Leny Yoro | Out for 3 months with a metatarsal injury

His debut was impressive.

It’s refreshing to see a center-back who isn’t afraid to play forward passes rather than constantly opting for sideways or backwards options. He has an impressive passing range and doesn’t dwell on the ball unnecessarily. I love how he dribbles into space with confidence and commands the field. I’m really excited to watch him play regularly.

It's particularly impressive how he directs players around the pitch. For an 18-year-old to join a club as prestigious as Manchester United and confidently instruct his teammates on his debut demonstrates a great deal of self-confidence and potential for future leadership.

His desire to play progressive passes is a fantastic sign. Some players just have that innate talent; it reminds me of when Mainoo first joined the first team. Both are undeniably skilled, and their ability to direct others at just 18 or 19 shows the respect they command from their peers.

Really liking the make up/mentality of this lad from everything I've seen and read since he signed.

Think we got a really good one right before his prime for a change. Just hope we don't rush things too much with him and afford him time to grow and room for error at the beginning.

Very excited about this lad, seems to possess all the confidence and attributes of a top class player.

Utd’s best signing in a long time. Wish him all the best.

Very excited about this lad, seems to possess all the confidence and attributes of a top class player.

Utd’s best signing in a long time. Wish him all the best.

Just a shame we couldn't follow up with midfielder of that same level of potential isn't it

Why are we not thanking UEFA for the ban slapped on us forTodibo, that's how we got the graceful player

Why are we not thanking UEFA for the ban slapped on us forTodibo, that's how we got the graceful player
As much as I rate Yoro, and think he'll be a very good player for us, Todibo's reported price is about half what we ended up paying so we maybe could've signed the next player by now had we been allowed to get the much cheaper option.

I think Yoro has a higher ceiling, long term, but I'd be just as happy with Todibo and say, Ugarte, in the squad by now. Though hopefully we'll eventually end up with the extra signings that we need by the end of the window and, if we do, I'd rather have Yoro than Todibo.

Just a shame we couldn't follow up with midfielder of that same level of potential isn't it
Do we not already have one of those? You're not suggesting we should go into a season with an 18 year old centre back and not one, but two kids in centre midfield in front of him, surely?

Do we not already have one of those? You're not suggesting we should go into a season with an 18 year old centre back and not one, but two kids in centre midfield in front of him, surely?

I wanted to go into it with Neves as he was a great fit, alas that isn't happening so need to find another player under 25 who has similar profile. Getting it back on topic who do you think will partner Leny against Arsenal on Sunday morning?

I wanted to go into it with Neves as he was a great fit, alas that isn't happening so need to find another player under 25 who has similar profile. Getting it back on topic who do you think will partner Leny against Arsenal on Sunday morning?
My main concern with Neves (great player as he will be) is you're missing an awful lot of height centrally with Kobbie/Neves/Martinez/Yoro. Don't get me wrong I know all three hold their own but even tiki-taka Barca had two 6 footers in there with Busquets and Pique.

On topic you'd imagine Maguire, if fit.

My main concern with Neves (great player as he will be) is you're missing an awful lot of height centrally with Kobbie/Neves/Martinez/Yoro. Don't get me wrong I know all three hold their own but even tiki-taka Barca had two 6 footers in there with Busquets and Pique.

Who is that tall midfielder with the right profile

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5652363/2024/07/26/leny-yoro-at-lille-and-his-early-life/

“He had the mentality of a defender. He loved defending, he loved intercepting the ball, winning the ball with his head. It is a little bit rare to have both qualities, to have technique and the mentality of a defender.”

“When we started to work with Leny, we saw a lot of potential,” Tiago Leal, Fonseca’s assistant, tells The Athletic. “We didn’t care about his age. We care about his skills. Technically, tactically, mentally, personality, character… he had many things that for his age were not normal.”

“When he made mistakes, what I felt is that he was always stable, and that says a lot about his personality. He was always focused on his work, always trying to improve every day, not dependent on winning, losing, making a goal or not. He was always stable. That’s why he has this level of attention with Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain, clubs like that spotting him. Because it is special at his age.”

As much as I rate Yoro, and think he'll be a very good player for us, Todibo's reported price is about half what we ended up paying so we maybe could've signed the next player by now had we been allowed to get the much cheaper option.

I think Yoro has a higher ceiling, long term, but I'd be just as happy with Todibo and say, Ugarte, in the squad by now. Though hopefully we'll eventually end up with the extra signings that we need by the end of the window and, if we do, I'd rather have Yoro than Todibo.
Not sure if the two scenarios are related. I remember Ornstein saying weeks ago that United saw Yoro as a generational talent, who they would try to sign regardless of other signings and targets.

As well as that, a significant reason for the lack of progress on the Ugarte front seems to be that PSG are demanding €70 million, which would see them make a profit on a player they signed last year and are now trying to offload to finance other signings.

I think the lack of movement over the last week might be more about trying to get the best deals possible / moving to new targets if that's not going to happen, rather than the lack of finances.

Why did you include giant Yoro into that list?

So ETH fears it is a long term injury.

Going to be depressing to see Casemiro line out CB at the start of the season.

So ETH fears it is a long term injury.

Going to be depressing to see Casemiro line out CB at the start of the season.

No he said they will have to wait and see. Some papers have just spun it as "he fears..."

Yup. We need to sign another centre-back now. Sigh.

I keep seeing idiots claim that Yoro didn’t want to go here but Lille forced him to.