Liverpool 2014/15 | WARNING: Contains strong amounts of Scouse nonsense

Errm... Sturridge says hi.

Sturridge is decent but like I said earlier he linked up really well with Suarez, it will be interesting to see how he does with Remy/Lambert who unlike Suarez are mediocre as feck.

Sturridge is decent but like I said earlier he linked up really well with Suarez, it will be interesting to see how he does with Remy/Lambert who unlike Suarez are mediocre as feck.
Sturridge is better than decent. His form since joining Liverpool is statistically very impressive. Anyone would link up well with Suarez but that doesn't mean Sturridge needs him. In fact, it was Sturridge who ensured Liverpool had such a strong start last season in Suarez's absence. He was the league's top scorer by the time Suarez returned.

Didn't Remy score 14 goals for Newcastle in 27 games, bearing in mind they were average last season. For £8m you don't think he is good value, especially playing in a better team?

Lambert is a good squad player, £4m pretty sound value also.

Don't forget it's not easy to replace Suarez, not exactly lots of options. What the manager can do is improve the squad, creativity & goal scoring options to reduce or try and replace the loss of a world class player.

Just out of interest, who do you reckon that will be?

A proper goal scorer or someone to play across the front 3? There isn't that many high profile signings available.

Either.

I think it could end up being an Ozil-like situation - late in the window where the player has no other offers. Maybe someone like Isco/Griezmann.

Remy is alright for a squad player in a top 4 team and for £8m you can't complain, my point was that you just lost a world class player maybe you should try and buy somebody a bit better than Remy/Lambert. If you set up like last season you rely on scoring plenty of goals, something I can't see either Remy or Lambert getting.

Remy is alright for a squad player in a top 4 team and for £8m you can't complain, my point was that you just lost a world class player maybe you should try and buy somebody a bit better than Remy/Lambert. If you set up like last season you rely on scoring plenty of goals, something I can't see either Remy or Lambert getting.

I think they'll probably try to tighten up at the back a bit since they're in a position where they could probably afford score 20 less goals than last season and they'd have still had a fairly good goals return. If they improve defensively, they can lose some of their goals from last season and not have to be too concerned.

With Suarez gone Rodgers, ironically, can now revert to his favoured 4-3-3 set-up which could never truly do while accommodating Suarez and Sturridge.

As for replacing Suarez with Remy, I think a wait until the end of the window is needed before conclusions about transfer strategy are reached.

Is there even any world class players Liverpool could realistically sign?

I mean United aren't in a position to talk however at least the squad has that level of quality in 3 players, Liverpool have the grand total of zero at the moment.

With Suarez gone Rodgers, ironically, can now revert to his favoured 4-3-3 set-up which could never truly do while accommodating Suarez and Sturridge.

As for replacing Suarez with Remy, I think a wait until the end of the window is needed before conclusions about transfer strategy are reached.
If you are reverting to that formation, you don't need a replacement for Suarez. Sturridge. Then Remy. Then Lambert.

Is there even any world class players Liverpool could realistically sign?

I mean United aren't in a position to talk however at least the squad has that level of quality in 3 players, Liverpool have the grand total of zero at the moment.

I am not sure we can replace Suarez like for like, but build a better squad with more creativity and goal scoring options.
You saying United have 3 world class players?

Not worried by them. They seem to be willing to buy quite a few players at the level of quality that's pretty much squad-player having lost their best player in the last 20 years and with a Steven Gerrard who is now a year older.

I really thought they'd hold off signing players almost for the sake of it, but go after 2 or 3 top top players.

Prediction: 5th place.

If you are reverting to that formation, you don't need a replacement for Suarez. Sturridge. Then Remy. Then Lambert.
Agree. But replacing Suarez isn't just about his position. It's also about his role and status in the team. Suarez money can be used to get a significant name in.

Agree. But replacing Suarez isn't just about his position. It's also about his role and status in the team. Suarez money can be used to get a significant name in.
Theoretically, sure. Although I am not sure where 'pool require a huge name at this stage. Winger or central defender, maybe?

Not worried by them. They seem to be willing to buy quite a few players at the level of quality that's pretty much squad-player having lost their best player in the last 20 years and with a Steven Gerrard who is now a year older.

I really thought they'd hold off signing players almost for the sake of it, but go after 2 or 3 top top players.

Prediction: 5th place.
For pretty much all of last season members of this website were constantly declaring the Liverpool squad to be more shallow than a paddling pool. Rodgers has gone out and strengthened his options and grown the squad. His dealings haven't been a response to Suarez leaving. His dealings are a response to more games coming up this coming season.

If the Borini deal goes through Liverpool will have £90m to spend over and above the £60m Rodgers was given to spend.

I am not sure we can replace Suarez like for like, but build a better squad with more creativity and goal scoring options.
You saying United have 3 world class players?

Around that level of quality in 3 players, yes.

