total they’d be at best fourth in most leagues.. We gathered 75 points in a tougher league.

I see, well, thank you for explaining.

Let's hope they're up to the occasion and at least hard to beat. It's a shame they're no good on the counter though, as I though that's where City looked vulnerable at times.

Forza Inter!

Nobody has really challenged them season and not in a way that they are invincible but the standard has dropped, Liverpool were miles off the pace, Chelsea have self destructed, united are on a rebuild after the mess of last season, their only challengers were serial bottlers arsenal who bottled top 4 last season and bottled the league this season.

Then there is the champions league, it's been weak, Bayern aren't the same without Lewandowski and had managerial issues, age has caught up with real madrid side and deceived q lot of people with their victory over a really poor liverpool side that didn't wake up until the last two months of the season, now city face inter Milan in the final, how easy can you get, when was the last time a final looked this one sided?

In the fa cup city faced a weak arsenal side, then they faced us who are far from the finished article and with 2 or 3 first team players missing whilst city literally had a full strength squad to choose from

For people that watch Italian football; are Inter better equipped to beat City than United were?
They're good at parking the bus. If they can hold until second half City might start to get nervous. However, if something like what happened to United today happens I see a historical embarrasament taking place.

And with that, I’ve just lost any remaining semblance of hope that I had.

I don't know how good Inter are to be fair, if they're our level or worse then City likely won't even have to play well.

But generally I agree City were off it today compared to their best, they made more unforced errors in possession, we were able to get out our half plenty, we had enough transitions to cause them problems our attack was just too shit to take advantage, they didn't create many clear chances.

If City display the level they did in the 1st half against Madrid for example, no one has a chance. If they play like they did today, they could be in trouble as I assume Inter won't have a keeper like ours who simply watches the ball trickle into his net every time City have a shot.

Up to Lukaku, Henrik, and Darmian. I don't fancy their chances, if I'm being honest.
The names are why it's hard for me to imagine Inter getting anything despite me not knowing anything about how they play or how good they are. When you see how many PL rejects they have, and some of the names I feel like they should be 40 years old by now I can't believe they're still going.

The names are why it's hard for me to imagine Inter getting anything despite me not knowing anything about how they play or how good they are. When you see how many PL rejects they have, and some of the names I feel like they should be 40 years old by now I can't believe they're still going.
They also do have the likes of Martinez, Barella, and Dumfries. These are some pretty damn good players.

It's going to have to be a very good defensive and tactical performance from them and i'm hoping someone will tell me they're capable of that :lol: . I am actually intrigued to see if playing two strikers up against City's centre backs will make any difference.

Inter won't play as well as United did relatively and City will probably turn it up a notch vs them in the final.

Their tactical set-up will probably play into City's hand. They'll get constantly outnumbered in midfield. I just don't seem them causing many problems. Guessing an easy 2-0 or even 3-0 victory.

We were the last hope and we did better than Real did and what will Inter will do.

I don't know how good Inter are to be fair, if they're our level or worse then City likely won't even have to play well.

But generally I agree City were off it today compared to their best, they made more unforced errors in possession, we were able to get out our half plenty, we had enough transitions to cause them problems our attack was just too shit to take advantage, they didn't create many clear chances.

If City display the level they did in the 1st half against Madrid for example, no one has a chance. If they play like they did today, they could be in trouble as I assume Inter won't have a keeper like ours who simply watches the ball trickle into his net every time City have a shot.
Inter were really poor for the large part of the season but they've turned it around in the past few months and honestly, this is a one off match. Inter would not beat City in a league campaign but in a cup knockout match at a neutral venue? Anything can happen. Again, I don't think Inter would have beaten (but would have competed well) against the City version that beat Madrid but they seem to have lost momentum a bit with all the resting players and having won the League early and I do believe Inter are in far better form right now than the United team which really shouldn't have lost today. I think Inter will surprise people but I do agree that they may lack a bit of pace on the counter if they do go with Lauturo and Dzeko as they are likely to.

Agreed. They'd do it next year or the year after if not this one. It's only Pep who's stopped them from doing it before by malfunctioning the the champions league.

Haven't Man Utd out spent City in the last 5 years and last 10 years? Doesn't sound to me like you need more money, rather better management.

That's true but United just throw money at the squad occasionally and are focused on making money. City are solely focused on football and spend a load on everything: training, scouting, wages etc. because they never have to worry about making the money.

We were the first to do it....nobody really remembers who came second :lol: