La Liga 2024/25

Ha, they all switched off and suddenly it’s 3-2. Could’ve been funnier :lol:

Modric yellow for…not sure. Did he say something to the ref? We are collecting cards at an alarming pace.

An ailing Real Madrid team is booed by their own fans after stinking out the joint in the second half and eking out a 3-2 win at home against Alaves. Vinicius was atrocious again, and his attitude alone should be enough to disqualify him from winning the Ballon d'Or.

Only one more season of having to put up with Ancelotti's football. Hopefully he takes Simeone with him, for the sake of the game.

An ailing Real Madrid team is booed by their own fans after stinking out the joint in the second half and eking out a 3-2 win at home against Alaves. Vinicius was atrocious again, and his attitude alone should be enough to disqualify him from winning the Ballon d'Or.

Only one more season of having to put up with Ancelotti's football. Hopefully he takes Simeone with him, for the sake of the game.
Yeah I'd hate to have to put up with Ancelotti's football. Them Champions Leagues and leagues while playing good football is terrible stuff.

Shame Bilbao are playing in Europa otherwise I'd actually have them as outsiders to challenge for league title. Keeping Nico for one more year. They will always grind out the wins at home and doing the same away.

Barca will surely drop points soon, the Ter Stegen injury will impact them defensively.

Shame Bilbao are playing in Europa otherwise I'd actually have them as outsiders to challenge for league title. Keeping Nico for one more year. They will always grind out the wins at home and doing the same away.

Barca will surely drop points soon, the Ter Stegen injury will impact them defensively.

I mean…I guess they’ll continue winning 7-3 instead of 7-0 but I don’t see it having much impact. Flick got them blowing past everyone. And historically Barca has been great in the league. Even when they weren’t at their best they did well. Kinda like us in the CL.

We are still levels below what we need to be. This team ain’t clicking.

If Endrick can work his bollock-kicking consistently this season, Real Madrid will be a force to be reckoned with for sure.

Are Madrid favourites for the CL again this year? Really hoping someone/anyone can stop City winning it.

If Endrick can work his bollock-kicking consistently this season, Real Madrid will be a force to be reckoned with for sure.
Yeah that was beyond stupid and should’ve been a red.
Are Madrid favourites for the CL again this year? Really hoping someone/anyone can stop City winning it.
Absolutely not. We can barely get past against lower ranked teams in the league.

Yeah that was beyond stupid and should’ve been a red.

Absolutely not. We can barely get past against lower ranked teams in the league.
:( that sucks. You guys have been doing the Lord's work in keeping City and Liverpool from CL trophies when we are not in a position to do it ourselves.

:( that sucks. You guys have been doing the Lord's work in keeping City and Liverpool from CL trophies when we are not in a position to do it ourselves.
It was bound to happen (+ it did in 2023). For now we have a host of problems that we’ve been dealing with.

• Missing Kroos and everything he gave us on the pitch. Camavinga been injured so no chance to test him there.
• Mbappe has been a pretty disappointing signing so far tbh. Could get better but each game is more or less the same.
• The 433 doesn’t work. No chemistry up front, midfield not mixing well. Tchou especially hot and cold.
• Defense not sharp.

Just a lot of things that aren’t working. Jude & Fede bright spots but only so much they can do.

Let Bayern or something do the dirty work :lol:

Ah ok. Credit the players when they're successful and blame the manager when they're poor. I understand
You talk like someone who hasn't seen much of Madrid this season to be honest.

If Madrid were to sack Ancelotti tomorrow, I'm sure all the top clubs would be lining up to get his services. Like they were before he came back at Madrid in fact. He just chose Everton over the top clubs.

If Madrid were to sack Ancelotti tomorrow, I'm sure all the top clubs would be lining up to get his services. Like they were before he came back at Madrid in fact. He just chose Everton over the top clubs.
My issue was you're crediting the players for the success and blaming the manager for the poor performances. You obviously have it in for Ancelotti, it's strange.