And if you plan on building a better squad with more creativity and goals then you should change your transfer strategy, thus far the squad is weaker than with Suarez in it. That could change but it will require at the absolute minimum 1 but preferably two or three signings such as Khedira or di Maria.

A club like Dortmund have done well but even they had some very good players such as Lewandowski, Reus, Goetze, Gundogan and Hummels.

In my opinion, Rodgers' doesn't have anybody on that level.

Who would say currently are your top three players?

Might sound daft but we see him as Sterling mark2, could easily follow the same path.

Jordan Rossiter is the one that springs to mind. He came on against Preston today, only 17 and looks a real prospect.

We haven't had a decent wide man since Barnes, but in a couple of years we could have Wilson, Sterling, Ibe and Markovic as our options.

We haven't had a decent wide man since Barnes, but in a couple of years we could have Wilson, Sterling, Ibe and Markovic as our options.
McManaman wasn't too bad on the wing if I rightfully remember ;), haven't seen any of this Markovic fella to have an opinion tbh

now that Borini has rejected a move to Sunderland, what next for him?
A move abroad perhaps and will they get that amount?

Who would say currently are your top three players?

In order of importance and ability: Sturridge, Sterling and Gerrard. Not counting the ones we're bringing in because we haven't seen them play in a red shirt yet.

Who are Utd's top 3? RvP, Mata, ???

In order of importance and ability: Sturridge, Sterling and Gerrard. Not counting the ones we're bringing in because we haven't seen them play in a red shirt yet.

In terms of ability RVP, Mata and Rooney are the top players.

Importance to the team will vary depending on Louis van Gaal's tactics since a player like Strootman was as key as RVP and Robben in his netherlands side prior to his injury but his ability was not on that level.

For all we know De Gea might show himself to be a world class sweeper keeper, Jones a top ball playing centre back, Januzaj an excellent winger or even Kagawa could excel due to the similarities between his skill set and what I think van Gaal demands. Thus I can't answer who the three most important players will be until I see the tactics.

Liverpool's three players don't worry me, I doubt they worry many opposition fans actually.

Liverpool's best chance seems to be Louis van Gaal making shocking mistakes (very possible) that see United fall behind early although I do think it's more likely he will get it right from the start.

1. DDG, only Neuer is better than him in the world in his position.
2. Mata, only Silva and Iniesta are better than him in the world in his position.
3. Rooney/RVP depending on who becomes the first choice, if we play two strikers or a second striker I guess both of them are equally important.

Liverpool will be tough to beat next season because Rogers is a good fit for them and they have a really decent side now. Saying that though, I still think they will finish outside of the top four. They will miss Suarez and his goals too much it's as simple as that, just like we did when Ronaldo left and Bale left Spurs.

To have a player who can get you that many goals a season is massive and even though Sturridge is a very good player and will get them plenty of goals it won't be enough. Remy is a good signing though but I just can't see that Liverpool team finishing above United again, not by the time we have finished bringing players in.

In terms of ability RVP, Mata and Rooney are the top players.

Importance to the team will vary depending on Louis van Gaal's tactics since a player like Strootman was as key as RVP and Robben in his netherlands side prior to his injury but his ability was not on that level.

For all we know De Gea might show himself to be a world class sweeper keeper, Jones a top ball playing centre back, Januzaj an excellent winger or even Kagawa could excel due to the similarities between his skill set and what I think van Gaal demands. Thus I can't answer who the three most important players will be until I see the tactics.

Liverpool's three players don't worry me, I doubt they worry many opposition fans actually.

Liverpool's best chance seems to be Louis van Gaal making shocking mistakes (very possible) that see United fall behind early although I do think it's more likely he will get it right from the start.

Sterling may not worry fans but he sure frightens a lot of defences.

2. Mata, only Silva and Iniesta are better than him in the world in his position.
3. Rooney/RVP depending on who becomes the first choice, if we play two strikers or a second striker I guess both of them are equally important.

DDG any reason why he isn't Spain's number 1 then?
Mata third best player in the world in his position, blimey. I think you overrate him.
If he was that good he wouldn't have been warming Chelsea's bench.

So Can got injured? Not that it matters because he is average just like the rest of that team

Minor calf strain. You seen a lot of him then have you?
To call us average the way you lot performed last season is slightly odd.

DDG any reason why he isn't Spain's number 1 then?
Mata third best player in the world in his position, blimey. I think you overrate him.

Because Del Bosque trusted the old guard which included Casillas who was terrible. The goalkeeper who benched Casillas at Real two seasons in a row wasn't picked, whereas Casillas was.

Which AM's in the world do you think are better than Mata was for Chelsea when he was their central attacking midfielder?

The Mata of 2012/13 was up there but he's slipped back considerably in the past 12 months. He didn't impress after signing for United. As for global comparisons regarding creative midfielders, Ribery, Ozil, Rakitic are arguably better.

If Spain have the best three creative players in the world in 2014 then that side massively underperformed in the summer.