Man City's inevitable Treble

Well, it's up to us. We must spoil that party. It will be insufferable enough seeing them win the CL, dont need the treble being done as well.

fecking celebrating like they've won it. Hope inter do them with a dodgy var decision

If we don’t lose by 3 goals I’d be shocked.
If we don't lose by more than three it will have to be considered a good result. Let's hope they'll have one eye on the CL final and ease off once 2-3 up.

Feel City might go on a CL run now of around 3 in 5 years if Pep stays

They are an absolute machine. How the feck does one stop this team.

One of the most dominant displays today ever seen someone pull over Real. Respect where it's due. They have players comfortable on the ball all over the pitch.

There is nothing inter nor united can do to stop this city machine.
I'm still interested in seeing what the tactical approach from United and Inter might be. Wouldn't be averse to some Ole-ball tactics :drool:

I have two thoughts on City. They’ve obviously cheated financially, according to a specific set of rules, put in place to protect big clubs. I don’t buy the argument that United should be allowed to have a sugar daddy but City can’t. It’s either allowed or it isn’t for all. That said it was obscene in terms of the spending to get to this point, and we’ve effectively driven our club off a cliff trying to keep up with it (very badly).

My other thought is that what they’re doing on the pitch is so impressive. It’s unmatchable at times. Of course in a cup competition anything can happen, and has in previous champions league campaigns. But overall, Pep and the brains at City have created something we’ve rarely seen before. It would be so interesting to see him at a smaller team with a limited budget.

They're going to win the league with 2 matches to spare.

I can't see Inter posing a serious threat in the final, they don't have a single player that could get into City's best eleven.

They are going to absolutely run us over in the F.A. Cup. I hate to say it but I think they'll have us put away by halftime.

Treble truly does seem inevitable now.

15 goals this season for alvarez playing second fiddle to haaland. Almost as much as rashford. If only we could find value in the market like that effectively.

If we don't lose by more than three it will have to be considered a good result. Let's hope they'll have one eye on the CL final and ease off once 2-3 up.

Pep will probably have Haaland and De Bruyne etc on bench resting for the CL final and have to play the likes of Mahrez, Alvarez and Foden instead. Just an embarrassment of riches.

It is deflating to see their current level.

At this point the rest of the PL just has to hope Pep fecks off soon plus maybe some key players lose motivation or age/injuries catch up to them. Football is cyclical but the cycles can be long or short.

If they remain even close to this level for the next couple years nobody is going to beat them to the title. I don't care who United or Arsenal or Liverpool buy in the market this summer, none of those sides is going to hit this level.
Yup. The prem is heading towards some barren years I fear. I don’t think pep will leave anytime soon. He knows the competition right now is supremely weak not just in England but in Europe and it’s a chance to sweep up more. Disappointed in chelsea tbh. They didn’t really kick on after winning the Cl in 2021. Liverpool will lose Klopp in the next two years. We’re a completely lost cause and won’t be competitive anytime soon. I hope your mob get some good business done this summer. You’re the best hope right now to stop the prem basically becoming the Bundesliga.

It'll all go to shit when Pep goes and maybe them winning the treble will see him walk. After all, he could manage anywhere on the planet. Every cloud...

This is just the start of CLs for city, more domination to follow.

It'll all go to shit when Pep goes and maybe them winning the treble will see him walk. After all, he could manage anywhere on the planet. Every cloud...

He won't go, the money is too good and city are the best team in the world right now. Where else can he go?

It's annoying but it still just doesn't feel legit. Like they are cheats. Meh

Pep some coach. Had to tweak something in the middle of season to try and improve their play and pushing Stones in to a midfield postion has worked wonders. Him and Rodri just casually controlling midfield in all their games.

All this money, all these fraudulent finances, 115 charges just to only equal something we did 24 years ago :lol: With an incredibly easier final in comparison as well. Took them long enough.

.....Also worth noting Liverpool were two games away from history last season and didn't make it. Football can be like that sometimes.

As good as Liverpool were a couple of seasons ago, they were not at this level.
That treble for City looks nailed on.
I'd love nothing better than Utd causing an upset and beating them in the FA Cup final, but I can see a record breaking win against us.

z

Be surprised if their aggregated scores from the two finals are less than a 6 goal swing their way.

Even if Haaland doesn't score or is marked out, they have too many clever players to stop.

I'm sure they will want to avoid the club spiralling into irrellevance once Pep leaves so will have a solid plan in place to replace him. They've got the resources to unearth or recruit the next Pep without issue and I'm sure they'd have been planning this for years now.

fecking celebrating like they've won it. Hope inter do them with a dodgy var decision
Inter did the same last night.
After what happened last season when City blew a good advantage against Real more than once you can't blame the players for relishing their revenge.

City have done one thing (assuming they win the treble), that no other English club have done in the Premier League era : they have dominated the league and Europe at the same time.
What we are witnessing here is domination. SAF always said one of the marks of a great team is you have to dominate in Europe as well as your own league.
I didn’t feel we ever dominated Europe. We won yes, but it was always tough. City are just destroying teams at the moment and this has never been done. Which is annoying and impressive in equal measure, cheating aside of course.

I have two thoughts on City. They’ve obviously cheated financially, according to a specific set of rules, put in place to protect big clubs. I don’t buy the argument that United should be allowed to have a sugar daddy but City can’t. It’s either allowed or it isn’t for all. That said it was obscene in terms of the spending to get to this point, and we’ve effectively driven our club off a cliff trying to keep up with it (very badly).

My other thought is that what they’re doing on the pitch is so impressive. It’s unmatchable at times. Of course in a cup competition anything can happen, and has in previous champions league campaigns. But overall, Pep and the brains at City have created something we’ve rarely seen before. It would be so interesting to see him at a smaller team with a limited budget.
So a can't beat em, join em race to the bottom style approach. I mean I'm increasingly on board at this point. Football feels broken beyond the point of repair anyway.

The CL and FA cup finals this year will be absolute slaughters. I expect record wins in both finals ☹️

This has been coming and will really be the crowning moment for modern football. Imagine Nathan Jones' Southampton stopped them winning a quadruple. And history will always remember Man Utd as the only non-cheating team to win a trophy this season.

All the resting stuff means nothing. It’s only an advantage if the next game is already 3/4 days later. But here I believe they will have 1 week rest after the last PL game and then again 1 week after the FA Cup final. That’s enough. Pep won’t rest anyone. Actually he will play his strongest team in the FA Cup final and probably even in the last 2 league games in order not to lose match sharpness.

People saying it will be domination in the finals. It won't happen as they are finals and on neutral venues.

They’re starting to look more formidable than the Barca side that there was no answer to.

Yeah they're winning the CL. Even if Guardiola goes galaxy brain and decides to field only 10 men for it they're winning anyways. The level of confidence, hunger and focus they showed tonight were terrifying

FA cup final is one week before CL so maybe they won't be quite this up for that?