Lucas Moura - (Caf decides he’s naff again) Spurs bound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everyone mentioning the 20m fee? Who started ventilating this transfer value? I highly doubt they would sell for that low.

Chelsea under Mourinho played 4 times against PSG in Champions League.
??? I meant a Mourinho winger should be able to put in a shift defensively not that he scouted the player on YouTube

You do realise there was a stat the other day that he has the most unsuccessful dribbles in all of Europe. He's hardly tearing up trees.
There was also a stat saying over the last 4 seasons he had the most successful......around 370.

MEN reckon it isnt a priority and we have just shown in an interest.-
Moura situation similar to Aurier
Serge Aurier was another player PSG were desperate to get rid of. There was some interest from United around April last year, but even then it was over-stated. United were never going to buy him in the summer, despite one outlet claiming they had agreed terms with the right-back. A transfer that was never going to happen was on the brink of happening, if you believed some wags on Twitter, and PSG eventually succeeded in smoking out an actual buyer. Tottenham put us out of our misery.

United are always a convenient club for the elite to link unwanted players to. Just ask Real Madrid (James Rodriguez).

I have always been a fan of Moura. If nothing else, he provides a threat going forward. He will surely give our attackers good competition and he'll guarantee us a cutting edge on the right wing. Sad that he lost his spot in PSG after Neymar and Mbappe arrived but there are not many players who wouldn't lose their spots in a team that shatters the world record in buying Neymar and Mbappe. If Jose badly wants him and he goes for less than 30 million pounds, then I will argue that it's a damn good piece of business - at least in the short / mid term. We certainly need a bit of more fire power for the CL, FA Cup and top four chase. At times, football can be a strange sport. With the exception of the very best in the game, all a team might need are simply very good players who fit in well. If Moura fits in well, the team will become a lot stronger. And who says buying him will stop us from getting a top signing in the summer? Malcolm is a great talent but people forget that buying him will also be a risk and if we are not getting him, it is likely because either Jose doesn't really fancy him or he is too pricey or he does not want to come to United. As for Bale, I will rather buy a Moura for 30 million than get a Bale for 60-70 million. His injury record is scary!

Moura plus a good, ball playing midfielder will be fine for me this winter transfer window. That could very much guarantee us a top four spot and ensure we have a decent run in the CL. With good purchases in the Summer, I predict we'll be ready to take on City and the rest next season.

Hasn't he got a goal and an assist from like 70 minutes of football this season? Jeez, his average could drop to 90 minutes in the Premier League and I'd still be happy.

Hasn't he got a goal and an assist from like 70 minutes of football this season? Jeez, his average could drop to 90 minutes in the Premier League and I'd still be happy.

TBF though those stats are skewed as he's only played like 70 minutes of football all season.

TBF though those stats are skewed as he's only played like 70 minutes of football all season.

How did I skew the stats? There's plenty of players who would have lesser stats than that for having been restricted to 70 minutes of football. It was slightly tongue in cheek to suggest that is an average he'd maintain, but there was no skewing of the stats.

Samuel Luckhurst with more garbage in my opinion. He eludes to Aurier, suggesting it was PSG smoking them out to buy him and falsify an interest from us. It's blatant spurs would have brought him in regardless. They'd just lost Walker.

Can't disagree with Luckhurst, it's seemed right from the start we are being used to up interest or prices.

??? I meant a Mourinho winger should be able to put in a shift defensively not that he scouted the player on YouTube

I know.

My point is Mourinho know extremely well the PSG players for diverse reasons, one of these reasons he did analyse PSG in depth without using Youtube because of these 4 champions league games between Chelsea and PSG.

Jose is buying him so when he takes over at PSG he's not got to get rid of him.

And seeing as we don't offer any threat from the right wing without Valencia, anyone who has the ability to beat a man and put a cross in should be considered a good buy.

I've just read that United wants a loan or an acquisition for 15 millions of euros. PSG wants 40 millions.

Possible that negotiations have started. Maybe, just a rumour based on the imagination of a journalist.

The article is in French and the source seems to be The Independent but unsure.

I've just read that United wants a loan or an acquisition for 15 millions of euros. PSG wants 40 millions.

Possible that negotiations have started. Maybe, just a rumour based on the imagination of a journalist.

The article is in French and the source seems to be The Independent but unsure.
Yeah Delaney wrote that article in the Independent. He's not reliable imo and would be just quoting random prices.

Lol..... the rumors went from Moura to Sanchez pretty quickly. Sometimes I feel that our PR team puts these rumors out there to appease/ wind up fans when it actuality we won't get anyone.

I keep wondering why we're not actively seeking out Mahrez. Ready made for the Prem, and for our empty right wing slot. Back to form as well! Anyway, what do I know?

If we can get Moura and Sanchez in this window, it'll be almost like winning the lottery. I honestly believe that Moura is still a terrific player. He's been out of the team because of Neymar, Di Maria, Cavani and Mbappe. A change in management would easily work wonders for him. Sanchez to play just behind Lukaku and Moura running riot on the right side would basically add another dimension in which we attack. Like someone on the caf said, we don't attack on the right at all. We might as well rent out that side of the field to earn more money. Jokes apart, Pogba, Sanchez and Lukaku could be the integral spine of the team in attack. And if we can pull of Ozil in the summer for free, we would finally move on from playing desperate football with Fellaini.

Lucas Moura has confirmed that he'll be leaving this month. Sanchez to United deal is practically done. If he didn't come to United, it would be completely out of the blue. On the other hand, Lucas Moura is set to leave and the only places that he's been linked to has been Nantes (loan) which Raneiri dismissed, Spurs and United. If Spurts nab him, it would be a great piece of business for them. It would hard to believe that we would get both Sanchez and Moura unless Moura signs on loan with the possible future transfer which could work as well. We could possibly go to playing 3-5-2 where Lucas Moura would be a RWB but that seems highly unlikely. Pretty interesting window thus far.

If we can get Moura and Sanchez in this window, it'll be almost like winning the lottery. I honestly believe that Moura is still a terrific player. He's been out of the team because of Neymar, Di Maria, Cavani and Mbappe. A change in management would easily work wonders for him. Sanchez to play just behind Lukaku and Moura running riot on the right side would basically add another dimension in which we attack. Like someone on the caf said, we don't attack on the right at all. We might as well rent out that side of the field to earn more money. Jokes apart, Pogba, Sanchez and Lukaku could be the integral spine of the team in attack. And if we can pull of Ozil in the summer for free, we would finally move on from playing desperate football with Fellaini.

I completely agree regarding Lucas and bolded part was my ideal scenario for upgrading our attacking force for a relatively low cost. Sanchez and Lucas in January for a combined fee of 50m maybe then Özil in July on a free :drool: The upside of this is that we can immediately have 2 players who can play in our barren RW position and are not cup-tied in CL too. The PL is more or less gone now but we should do everything we can to win the FA Cup and have a go at CL when no one is looking like unbeatable this year. Then we can focus on CM and fullback positions in the summer with our money.

I know, I was thinking it's weird that he is even on the bench, but Neymar was out due to injury. They made 2 substitutions and Lucas was left unused.
The prevailing winds suggest that PSG were using our name to drum up interest james rodriguez style and that we were never actually in for him. There does seem to be a distinct lack of new media stories/tweets which would suggest that could be the case. Personally I could see him here. Think he's a decent player.

If we are getting Sanchez then I really can't see us getting him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.