I don't understand how me pointing out your hypocrisy means I haven't watched Madrid this season. For what it's worth, I have watched them and they have been quite poor.

If we sacked Ancelotti tomorrow, on Friday he's being introduced as Brazil's new manager

My issue was you're crediting the players for the success and blaming the manager for the poor performances. You obviously have it in for Ancelotti, it's strange.

I don't understand how me pointing out your hypocrisy means I haven't watched Madrid this season. For what it's worth, I have watched them and they have been quite poor.

It's because I believe, in this case, that the players deserve most of the credit for the recent successes and the manager deserves most of the blame for the poor performances. I couldn't see it any other way from watching their games. When a team gets regularly outplayed by lesser teams (Stuttgart recently) and individual talent saves the day, I will praise the players first and foremost.

I thought it would be obvious to someone watching Madrid that their issues are tactical rather than individual. It can only come from a lack of tactical work in training, and it's on Ancelotti and his staff.

And I obviously have nothing against Ancelotti, a legendary manager and a likeable guy by all means. I just think he's not a top manager anymore.

If we sacked Ancelotti tomorrow, on Friday he's being introduced as Brazil's new manager
It makes sense, he could use the same tactics over there he often uses at Madrid: "Let's give the ball to Vini and pray".

Before he signs his contract I just hope someone tells him it's not actually Vinicius, but his shit twin brother who plays for Brazil. The real one stays at home during international breaks and rehearses new ways to have altercations with referees and players.

That's hardly some sort of a seal of approval with the current dire state of international coaching. More or less any national team would obviously hire him on the spot, but that doesn't say much IMO.

It's because I believe, in this case, that the players deserve most of the credit for the recent successes and the manager deserves most of the blame for the poor performances. I couldn't see it any other way from watching their games. When a team gets regularly outplayed by lesser teams (Stuttgart recently) and individual talent saves the day, I will praise the players first and foremost.

I thought it would be obvious to someone watching Madrid that their issues are tactical rather than individual. It can only come from a lack of tactical work in training, and it's on Ancelotti and his staff.

And I obviously have nothing against Ancelotti, a legendary manager and a likeable guy by all means. I just think he's not a top manager anymore.
I don't think this is a very strong argument because Ancelotti has shown that he can win with many players at Real Madrid. You joke about 'passing it to Vini and praying.' He missed 10+ games last season and Real Madrid won most of them.

I mean, we're talking about a team that hasn't lost a match in regular time in one year.

Last edited:
Smooth 21 points from the first 7 matches for Barca and Flick (although that 1-0 against Getafe doesn't seem very convincing on paper, haven't seem the game).

I don't think this is a very strong argument because Ancelotti has shown that he can win with many players at Real Madrid. You joke about 'passing it to Vini and praying.' He missed 10+ games last season and Real Madrid won most of them.

I mean, we're talking about a team that hasn't lost a match in regular time in one year.

With a squad loaded with talent though. When Vinicius was injured, Rodrygo took his place on the left and was brilliant. When Vini started slow, Bellingham carried the team offensively, exceeding all expectations.

To be clear Ancelotti is still very good at man management and his experience is invaluable. It's tactically that he's in over his head in today's game. In terms of importance in Madrid's recent success, he comes way behind the players for me.

Zidane won 3 consecutive champions leagues and I still don't know how good a manager he is. I even remember him saying that the players deserved all the credit, that they are the ones on the pitch, etc.

With a squad loaded with talent though. When Vinicius was injured, Rodrygo took his place on the left and was brilliant. When Vini started slow, Bellingham carried the team offensively, exceeding all expectations.

To be clear Ancelotti is still very good at man management and his experience is invaluable. It's tactically that he's in over his head in today's game. In terms of importance in Madrid's recent success, he comes way behind the players for me.

Zidane won 3 consecutive champions leagues and I still don't know how good a manager he is. I even remember him saying that the players deserved all the credit, that they are the ones on the pitch, etc.

