Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understood your point. I was just disagreeing with a part of it in that Rashford didn't do better than a Lukaku in terrible form for most of the season.

Additionally, positions are irrelevant here because Rashford had more shots per game than Lukaku. Looking at just the league, Rashford had 49 shots inside the box whereas Lukaku had 52. Not a massive difference.

Since I didn't say that Rashford did better, I'm not sure who you are disagreeing with. And again the point isn't about comparing Lukaku to Rashford, I answered a question about which striker we should bring if Lukaku was sold and I said that I would bring a wide forward instead.

I’d sell Rashford too. Start again up front because we are absolute garbage whichever permeation we play.

Since I didn't say that Rashford did better, I'm not sure who you are disagreeing with. And again the point isn't about comparing Lukaku to Rashford, I answered a question about which striker we should bring if Lukaku was sold and I said that I would bring a wide forward instead.
Fair enough. Not a point worth arguing. I know you didn't say Rashford was better btw.

We need a complete overhaul up top. Not one player that can be relied upon to produce when required.

That’s what I meant, sorry.

Also what was he wrong about? It's very well know and Lukaku himself admitted that he put on so much weight/muscle for some odd reason (so he lacked fitness) and he gave interview saying how much he likes Serie A and Inter and wants to sign for them. His agent also said same thing about how Lukaku wants to move to Serie A.

Just compare Lukaku from 2017-18 to 2018-19, it's so obvious how much he bulked, which had impact on his fitness.

Also what was he wrong about? It's very well know and Lukaku himself admitted that he put on so much weight/muscle for some odd reason (so he lacked fitness) and he gave interview saying how much he likes Serie A and Inter and wants to sign for them. His agent also said same thing about how Lukaku wants to move to Serie A.

Just compare Lukaku from 2017-18 to 2018-19, it's so obvious how much he bulked, which had impact on his fitness.

That he never had the attitude or application to play for United. He just isn't going to be second choice in his prime years when he could be playing CL football at Inter.

I cannot work out why Inter would want to pay in excess of 60mil for a player who traps a ball further then he can pass it and goes missing as soon as he comes up against a decent defence.

That he never had the attitude or application to play for United. He just isn't going to be second choice in his prime years when he could be playing CL football at Inter.

Yeah, I disagree with that part.

I think it would be a huge error not replacing Lukaku with a proper #9.

Since Fergie's last summer our attacking options has dwindled. Going over transfers you can say we never replaced the likes of Rooney, Chicharito, Berbatov or Owen.
Trimming down on strikers would in a way make sense when going from two upfront to one. But we haven't increased our numbers elsewhere to compensate for it. If we were to sell Lukaku without replacing him with atleast 1 striker, I can see us scoring even less goals next year.

So is he gone yet?
I really want to keep him unless we have someone better lined up. Which we don't.

There's been rumours of Yedder and Aubameyang. I wouldn't be so sure of us not having a striker lined up.

Greenwood himself might turn out to be better than "no first touch" Lukaku.

Came back to begin training 3 days early and reportedly was working out in LA on holiday as well. Think that kind of attitude will endear him to OGS and will probably be less inclined to sell unless can really find a top striker that fits in long term.

Came back to begin training 3 days early and reportedly was working out in LA on holiday as well. Think that kind of attitude will endear him to OGS and will probably be less inclined to sell unless can really find a top striker that fits in long term.
Really? Lukaku was posting photos and videos from the US until around Saturday so not sure where your information is from. Maybe I'm wrong though.

If he gets back in proper shape, prepares himself to play in a pressing team and is ready to compete for a first 11 spot, I'll be OK with him staying. But still feel he has been incredibly disrespectful to Ole and the club since March/April with all of his unnecessary comments.

Getting himself fit ready for the new season with the best manager in the world according to Lukaku (Conte, not solskjaer)

Really? Lukaku was posting photos and videos from the US until around Saturday so not sure where your information is from. Maybe I'm wrong though.

If he gets back in proper shape, prepares himself to play in a pressing team and is ready to compete for a first 11 spot, I'll be OK with him staying. But still feel he has been incredibly disrespectful to Ole and the club since March/April with all of his unnecessary comments.

