Let's all laugh at England

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can relate to you, english people. Had to watch Argentina win the title here yesterday.

I think you can still be positive in regards to the 2022 World Cup. The players will have one more season of experience (given their youth) and by that point, the improvement may be massive.

Of course other countries will improve aswell, but this is still England's best generation in quite a couple of years.

I can relate to you, english people. Had to watch Argentina win the title here yesterday.

I think you can still be positive in regards to the 2022 World Cup. The players will have one more season of experience (given their youth) and by that point, the improvement may be massive.

Of course other countries will improve aswell, but this is still England's best generation in quite a couple of years.

That's fair and quite considerate really. The only problem is I can relate to Argentina so I'm actually laughing at you.

:lol: England :lol: Brazil

A fan (who supports their local team) finding it odd that other fans support a foreign (and conveniently successful) team while simultaneously hating the country that the aforementioned team plays in.

I find it a weird mentality. :confused:
Most of the people who support England hate United. I just reverse that. It lines up pretty well

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The fact that you think your club is in a "drought" this past decade says it all, ffs.

If these people you accuse to be glory hunters were actually glory hunters then they'd have jumped ship by now to city,psg,madrid.

Your not even a utd fan, your just here to grind your shit.

I read 'the England fans who are' as in those who are like that rather than all are like that. They also mentioned subsets of fans earlier which gives credence to that interpretation but I can see the ambiguity.
He's says English fans are very commonly racist.
I'm sorry that's bullshit, and is a sweeping generalisation.

Well, seems like the English fans can only dish it out. Act like babies when they get
Yea and I laughed at Wales too. I’m not sure what your point is?
There’s obviously a significant difference between that and the tirade of threads and arguments that have ensued since England got through to the semies.

We (other home nations) revel in your misery as you did in ours.
Only thing is it seems like the English can only give it out and not take it.

Your salty tears taste sweet.

Cry more.

Your team isn’t bringing anything home but sore arses.

Its 55 years and counting.

You’re right, all the unfunny England fans made too many threads. They can cry about it now for all I care
Thanks for proving my point.

Well, seems like the English fans can only dish it out. Act like babies when they get

We (other home nations) revel in your misery as you did in ours.
Only thing is it seems like the English can only give it out and not take it.

Your salty tears taste sweet.

Cry more.

Your team isn’t bringing anything home but sore arses.

Its 55 years and counting.
:lol: Are you 12?

So if United had 0 English players… then who would you support?
I would still support them as I love the club but I am not going to do cartwheels if any country gets beaten in a final.
If someone does not like a particular country then why support a club that comes from that country???
We are talking about the World game here and people are spoilt for choice to find a club that is in a country that they like or even not dislike to support.

If these people you accuse to be glory hunters were actually glory hunters then they'd have jumped ship by now to city,psg,madrid.

Your not even a utd fan, your just here to grind your shit.

His team is only succesful because foreign owners came in with loads of money and bought a team of (largely foreign players) to win the league with a foreign manager...do you think he sees the irony about supporting a local team full of foreign influence???

I would still support them as I love the club
Kinda makes you wonder why…

(see how that works?)
If someone does not like a particular country then why support a club that comes from that country???
What about Scots who support United because of Busby, Fergie, Fletcher, etc?

Or Irish who do because of the likes of Irwin and Keane?

Or French who do because of Cantona and Evra?

Your argument makes 0 sense

But then go and support Manchester United. Weird that isn't it?
I don’t know why you’re so sensitive to the fact that not all United fans want England to succeed, I’m United fan, born and raised in Manchester yet despite wanting our players to do well, i couldn’t stand the sight of England winning the tournament. And that’s coming from someone who’s travelled abroad to watch England at international tournaments. Me personally, I stopped supporting England when they dropped Rio from the squad to recall John Terry who had been found guilty of racially abusing Anton Ferdinand. Like it or not, there’s plenty to dislike about the National team and it’s fans so it should hardly be surprising that many take joy in seeing them fail.

