La Liga 2024/25

Madrid playing badly but Valverde scores with a lucky deflection

Would it be too soon to congratulate Barca with the title? Cause this shit doesn’t look good at all. Formation is not working. None of the players are reaching their level. And by the time they figure it out, could be too late.
Drama queen.. boo hoo, no league only another CL for us this year...
:p

I swear this is how Real wins most of their games. DNA

Drama queen.. boo hoo, no league only another CL for us this year...
:p
I don’t even remember the last time we retained the league title. So wasn’t expecting much anyway.
I swear this is how Real wins most of their games. DNA
We were much better last season. This is dreadful. Mbappe has been a worthless addition.

Rodrygo really messed that counter so badly, he should have just scored. What an awful pass. Real should have been 3-0 up.

I don’t even remember the last time we retained the league title. So wasn’t expecting much anyway.

We were much better last season. This is dreadful. Mbappe has been a worthless addition.
Mbappe on a free is a no brainer and I'm a pretty big critic of his.

Mbappe has been training with his team mates less than 3 weeks. Too soon to judge him imo.

I'm more interested in seeing Endrick than Mbap, he's the most PR-driven player I've ever seen, let's see if he can live up to it, and let's see if he has a human personality.

Mbappe has been training with his team mates less than 3 weeks. Too soon to judge him imo.
He's much better on the left than in the middle which requires adjustments from one party or another meaning someone isn't going to be at 100%.

I'm more interested in seeing Endrick than Mbap, he's the most PR-driven player I've ever seen, let's see if he can live up to it, and let's see if he has a human personality.
This 100%. There is a lot to watch about Madrid this year. Will Bellingham perform the same and mbappe for me is the main one will he deliver. Going to be interesting

He's already the superior player.

Endrick > Mbappe

Clearly we need to switch back to the 442. It works so much better for us. That 433/4231/424 or whatever the feck it was does not work.

Would love to see a Vini/Endrick/Guler (or Diaz) forward lineup but know it won't happen because of Mbappes starpower. I feel like this Real team is going to annoy me with Vini/Mbappe/Rodrygo all wanting the same positions on the field and keeping so much talent on the bench...

Would love to see a Vini/Endrick/Guler forward lineup but know it won't happen because of Mbappes starpower. I feel like this Real team is going to annoy me with Vini/Mbappe/Rodrygo all wanting the same positions on the field and keeping so much talent on the bench...
Guler is a world class player. I hope Ancelotti gives him the credit he deserves this 24/25 season.

Christ, you know you are getting old when you think someone is knocking on a bit when it turns out they are younger than you . Just done that with Koke

Swedberg won’t want to watch the film on that match anytime soon. Two gilt edged opportunities to take all 3pts for Celta. The first he should have squared it for Douvikas, the second was a poor finish

Swedberg won’t want to watch the film on that match anytime soon. Two gilt edged opportunities to take all 3pts for Celta. The first he should have squared it for Douvikas, the second was a poor finish
That was a brilliant game last night from start to finish.

Villarreal match last night was absolutely brilliant. End to end.

Barca losing here, Olmo making his debut, looks class, you'd expect Barca to come back.

Gotta love La Liga standards.

If you conceed in the first minutes, you're set to see a boring game where the leading team rolls on the ground for 40 minutes, if you claw your way up and come back, the team not interested in playing for 70 minutes now has 10 minutes of added time, with your players risking injuries or getting cards.

Maybe it's time for Simeone to win 3 in a row defending 85 minutes per game and then ask why people stop watching this nightmare.

How does La Masia churn out a new world class talent every 3 months? I'm very impressed how great they are at developing young talent. Probably the best academy in the world for young players along with Ajax maybe.

This young Barca core can absolutely stop Madrid from dominating the next decade, both in Spain and Europe (but other teams will have a say in the CL too, of course).

Yamal, Bernal, Cubarsí, Gavi, Balde is an incredible group that should stay together for at least the next 10 years. And it's inevitable that more La Masia products will pop up who are at their level too. I'm a little bit jealous that they've been doing this for decades at this point, even though Carrington isn't anything to scoff at either!

And then there's also Araujo, de Jong, Raphinha and Olmo, who are in their peak ages.

Fantastic work again from Yamal for that Olmo goal.
That's seven consecutive games now with a goal or an assist, I believe. And some of those games were hugely important. Not long turned 17. Remarkable.

The 2 goals per game will likely not be enough on the longer run, if our Hansi time is any indication.

Another child to add to the list of being overworked and broken

You're not a graduate of La Masia until you've torn your ACL a year or so after breaking through. Think Pedri, Gavi and Fati all had that injury already in their careers.

Is there an issue with the physios at La Masia? I don’t hear of other academies with so many career changing injuries for their youth graduates. Then again, maybe it’s just that La Masia gets more coverage because it’s Barca.

Regardless, haven’t players said Barca’s physical training in on the lighter side?

You're not a graduate of La Masia until you've torn your ACL a year or so after breaking through. Think Pedri, Gavi and Fati all had that injury already in their careers.
Pedri?

Part of me wishes Lamine Yamal escapes this fate, ngl