Zidane's managerial career is very short but at least we can assure he did much better than Benitez during his first stage and much better than Lopetegui during his second one.

If it was the players making the difference they would have saved Benitez and Lopetegui but that didn't happen.

Ronaldo said he got to admire Zidane way more after being managed by him.

Even though I wouldn't mind to see a different type of manager at the club, if Ancelotti was to leave, most people would agree Zidane would have the most adequate profile to be the next coach.

If you were the president of the club, would you really refuse hiring Zidane because you are not sure how good a manager he is? Because that seems a strong enough reason to refuse contracting someone.

When Zidane managed Real Madrid in his second stint, the team could not attack well. He managed them to be competitive, but the goalscoring numbers were poor for a team near the top of the league.

When Ancelotti signed for the club again, the goalscoring numbers improved, and so did results, as RM won 2 CL titles in 3 seasons. The numbers continued to be good even after replacing Balon D'Or winner Karim Benzema with a 20-year-old midfielder.

Some of this is due to individual talent, but then we're not talking about prime 2017 Real Madrid here. Vinicius Jr. has never performed this well for any manager other than Ancelotti and does not perform for the Brazil NT. Bellingham had never been a consistent goalscoring threat.

Last edited:
I mentioned the thing about RM not losing a (normal) game in a year because it helps keep things in perspective.

Well-trained teams also play badly sometimes, or have periods of patchy form. They usually just lose these games and nobody gets too concerned because it's normal to play badly and lose games sometimes.

Zidane's managerial career is very short but at least we can assure he did much better than Benitez during his first stage and much better than Lopetegui during his second one.

If it was the players making the difference they would have saved Benitez and Lopetegui but that didn't happen.

Ronaldo said he got to admire Zidane way more after being managed by him.

Even though I wouldn't mind to see a different type of manager at the club, if Ancelotti was to leave, most people would agree Zidane would have the most adequate profile to be the next coach.

If you were the president of the club, would you really refuse hiring Zidane because you are not sure how good a manager he is? Because that seems a strong enough reason to refuse contracting someone.

Benitez was a failure. For Lopetegui we have to consider the circumstances. Key players had either left or declined, others either were still green or flopped. It was also the start of a transitional phase after a highly successful period and all the wear and tear that comes with it.

It made all the sense in the world to promote Zidane in 2016 and to bring him back in 2019, and it paid off. Right now I wouldn't hire him if I was the president. This team needs something else imo. I would go for Xabi Alonso, or for Klopp, if his sabbatical year rejuvenated him and he feels up for the challenge.

I think we need more someone like Xabi Alonso right now rather than going back to Zidane or at least we should try someone that can bring more structure. Although ayone would struggle if they're forced to slot Mbappe in the starting XI.

At Real Madrid, all it takes is Mbappè, Vini or Jude telling Flo "I don't like this manager" and the manager is gone

Xabi should be a good bet because he's played here, he knows this stuff. Tactical Talibans who think they're actually the boss of people who can get them sacked with one phone call never succeed at Real Madrid. We have never been and are not and may never be a manager's club

Xabi should be a good bet because he's played here, he knows this stuff

Yes, that and people like him. Unlike Benitez who had zero charisma and annoyed the hell out of the fanbase and players.

At Real Madrid, all it takes is Mbappè, Vini or Jude telling Flo "I don't like this manager" and the manager is gone

Xabi should be a good bet because he's played here, he knows this stuff. Tactical Talibans who think they're actually the boss of people who can get them sacked with one phone call never succeed at Real Madrid. We have never been and are not and may never be a manager's club

Hmm, dunno if current Florentino would still operate that way or tell them to stfu.

Man United fans calling for Ancelotti’s head while finding all kind of excuses to defend Ten Haag (or claiming Tuchel is their dream manager).
Classic stuff :).

Man United fans calling for Ancelotti’s head while finding all kind of excuses to defend Ten Haag (or claiming Tuchel is their dream manager).
Classic stuff :).
What are you on about? Please try and improve the quality of your posts.