I'm not sure why I have to say this but Man United isn't the British Empire.
The Brits aren't the only bastards in relatively recent history, Portugal and Spain had a real good go at the Americas, the French and Germans aren't exactly saints. Belgium are right up there too.
Honourable mention for the ottomans and Russia.

I would still support them as I love the club but I am not going to do cartwheels if any country gets beaten in a final.
We are talking about the World game here and people are spoilt for choice to find a club that is in a country that they like or even not dislike to support.
Not liking the national team doesn’t equate to not liking the country. As someone who’s English myself, it’s pretty easy to separate the 2.

Imagine still supporting England when the fans were burning effigies of David Beckham and allowing racist players to play over United ones.

I thought all fans understood that United was bigger than anything. Look at these gems/sayings/chants over the years;

66 was a great year for English football...Cantona was born
Classic 'ARGENTINA ARGENTINA ARGENTINA' chant, my personal fave :lol:
"He winks on the left, he winks on the right, that boy Ronaldo makes England look shite"
Stuff the rest, we love you Becks

etc etc.

Chill out.

I don’t know why you’re so sensitive to the fact that not all United fans want England to succeed, I’m United fan, born and raised in Manchester yet despite wanting our players to do well, i couldn’t stand the sight of England winning the tournament. And that’s coming from someone who’s travelled abroad to watch England at international tournaments. Me personally, I stopped supporting England when they dropped Rio from the squad to recall John Terry who had been found guilty of racially abusing Anton Ferdinand. Like it or not, there’s plenty to dislike about the National team and it’s fans so it should hardly be surprising that many take joy in seeing them fail.

If you dont support england then you cannot be a fan of any english club. I reckon you should try supporting madrid, barca or psg. But don't forget to support the national team also.

I thought all fans understood that United was bigger than anything. Look at these gems/sayings/chants over the years;

66 was a great year for English football...Cantona was born
Classic 'ARGENTINA ARGENTINA ARGENTINA' chant, my personal fave :lol:
"He winks on the left, he winks on the right, that boy Ronaldo makes England look shite"
Stuff the rest, we love you Becks

etc etc.

Chill out.

All these chants were made up foreigners, yep those bloody glory hunting foreigners at it again.

The Brits aren't the only bastards in relatively recent history, Portugal and Spain had a real good go at the Americas, the French and Germans aren't exactly saints. Belgium are right up there too.
Honourable mention for the ottomans and Russia.

So instead of taking onboard what I've said you give me some whataboutery about some other countries that did some things elsewhere because of course you did.

If you dont support england then you cannot be a fan of any english club. I reckon you should try supporting madrid, barca or psg. But don't forget to support the national team also.
Shit, you’re right. I think I’ll pick PSG and France, they have nice kits.

Hahaha its our time to dish it out and your time to take it ;)
Mate that’s all good. I have no issues with England/Scotland/Ireland/Wales banter but if you can’t see the hilarity of the bitterness on here over England making one measly final. I mean you’ve had people posting essays on England’s colonisation hundreds of years ago, brexit etc. People blabbering on about incidents from 1998, getting into an almighty strop over booing of anthems. Thread after thread full of bickering.
If this was a club side someone would have reigned it in and gone “lads, you’re all getting a bit weird now”…

And racially abusing them online right now

Look at this guy. Presumably he was asleep when Tuanzebe and co were being racially abused online by “United fans”

Kinda makes you wonder why…

(see how that works?)

What about Scots who support United because of Busby, Fergie, Fletcher, etc?

Or Irish who do because of the likes of Irwin and Keane?

Or French who do because of Cantona and Evra?

Your argument makes 0 sense
So the French don't anymore then???
I would imaginge the French would lean more towards Arsenal than us anyway.
As I have said...I have no problem with foreigners supporting Utd but we are an English club which has always had a strong core of English players so I wonder why people seem to take delight when England don't do well.
Would you make fun of Rashford and Sancho at a Utd game for missing a penalty for England?

Someone said England are the spurs in a different kit :lol:
On a serious note though - the future looks pretty damn bright for the team. A better manager, more experienced youngsters, the future definitely looks promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.