Man City's inevitable Treble

To be fair, lack of confidence amongst fans is understandable when City have already spanked 6 past us before having mercy and taking their foot off the gas. Also, let’s not forget we had some very dubious lucky moments to at Old Trafford.

Proper fans should never admit defeat before a ball has been kicked, everyone doubted Ole yet his Man Utd beat Pep's City more times than they beat us.

I can guarentee if we do lose the people who have already admitted defeat will be on the match day thread critisising the players for not winning.

Thanks for the replies guys. Bloody Southampton of all teams :lol: Pep/Kompany are probably regretting now why they didn’t start their strongest team.

Proper fans should never admit defeat before a ball has been kicked, everyone doubted Ole yet his Man Utd beat Pep's City more times than they beat us.

I can guarentee if we do lose the people who have already admitted defeat will be on the match day thread critisising the players for not winning.
Having blind confidence is different to being realistic. I’m not one admitting defeat, I have hope we have a good day and they have a bad day. But being a realist, if they play as well as they have done in recent months there is no stopping them.

The players on the pitch do the job, so fair play to them. But the club is a disgrace and the lack of pushing from the media on the charges is madness. If this was United, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea, or even Liverpool the media would be tearing them apart. There is almost never bad press about City, even when news of the charges broke the media was almost apologetic for reporting it. There are some dissenting voices, but the corruption City wrote to achieve their success should be the sports story of the moment and of the year. I will repeat, the players are doing their job and the team is fantastic. Pep is an excellent coach (although his hands are surely dirty too), so on the football front, they are tearing it up. A treble or even quadruple has always been just a matter of time because they cheated, have unlimited funds, and fair play, they got everything right in terms of structure, etc.

And so, it may fall to United to stop it. I wish I had any confidence in the bottle of the United players to turn up and actually challenge City for the cup. As it stands, I expect a comfortable 2-0 or 3-0 routine win for City.

I feel deflated, I probably don't really care that City are going to win all these trophies, but at the same time I feel angry. Angry that a team that probably cheated financially, is allowed to pretend that they have done nothing wrong and achieve success this way. The world reeks of corruption. I hate it, I know it is reality etc2, but it is just very sad that we are in the situation we are in now i.e. those with the most money can do whatever they want in this world (and this is not just limited to football, look around you), and no one says anything because everyone wants money. Sad, sad times.

Their only obstacle to it has been swept aside with ease. They'll do this now. And they'll destroy us at Wembley to do so.

I feel deflated, I probably don't really care that City are going to win all these trophies, but at the same time I feel angry. Angry that a team that probably cheated financially, is allowed to pretend that they have done nothing wrong and achieve success this way. The world reeks of corruption. I hate it, I know it is reality etc2, but it is just very sad that we are in the situation we are in now i.e. those with the most money can do whatever they want in this world (and this is not just limited to football, look around you), and no one says anything because everyone wants money. Sad, sad times.

Ah well eh? Never mind

They can wrap up the title next week, then have enough time between games to rest players. They will be fresh for the FA cup final then have 7 day rest for the CL final.

What I recall from Utds treble season was nothing like this. It was a big game every 3 days. Plenty of injuries, suspensions and replays to deal with. The FA cup final was 4 days before the CL final.

Sometimes I wonder, how the Feck did we pull it off.

Inter have a 5% chance against City. United have a good chance, probably like 30% if we set up to counter like we did under Ole. If Ten Haag plays how we've played against big teams usually this season? It's game over.

Well it's up to United to stop it now. I have faith that we could if we are at our best but it's going to be extremely difficult.

It is deflating to see their current level.

At this point the rest of the PL just has to hope Pep fecks off soon plus maybe some key players lose motivation or age/injuries catch up to them. Football is cyclical but the cycles can be long or short.

If they remain even close to this level for the next couple years nobody is going to beat them to the title. I don't care who United or Arsenal or Liverpool buy in the market this summer, none of those sides is going to hit this level.

Accept it and move on. Just like we had to when they won their first ever title.

Our lads will be up for the final!
I hope their attitude is better than last year at Anfield when all the talk in the press was about United stopping Liverpool's quadruple. Maguire's comments before the match were just infuriating at the time.

It is deflating to see their current level.

At this point the rest of the PL just has to hope Pep fecks off soon plus maybe some key players lose motivation or age/injuries catch up to them. Football is cyclical but the cycles can be long or short.

If they remain even close to this level for the next couple years nobody is going to beat them to the title. I don't care who United or Arsenal or Liverpool buy in the market this summer, none of those sides is going to hit this level.
Yep. It’s all Pep. He’s just another fecking level. No other coach gets them to this level.

Inter will give them a better game than Madrid

Feels inevitable once Arsenal bottled the league. They’ve dominated the PL over the last 6 years & adding Haaland to their squad was just ridiculous. As long as Pep is there, they’ll continue to dominate.

Starting Eriksen against these lot in the FA cup final will be insane

What are the premier league doing with these charges??? Hurry up. PLEASE.

Has there ever been a team as good as them when it comes to the end of the season runs? So many times it feels like in November they look a bit off the pace and then from April onwards they go on a mad charge and sweep up.

Will pep decide to call it a day once he wins the CL?

I didn't watch the game tonight but surely Inter and United will approach the games in a very different way to Madrid who, quite rightly, will feel closer to City in quality (perhaps not justified by tonight's result but by the players at least). Hopefully both teams will make a real fight of it and tactically it will be a different sort of match.

Also worth noting Liverpool were two games away from history last season and didn't make it. Football can be like that sometimes.

I didn't watch the game tonight but surely Inter and United will approach the games in a very different way to Madrid who, quite rightly, will feel closer to City in quality (perhaps not justified by tonight's result but by the players at least). Hopefully both teams will make a real fight of it and tactically it will be a different sort of match.

Also worth noting Liverpool were two games away from history last season and didn't make it. Football can be like that sometimes.

There is nothing inter nor united can do to stop this city machine.