Television Lost: The Final Season

Wasn't at the time, but I've grown to appreciate the last season and finale more as the years have passed. I remember being most dissapointed with Across the Sea (Jacob origin story) but now I kind of think that's one of the better.

The final season is the weakest still, but a big part of that is the flash sideways which just served as a tool for keeping audiences guessing of what happened in the end of season five.
I liked Jacobs origin story but also think some of the last season stuff, like that new batch of people in the temple felt like it came out of nowhere.
I thought the finale was a fun episode, but also agree with your part about the flash sideways stuff. I think ive said this a few times in this thread already ,but t really felt like the directors had originally thought lets do purgatory, fans guessed it and they thought, shit, lets not do purgatory cos they guessed it, but instead lets make the sideways stuff purgatory for the final season....

Okay, to be honest I only vaguely remember the flash sideways stuff.

I'm not going to go thru all the unanswered mysteries but Walter's superpowers and all the bearing calculations and math/physics theories went unanswered, right? Those kept me glued to the screen.
The whole Walt thing was obviously not well handled for different reasons but I think the other things you mention are things you can piece together yourself.

Last edited:
I liked Jacobs origin story but also think some of the last season stuff, like that new batch of people in the temple felt like it came out of nowhere.
I thought the finale was a fun episode, but also agree with your part about the flash sideways stuff. I think ive said this a few times in this thread already ,but t really felt like the directors had originally thought lets do purgatory, fans guessed it and they thought, shit, lets not do purgatory cos they guessed it, but instead lets make the sideways stuff purgatory for the final season....
Yeah, I know that's a popular opinion but I don't believe that at all. It's not exactly far fetched to guess purgatory so them changing because someone guessed it feels improbable. The main purpose with the purgatory in the last episode just to keep audiences guessing what happened in season 5 finale. I don't think there's more to it.

Last edited:
Just finished the final episode (again) and I’m now left with that empty feeling again.

feck knows what I’m going to do with my evenings now…(jk as I’ll now go back and watch another classic series like Prison Break, 24 or Dexter).

I seemingly just rewatch old series these days as nothing new really grabs me due to the fact there are very few episodes a year, a good 2 year break between seasons or they get cancelled after a season)

Will wait for “From” to air in full before watching season 3

Just finished the final episode (again) and I’m now left with that empty feeling again.

feck knows what I’m going to do with my evenings now…(jk as I’ll now go back and watch another classic series like Prison Break, 24 or Dexter).

I seemingly just rewatch old series these days as nothing new really grabs me due to the fact there are very few episodes a year, a good 2 year break between seasons or they get cancelled after a season)

Will wait for “From” to air in full before watching season 3

Yeah, me too. I often prefer to go back to the good old rather than trying something new. I'll probably rewatch Criminal Minds next.

That said, a new season of Only Murders in the Building is coming up very soon and I bloody love that show! Only ten eps a season though.

Yeah, me too. I often prefer to go back to the good old rather than trying something new. I'll probably rewatch Criminal Minds next.

That said, a new season of Only Murders in the Building is coming up very soon and I bloody love that show! Only ten eps a season though.
Used to love Criminal Minds, think I stopped on season 12 and never picked it up after that

On Netflix now. Not my first rewatch but bloody hell does the pilot hit different when you know all the characters

If you like "Lost" then watch "From" on Netflix. The series is made by the same person and stars "Michael" from Lost.

Ohhh we love that show too

It wasn’t the same without Hotch. Didn’t the actor do something untowards to get sacked?

Agreed, but still very watchable. The "Evolution" seasons in 4K are spectacular, and since it is not produced for network TV anymore you get the added bonus of Rossi dropping the F-bomb on a regular basis :p

I think Gibson had a physical altercation with one of the writers on set, if I remember correctly.

Just started watching this again. I forgot how cute the pregnant Aussie was. Christ I need a woman.

It's not the purgatory thing that was the issue. It was that they used about a third of the season to use it as a device for people to keep guessing on what happened in the end of season five.
Yeah the scene in the first episode of season 6 where it dramatically shows the island underwater in the 'sideways' is such a ridiculous and nonsensical red herring.