Leny Yoro | Out for 3 months with a metatarsal injury

I'm liking the look of him, there's so much potential there and he's on a very good level already.

Looks good in United red

GS8bhRDWYAA_m_w

GS8bjEdWwAAVqs8

GS8bjEdW8AA8LEs

GS8bltsWAAA3K5v

GS8duWIXQAAe8BJ

Last edited:
Might be jumping the gun, but he looked like the best CB to ever play the game in his short cameo.

Mature and confident for his age, and has the physical attributes to make it to the top. 1 lax pass to Evans which didn't need to be played so forward aside, he was comfortable on and off the ball.

Mature and confident for his age, and has the physical attributes to make it to the top. 1 lax pass to Evans which didn't need to be played so forward aside, he was comfortable on and off the ball.

I agree with you on the pass because it was Evans but it's the kind of pass that you want if you are playing with Martinez, Lindelof or Shaw. Even for Maguire it's a good pass because he is more comfortable when he is already going.

It will be interesting to see how he responds to the "too lightweight for the prem" criticism he gets from the mainstream media the first times he's out muscled for something that leads to a goal.

How do France keep producing these excellent CBs? It's like Italy and their strikers in the 90s.

He makes some very crucial blocks and interceptions. He’s gonna be a fan favourite this season!

Favourite part of his game today for me was his passing, he wasn't afraid of passing between the lines and could also went long, great range for someone so young.

Favourite part of his game today for me was his passing, he wasn't afraid of passing between the lines and could also went long, great range for someone so young.
Couldn’t agree more. People said he wasn’t special on the ball but his passing between the lines at pace on either foot is incredibly promising. Cannot wait to see him alongside Martinez.

I don’t want to look daft in the future so I’m gonna say he looks like a future ballon d’or winner.

That pass early in the first half out wide to the left was insane. Great vision and range of passing.

His recovery speed jumped out at me earlier

Kudos to Sancho also for busting a gut to get back, haven't seen that often during his time here

Dare I say he will be even better than Rio, much better. Now is time for our fecking medical department to do their job. Every CB join us will suddenly become injury prone.

Dare I say he will be even better than Rio, much better. Now is time for our fecking medical department to do their job. Every CB join us will suddenly become injury prone.

Well Rio Ferdinand is one of the best Centre Backs to play in England in the last 50 years so I'd say no. Saying he will definitely be better than him after a 45 minute pre season showing against Rangers would be hyperbole.

He's definitely giving young Rio vibes. His preference in playing a crossfield long ball to an open man, his composure, recovery pace and more. Just hope like prime Rio, he learns how to read the game better and never has to rely on going to ground.

the kid looks like he doesn't lack for pace which fecking nice to finally see one of our CB's with some pace to defend

A few who had watched him a bit (or claimed to at least) at Lille said he didn't progress the ball much, so that was brilliant to see. I noticed almost every time the ball was played to him, just before he received it, he would have a glance up field. It appeared like he was always looking to progress it and the sideways or back pass was the second option. Some of our other defenders are far too comfortable just shuffling it from side to side.

Need to keep reminding myself he is only 18.