La Liga 2024/25

Another child to add to the list of being overworked and broken

Don't be daft. Some of the players that have been injured before may have been overused (by the national team too, not only Barcelona, their actual employers), but that's not the case here. He has played in 4 friendlies and 3 official games (only one in full) for the first team in two months. I know it's fun to mock Barça and many people on this forum genuinely hate them, mostly with good reason, and there are plenty of things to beat them with without frivolously resorting to a very serious injury to a teenager.

Don't be daft. Some of the players that have been injured before may have been overused (by the national team too, not only Barcelona, their actual employers), but that's not the case here. He has played in 4 friendlies and 3 official games (only one in full) for the first team in two months. I know it's fun to mock Barça and many people on this forum genuinely hate them, mostly with good reason, and there are plenty of things to beat them with without frivolously resorting to a very serious injury to a teenager.
He turned 17 just three months ago and he started all three of their first team La Liga matches. “Only one in full” — sure, but he’s played total of 244 minutes of the possible 270 in that time. If that’s not overusing (it absolutely is) they were well on the way of doing so had he not got injured.

There’s nothing “frivolous” about his injury. It’s Barcelona “frivolously” chucking literal children in against professional footballers at the highest level year in year out with this repeatedly occurring.

You're not a graduate of La Masia until you've torn your ACL a year or so after breaking through. Think Pedri, Gavi and Fati all had that injury already in their careers.

I think Madrid have an unusual amount of players tearing their ACL's too - I read an article on it on the Athletic the other day. Pintus is famed for his fitness work but he may be partly culpable.

He turned 17 just three months ago and he started all three of their first team La Liga matches. “Only one in full” — sure, but he’s played total of 244 minutes of the possible 270 in that time. If that’s not overusing (it absolutely is) they were well on the way of doing so had he not got injured.

There’s nothing “frivolous” about his injury. It’s Barcelona “frivolously” chucking literal children in against professional footballers at the highest level year in year out with this repeatedly occurring.
This is completely stupid and you know it.

It could be all the twisting and turning these Barca talents have to do and are so good at from a young age. It's easier to over exert and damage their knees while adapting to their bigger bodies and a higher centre of gravity.

Valencia won't get relegated..right?

They're a bit like Everton. In endless financial woe and basically sell anyone decent. It's been a tough start in fairness with Barca and Bilbao away in first three matches.

22/23 they survived by skin of their teeth and last season was comfortable as they tended to beat teams around them. Saw the second half tonight and they hardly created anything until Andre Almedia came on, Rafa Mir dosen't look a signing they really needed as he did little at Sevilla.

It's early doors but Madrid have looked pretty poor in every match while Barca look a lot better this year. Olmo is a great signing and will bring Barca closer. You'd still expect Madrid to win the league but looks like it'll be more interesting than many predicted.

It's early doors but Madrid have looked pretty poor in every match while Barca look a lot better this year. Olmo is a great signing and will bring Barca closer. You'd still expect Madrid to win the league but looks like it'll be more interesting than many predicted.
I think it’s just teething problems but they will find a way.

They’re moving on from Kroos and also need to integrate Mbappe into the starting XI.

I think they will go big for Rodri next season and then it’s game over again.

Ollie McBurnie made the assist there btw. Mc Burnie obviously better than Mbappe. Scott McKenna playing at the back too.

I would have said the same thing in the three-peat years, but Madrid's European performances don't seem to always match their CL heroics. Barcelona were the better domestic team when we was all singing Madrid's praises.

Mbappe, Kroos or not, Madrid very often look fairly meh but know how to win games. They'll do the same here.

Ollie McBurnie made the assist there btw. Mc Burnie obviously better than Mbappe. Scott McKenna playing at the back too.
From playing in Sheffield in the PL and Championship to living on the Canary Islands playing in La Liga. I know which one I prefer.

I love how Scottish players this summer just thought feck it and they're all having a European adventure. :lol:

Would have been funny if he scored with his first touch. Mbappe having to cut back to his left foot is a waste

Endrick is a good channel runner. I like him.

Mbappé shouldn't be playing up top. Both him and Vini are most comfortable on the left wing. It's an issue anyone could see coming from miles away. I reckon eventually the Brazilian will have to play somewhere else as I doubt Mbappé will keep being played out of position for too long.

Mbappe has had 9 shots today apparently

Endrick is a good channel runner. I like him.

Mbappé shouldn't be playing up top. Both him and Vini are most comfortable on the left wing. It's an issue anyone could see coming from miles away. I reckon eventually the Brazilian will have to play somewhere else as I doubt Mbappé will keep being played out of position for too long.
I think Endrick is potentially very special.

I don’t see a massive drop off in quality from him and Real’s other attackers and that is crazy!

Mbappe has been crap in every game. What a waste of a signing and looking like another Hazard / Jovic / Mariano Diaz.

Besides that: other than Valverde, everyone looks awful. Low effort, no energy, physically outdone, poor formations and no chemistry.

Ancelotti has some job to do.

Mbappe can't play CF. He's so uncomfortable there. They might try Vinicious there but same problems could arise. While many will say it's early on, Mbappe and Vinicious are showing no chemistry. Bellingham clicked with everyone immediately last year. Probably should play 2 up front, Vinicious and Mbappe as wide forwards with Bellingham in behind when he's back. But Barca have looked a lot more balanced so far.

