Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nani.jpg

:lol:

He isn't injured.

This is the same thing that happened with Pogba.

Fergie's written him off.

Why do you think he's limping then?

And do you think SAF needs to cook up a false injury to freeze out a player?

How did the same thing happen with Pogba?

He isn't injured.

This is the same thing that happened with Pogba.

Fergie's written him off.

Same things were being written about him 3 years ago, same time of the year. 3 years on and he is still here.

Shit news. I was expecting him back for the next game. We've been robbed of some very good players for long enough. It's beyond a joke now.

Same things were being written about him 3 years ago, same time of the year. 3 years on and he is still here.

True. There's been mindless chatter galore with very little evidence.

If football gods truly exist, this is what would happen:

1. Nani recovers from his hammy in time to get us through the festive season and helps lead us to another prem trophy and at least a CL semi appearance.
  2. Nani and United management agree to a new contract, keeping him at Old Trafford for the next 4-5 seasons.
  3. Nani hits -- and maintains -- peak form for 3-4 month runs during those 4-5 seasons.
  4. Nani retires someday as a United legend.
Despite my admiration for Bale, Nani in peak form blows away Bale, so the perfect world would have Nani get his head together and do for United what we all know he's capable of doing. And for many years.

:lol::lol::lol:

Nani on top form does offer much more than Bale. Just recently there hasn't been many days when he's been on top form.

Please explain yourself, funny man.

Mind you, I am the first to concede the Bale's current form blows away Nani's current form, which is that of a man who is either injured or in the manager's doghouse, and thus is nowhere to be found near a football pitch.

But if you took peak form v peak form, can there really be any doubt Nani > Bale? Of course not. The concern I have, which I have stated consistently, is tha Nani is insanely inconsistent. I don't watch Spurs every weekend, but Bale's name keeps turning up on the score sheet, many of his goals being match winners.

The inevitability of it all is a shame.

He'll leave and we won't get close to his value. £12m-£17m when we should be getting closer to £30m given the transfers we have seen of lesser players in the current market.

My take on the situation is that he is a top player who when high on confidence and treated how he thinks he should be treated will put in a real shift and can win games on you. He probably feels he is worth/can get £100,000 - £120,000 on a 4 or 5 year contract while we probably value him at less than that and would rather invest the money in other players.

After all the speculation about his future, I'm surprised the hacks at the press conferences haven't asked Sir Alex directly about Nani's future by now - unless they have been told that's off limits.

If it is a lie then Nani or his agent can just come out and deny it. So either the hamstring injury is that bad or both parties have agreed to quiet things down going into the transfer window. It makes me think that Nani's future has already been decided.

Including the "only God knows" tripe?

I may be getting it wrong but, there were quotes with him away with Portugal that supposedly had him having a go at Ferguson - which lead to he is done here by the journos - and on here and other boards people saying thank goodness. Some even because Obertan had a decent showing I think in that same Wolfsburg game, thought we have an up and coming replacement for him.

Just hope when he is fit, Fergie gives him a run of games, especially with a fully fit team - to me he'll be similar to what Anderson has given us recently in the middle of the park, someone that can go past players and really open up the defenses.

It guess it's Bye-Bye Nani.

I am kind of oblivious to the whole situation. Neither sad nor happy.

Can't see us selling him to Chelsea or why they'd need him. This injury news almost certainly means no January transfer so hopefully Nani can turn things around in the second half of the season.

Can't see us selling him to Chelsea or why they'd need him. This injury news almost certainly means no January transfer so hopefully Nani can turn things around in the second half of the season.

Or it can whoever will buy Nani will do so at a cheaper price than his real value (his contract years taken into account)

Mind you, I am the first to concede the Bale's current form blows away Nani's current form, which is that of a man who is either injured or in the manager's doghouse, and thus is nowhere to be found near a football pitch.

But if you took peak form v peak form, can there really be any doubt Nani > Bale? Of course not. The concern I have, which I have stated consistently, is tha Nani is insanely inconsistent. I don't watch Spurs every weekend, but Bale's name keeps turning up on the score sheet, many of his goals being match winners.

Bale on peak form is just as good if not better. Despite how poor the defending was I don't think Nani could do to Inter whatBale did a few years ago.

You are judging Bales average form against Nani at his absolute peak,

Nani 'blows away' Bale is an exaggeration, there's little in it. I do agree that Nani is the better player though.

Bale on peak form is just as good if not better. Despite how poor the defending was I don't think Nani could do to Inter whatBale did a few years ago.

What Nani did to Bayern Bale could never do.

I hear you. All I'm trying to say is that while its easy to see how good Bale is right now, it's also easy to forget Nani has been for us. I'll stick with my assessment that Nani's peak form is better than Bale's peak form, but because it's been so long since we've seen Nani's peak form it's hard to have any idea what it looks like.

Ok, well I guess I am the only one who found the statement incredulous then. Hence my :lol: faces!

Nani is 26 and I think we've seen his peak form for a period of about 4-5 months. Bale is 23, improving all the time and has produced at the very least a season of peak form already. And this, in a lesser side. That aside, if we take the statement for what it was, Nani at 100% and Bale at 100%, for me it's Bale every day of the week. He's just a better player. There's no shame in that from Nani's perspective because I think Bale is as good a winger as there is out there. He's got more speed, more power, better delivery, better workrate. Where Nani has the edge is in foot skills, but we've rarely seen those make a competitive difference.