Got it from this story - https://www.espn.com/soccer/manches...aku-back-for-united-training-three-days-early

Seems strange he's come back early unless it's to speak with Ole about a transfer as has been open about wanting to move (from what I can tell via media and his agent).

My dream is that the season will start and we'll see the lean, mean version of Lukaku we saw a few seasons back but I'm not holding my breath.

Seems strange he's come back early unless it's to speak with Ole about a transfer as has been open about wanting to move (from what I can tell via media and his agent).

My dream is that the season will start and we'll see the lean, mean version of Lukaku we saw a few seasons back but I'm not holding my breath.

Looking at the pics from today, it seems like a lot of the players are back and starting with Ole. So if he is going to fight for his place along side the likes of Martial and Rashford, good idea for him to get back in the fray and try stake his claim

So is he gone yet?

There's been rumours of Yedder and Aubameyang. I wouldn't be so sure of us not having a striker lined up.

Greenwood himself might turn out to be better than "no first touch" Lukaku.
Why would the club pay Rashford 200k/wk if he's a bench striker?

Inter shouldn't be meeting his agent, they should be meeting their bank manager, to borrow some money to pay lukaku's bloody fee..!!

Inter shouldn't be meeting his agent, they should be meeting their bank manager, to borrow some money to pay lukaku's bloody fee..!!

Just imagine if he agreed for Inter tonpay his food bill as well has his wages - that might send Inter into administration.

I admire that the club seem adamant that they want Inter to pay up front, also after demanding 50 mil for Persic a few years back they can be made to feel frustrated.

If the Inter deal falls through I really can't see another club wanting him at all. His record for Belgium is fantastic and he's a good striker but he's just not a world class player and not worth this fee (especially on the back of last season). Might be at United for another year or so yet unless Inter are determined.

Inter are just trying to take the piss with their opening offer. We certainly won't take it but I am pretty sure we will meet them somewhere in the middle over the next week or two. Unlike Pogba it seems we really don't want him here anyway so whilst we don't want to get ripped off, particularly by Inter who have tried to gouge us in the past, we are motivated to find a solution because his value is only like to go down whilst he is on the bench.

I admire that the club seem adamant that they want Inter to pay up front, also after demanding 50 mil for Persic a few years back they can be made to feel frustrated.

If the Inter deal falls through I really can't see another club wanting him at all. His record for Belgium is fantastic and he's a good striker but he's just not a world class player and not worth this fee (especially on the back of last season). Might be at United for another year or so yet unless Inter are determined.

Think about it though, Inter are guaranteed to pay that money in 2 years, so unless we are down to our last £58 million as a club (or whatever the final buy is) then it does not really matter that we do not get the money now. It's like if you lost £20, unless that was your last £20 it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Plus we get that donkey's (Lukaku) wages off our books.

If we don't get rid now, then after another poor season at OT, his price will drop even further.

certainly not for the price we are asking either

I think we will do a deal with Inter, but we need to do it quickly. I don’t like the fact our window is closing 3 weeks ahead of the rest of Europe.

I think we will do a deal with Inter, but we need to do it quickly. I don’t like the fact our window is closing 3 weeks ahead of the rest of Europe.

My worry too, 5 weeks Friday it closes. Real also know they can unsettle Pogba and offer us shitty deals all the way to September 2nd, when our season has already kicked off. Maybe a Berbatov style dilemma where they both sits in the stands as they refuse to play or some nonsense trying to force moves.

Last edited:
My worry too, 5 weeks Friday is closes. Real also know they can unsettle Pogba and offer us shitty deals all the way to September 2nd, when our season has already kicked off. Maybe a Berbatov style dilemma where they both sits in the stands as they refuse to play or some nonsense trying to force moves.

We're in a strong position with Pogba as he still has 3 years remaining on his contract.

Madrid would be more worried about missing out on Pogba than us keeping him

I think having Hazard, De Bruyne, Mertens, Carrasaco, Witsel, Tielemans and Dembele also help his scoring record for the national team and also his rivals for the striker role are Origi, Batshuayi and Benteke. If Inter are so desperate for a loan then a mandatory transfer fee then they should pay more so something like £30 million now then £30 million next summer and £30 million in the summer of 2021 seeing as were doing them a favour FFP wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.