Playing in the middle or not, this guy is stinking up the place. He barely moves and is more like martial than Ronaldo atm.

As Iker says, they deserve a holiday. They just won the supercup!
I didn't care about today's game. My concern comes from the past 4-2-4.

With all available, I find it impossible to fit the 4 ( the three + Rodrygo), not even with Jude in Di Stefano mode. Although he has the ability I think it's a waste to move Fede seeing how dominant he was on the right.
Maybe a 3-3-4? With Camavinga as a false left back.
I didn't see Tchouameni before and I don't see him now either, a jack-of-all-trades in midfield.
Our dear lukita has to play half an hour at the Bernabéu and receive the applause. Today Guler should have played 90 minutes.
Bad start for Mbappe. The general state of passivity and apathy did not help.

Mbappe not having the best start to life in La Liga. It’s going up in leagues which makes you tell how good a player really is. Rashford would be a world beater in the French league.

Madrid seemed to have gaps, they needed a midfielder controlling that game, as whatever they tried did not work clearly, they need to try and get a Kroos replacement. Lucas Vazquez is technically limited. Whatever they tried with Brahim Diaz today was not working, countless lost balls and was playing out of position. Mendy offers nothing going forward and it's a blaring issue that has been there for many seasons now.

Vinicius was awful again, except the Atalanta game, he has been poor all 3 others, and he puts himself in some terrible positions, trying to dribble past 3-4 guys and it almost never works, also very selfish play again, should've been subbed out earlier. It's visibly clear how much better Mbappe is than Viniciis, and you can tell just by watching the game. An amazing talent, even if the goals are missing, he creates chances out of nowhere, the goals will come for him.

Las Palmas defended well. And strung together some decent plays moving fwd. Keeper keeped well also. Poor decisions, questionable defending, and super sloppy play and passing all game from Madrid.

For god knows what reason, Real Madrid seem institutionally incapable of playing good consecutive league seasons. The fact that they last defended a league title in 2008 really boggles the mind considering the quality of teams they've had since. Early days of course, and with the injury crisis and the overall situation in Barcelona taken into account I'd still have them as favorites though.

Mbappe not having the best start to life in La Liga. It’s going up in leagues which makes you tell how good a player really is. Rashford would be a world beater in the French league.

I hardly think It's that, though.

It's fairly implausible that Mbappe would dominate the French league, but fail to dominate La Liga when he's dominated the Champions League in that time.

Pedri being a Barca product has to be an urban legend by now. :lol:

So many people forget Barca bought him from Las Palmas.

They're a bit like Everton. In endless financial woe and basically sell anyone decent. It's been a tough start in fairness with Barca and Bilbao away in first three matches.

22/23 they survived by skin of their teeth and last season was comfortable as they tended to beat teams around them. Saw the second half tonight and they hardly created anything until Andre Almedia came on, Rafa Mir dosen't look a signing they really needed as he did little at Sevilla.
Rafa Mir is a basura signing. I think VCF should be comfortable for mid-table this season but I really wish an American would come take them over.

VCF really should be a perennial UCL team and in a good season, push for the title.

I think it’s just teething problems but they will find a way.

They’re moving on from Kroos and also need to integrate Mbappe into the starting XI.

I think they will go big for Rodri next season and then it’s game over again.

Madrid HAS to get their midfield down pat. I’m surprised they didn’t go for someone like Joao Neves in the summer. He would have been mint for them.

This Madrid side is far too lopsided in the attack.

I hardly think It's that, though.

It's fairly implausible that Mbappe would dominate the French league, but fail to dominate La Liga when he's dominated the Champions League in that time.
Different styles of football though. CL teams can have games that go end to end.

Every emperor enters a decadent phase at some point. Flo resisted it much longer this time around, but it was always coming

Sigh

Long may it continue. I'm not ordering large buckets of popcorn though.. yet.

Mbappe can't play CF. He's so uncomfortable there. They might try Vinicious there but same problems could arise. While many will say it's early on, Mbappe and Vinicious are showing no chemistry. Bellingham clicked with everyone immediately last year. Probably should play 2 up front, Vinicious and Mbappe as wide forwards with Bellingham in behind when he's back. But Barca have looked a lot more balanced so far.
He can play it if the rest of the side is set up for him but I think they’ll be better off sacrificing one of the wingers here:

Courtois
Carvajal Militao Rüdiger Alaba/Mendy
Tchouameni
Valverde Modric/Camavinga
Bellingham/Guler
Mbappe/Endrick Vinicius/Rodrygo​

Madrid HAS to get their midfield down pat. I’m surprised they didn’t go for someone like Joao Neves in the summer. He would have been mint for them.

This Madrid side is far too lopsided in the attack.
I think they already have too many midfielders. Bellingham and Camavinga are absent but they'd otherwise be playing most games.

There's still possible problems even with those two, but you need at least a season to see if that's the case.

Different styles of football though. CL teams can have games that go end to end.

Most of the games in Ligue 1 were PSG dealing with compact defenses. They dominated possession against every team.

He's just been off for a while now. Even to close the season with PSG and the Euros.