Television Lost: The Final Season

I'm on the constant. I've been rewatching as background tv whilst working but want to dedicate some time for this episode.

I'm on the constant. I've been rewatching as background tv whilst working but want to dedicate some time for this episode.
Its great and worth it imo. Especially watching it a 'second+' time. Desmond/Penny relationship is just fantastic.

Ben said Charlotte was born in 1979 but in one of the episodes we see her as a little girl in 1974. Writers fecked up.

I missed out on this when it was way more popular and just finished it couple of days ago. the ending of 2022. was terrible for me and this, along with the world cup, helped me to endure that.

it's how funny how there are shows and movies you enjoy because they're simply well done regardless of the genre or your mood, like Breaking Bad or Chernobyl. and there are those that actually improve in your eyes the worse you are, because you simply watched them at that point of life when you could almost find yourself in them. for me, this was the case with Lost.

it actually gets lost (yeah) in S5 & S6 and the ending itself was a bit confusing, but at that point, I was already too invested in everything to care that much. despite some of its flaws, in the end it's simply a beautiful, personal show.

I missed out on this when it was way more popular and just finished it couple of days ago. the ending of 2022. was terrible for me and this, along with the world cup, helped me to endure that.

it's how funny how there are shows and movies you enjoy because they're simply well done regardless of the genre or your mood, like Breaking Bad or Chernobyl. and there are those that actually improve in your eyes the worse you are, because you simply watched them at that point of life
when you could almost find yourself in them. for me, this was the case with Lost.

it actually gets lost (yeah) in S5 & S6 and the ending itself was a bit confusing, but at that point, I was already too invested in everything to care that much. despite some of its flaws, in the end it's simply a beautiful, personal show.

Welcome to the club! Hope your 2023 has started better.

it's how funny how there are shows and movies you enjoy because they're simply well done regardless of the genre or your mood, like Breaking Bad or Chernobyl. and there are those that actually improve in your eyes the worse you are, because you simply watched them at that point of life when you could almost find yourself in them. for me, this was the case with Lost.

I think it's a fairly straightforward show if you focus on the characters and their development throughout. Those that really get lost are usually too invested in the island itself that when the story starts diverting from the island they haven't got a clue what's going on.

This is a fun show to watch with reactors on youtube once in a while. So many wild theories from episode to episode. Makes you also appreciate how few filler episodes there are, the sheer amount of plot twists, and how characters are essentially using their experiences from the flashbacks to make decisions on the island.

Started my re-watch after finishing Stranger Things. Even though I’ve seen it about 5 times now all the way through I still love it, it’s like a comfort blanket. I’m still in Season 1 and I’m looking forward to what’s coming.

Started my re-watch after finishing Stranger Things. Even though I’ve seen it about 5 times now all the way through I still love it, it’s like a comfort blanket. I’m still in Season 1 and I’m looking forward to what’s coming.
What's your fave season

I did kind of a re-watch a year ago and:

Best flashbacks - Desmond, Hugo, Locke, mr Eko
Sometimes good, mostly crap - Saywer, Jack
Absolutely no watch - Kate, Sun and Jin, Charlie, Michael, Boone and sister, Claire

there was a lot of skipping, 25 episodes per season was just too much filler

I did kind of a re-watch a year ago and:

Best flashbacks - Desmond, Hugo, Locke, mr Eko
Sometimes good, mostly crap - Saywer, Jack
Absolutely no watch - Kate, Sun and Jin, Charlie, Michael, Boone and sister, Claire

there was a lot of skipping, 25 episodes per season was just too much filler
You forgot Sayed. Who also had the best flashbacks.

My favourite show of all time.
Might be a nostalgia thing as it was my first proper TV show to watch.

Also helps the idea of trying to survive on a deserted Island always appealed to me.

That being said, I have tried sitting and rewatching it again a few times and tend to slowly stop around seeing 3 or 4.