None of this is to say that I am slating Nani. Far from it. Always been a staunch defender of his. But I just can't put him in the same bracket as Bale. He hasn't earned it.

I can see Bale going on to become regarded as one of the top ten players in the world if he moves to a big club. I cannot see Nani ever doing the same. I see him producing flashes of form in the future, glimpses of how good he can be, but whatever his individual talents are, he lacks something to bring them all together.

This is the worst post I read this week. Bale to becaome top 10 players., Nani hasn't earned to be in same bracket as bale. :lol:

This is the worst post I read this week. Bale to becaome top 10 players., Nani hasn't earned to be in same bracket as bale. :lol:

I don't see why your mocking that post to be fair.

You also think Nani hasn't earned to be in same bracket as Bale, and that Bale will eventually become top10 players in the world? That Bale is simply better footballer then Nani?

Because it is a pretty stupid post. Nani had a much better season than Bale last season for starters and if anything Nani is all round a better footballer than Bale is currently.

You sir are a deluded fool, as is anybody that thinks Nani is currently an all round better football player than Bale.

Ok, well I guess I am the only one who found the statement incredulous then. Hence my :lol: faces!

Nani is 26 and I think we've seen his peak form for a period of about 4-5 months. Bale is 23, improving all the time and has produced at the very least a season of peak form already. And this, in a lesser side. That aside, if we take the statement for what it was, Nani at 100% and Bale at 100%, for me it's Bale every day of the week. He's just a better player. There's no shame in that from Nani's perspective because I think Bale is as good a winger as there is out there. He's got more speed, more power, better delivery, better workrate. Where Nani has the edge is in foot skills, but we've rarely seen those make a competitive difference.

None of this is to say that I am slating Nani. Far from it. Always been a staunch defender of his. But I just can't put him in the same bracket as Bale. He hasn't earned it.

I can see Bale going on to become regarded as one of the top ten players in the world if he moves to a big club. I cannot see Nani ever doing the same. I see him producing flashes of form in the future, glimpses of how good he can be, but whatever his individual talents are, he lacks something to bring them all together.

Let's try to break this down is a more rational way.

We all agree Nani has been virtually nonexistent this season, for whatever reason. We also agree, I trust, that Bale has been on fire this season. Based on current form, it's Bale over Nani all the way. For me, this is not even close to being debatable.

My view is that Nani has performed brilliantly for us in the past, though it's hit and miss stuff, which is my complaint with Nani. Bale has been brilliant too, but he's also inconsistent, though less so than Nani.

If both players were available on equal terms I'd go with Bale, but a white hot Nani is more lethal than a white hot Bale. Problem is, we just haven't seen a white Nani for a very long time, which is why you're forgetting how incredible he can be. But I'm tired of waiting for Nani to get his head right and if Fergie says he hasn't earned a 120k/week contract, that's good enough for me.

This is where it falls down, Nani is already at a big club.

Wum? Surely? :lol:

Why? Bale is one of the leagues top players, as much as I dislike the guy he is an exceptional player that has been linked with some of the top clubs in mainland Europe. Nani is a squad player...a squad player that has struggled to nail down a first team role for a while now.

So lets get this right . I'm a WUM because I think Bale is a better all round player than Nani. Who's the real WUM?

I'll get shouted down by the fanboys as being a neanderthal, illiterate, clueless, wind up merchant, yet most impartial footy observers would agree with me IMHO.

Just by reading some of this discussion, what I cannot grasp is the fact that many on here argue that Bale has already achieved more than Nani; that Bale is more worthy of being labelled a world class player than Nani. All of that is nonsense. Nani has done more in his career than Bale has, no doubt. Playing for a bigger club can sometimes help a player, but sometimes not - Valencia vs Berbatov really.

Bale has been better this season, but Nani has hardly played. Bar this season, it's Nani all the way - oh, and Bale is at least as inconsitent.

Why? Bale is one of the leagues top players, as much as I dislike the guy he is an exceptional player that has been linked with some of the top clubs in mainland Europe. Nani is a squad player...a squad player that has struggled to nail down a first team role for a while now.

So lets get this right . I'm a WUM because I think Bale is a better all round player than Nani. Who's the real WUM?

I'll get shouted down by the fanboys as being a neanderthal, illiterate, clueless, wind up merchant, yet most impartial footy observers would agree with me IMHO.

Which is a shite argument to be fair. That's assuming these "impartial footy observers" don't buy into what the media feeds them........oh wait

Which is a shite argument to be fair. That's assuming these "impartial footy observers" don't buy into what the media feeds them........oh wait

It's a conspiracy then...they all hate Nani. :lol::wenger:

It's a conspiracy then...they all hate Nani. :lol::wenger:

It's just a rubbish argument, mungy.... "most impartial footy observers" well who does that include and how many opinions have you canvassed? If you can present an argument and stand by it without resorting to this kind of "everyone else agrees with me and if you don't you're biased" kind of logic, it is probably a stronger argument for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.