Not that I’m not enjoying it, but just because it’s a huge commitment with all the episodes :lol:

So many good characters

My favourite about this show that no one cared about in 2004 is Sawyer's totally not casual racism. Dude could slot straight into a British 70's/80's sitcom no problem. He and Sayid definitely the best characters though, outside of the too obvious Desmond and Locke, oh and Faraday.

My favourite about this show that no one cared about in 2004 is Sawyer's totally not casual racism. Dude could slot straight into a British 70's/80's sitcom no problem. He and Sayid definitely the best characters though, outside of the too obvious Desmond and Locke, oh and Faraday.
Calling Jin Mr Miyagi, Bruce Lee and Sulu :lol:

The cliffhangers were illegal.

Great great show until the fifth season, on the re-watch the ending and the last two seasons were not as bad to be fair

Still my all time favorite show. Should be due another rewatch soon : drool :

The cliffhangers were illegal.

Great great show until the fifth season, on the re-watch the ending and the last two seasons were not as bad to be fair
On rewatch i didnt even mind season 5. S6 however just seemed like a pisstake on the rewatch knowing what was to come.
I also didnt like those stretch of episodes where jack/sawyer/kate were captured for what felt like an eternity and they mostly focused on them.
But then the whole 'We have to go back' was a shocker.

Are you fine with how the show ended?

This is something I've talked about with other Lost fans. With a show like Lost, it was nigh on impossible to end it in a way that everyone would have been happy with, or even most people.

I would have been happy with what we saw, but the actual last scene to be on the island with Hurley and Ben watching a ship or something approach the island.

Have you seen the bonus scene where they go to get Walt to bring him to the island?

Last edited:
This is something I've talked about with other Lost fans. With a show like Lost, it was nigh on impossible to end it in a way that everyone would have been happy with, or even most people.

I would have been happy with what we saw, but the actual last scene to be on the island with Hurley and Ben watching a ship or something approach the island.

Have you seen the bonus scene where they go to get Walt to bring him to the island?
The bonus scene (with the part about dharma too) should have been part of the show imo

Are you fine with how the show ended?
Wasn't at the time, but I've grown to appreciate the last season and finale more as the years have passed. I remember being most dissapointed with Across the Sea (Jacob origin story) but now I kind of think that's one of the better.

The final season is the weakest still, but a big part of that is the flash sideways which just served as a tool for keeping audiences guessing of what happened in the end of season five.

Wasn't at the time, but I've grown to appreciate the last season and finale more as the years have passed. I remember being most dissapointed with Across the Sea (Jacob origin story) but now I kind of think that's one of the better.

The final season is the weakest still, but a big part of that is the flash sideways which just served as a tool for keeping audiences guessing of what happened in the end of season five.
To me the purgatory part is ok, I'm not religious at all but I'm fine with it. But the most disappointing thing was they had all these cool mysteries going on but basically zero explanations.

Only thing more lazy would have been that the series was somebody's dream.

To me the purgatory part is ok, I'm not religious at all but I'm fine with it. But the most disappointing thing was they had all these cool mysteries going on but basically zero explanations.

Only thing more lazy would have been that the series was somebody's dream.
It's not the purgatory thing that was the issue. It was that they used about a third of the season to use it as a device for people to keep guessing on what happened in the end of season five. The actual ending was fine as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think there were many big mysteries left towards the end, most of the answers are given. If anything, I think some of the answers given weren't needed at all.

It's not the purgatory thing that was the issue. It was that they used about a third of the season to use it as a device for people to keep guessing on what happened in the end of season five. The actual ending was fine as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think there were many big mysteries left towards the end, most of the answers are given. If anything, I think some of the answers given weren't needed at all.
Okay, to be honest I only vaguely remember the flash sideways stuff.

I'm not going to go thru all the unanswered mysteries but Walter's superpowers and all the bearing calculations and math/physics theories went unanswered, right? Those kept me glued to the screen.