La Liga 2024/25

17yo centreback looking his age, not helped by the suicidal high line to be fair.

It’s interesting the new Madrid Galacticos aren’t firing.

Bellingham £100m
Mbappe £150m

Bellingham was La Liga POTY last season. Bit of a slow start to this season in terms of goals but he’s consistently been one of their top performers since he joined them.

Either way, it's a lot more entertaining than the PL equivalent of the last couple of seasons, where City and Arsenal compete to see who can fit the most CBs and DMs on the pitch and commit the most tactical fouls without getting booked.

Turning up to the Bernabeu and playing this kind of high line against Vini and Mbappe when your GK, DM and CBs are all backups or kids is... interesting.
I like it. Even if they lose they still had a plan and are bold enough to execute it and use a lot of young players. Madrid will probably win but I wish we had a bit more a plan like Barcelona, although I don’t like Barcelona.

Madrid have had the most random captains those past few years. Nacho? Vazquez?

The quality of football in this game has been fecking shocking. Both teams just hoofing it forwards half the time. The other half has just been fouls.

What a frustrating first half. That offside trap is activated again and again. And when it isn’t, we suck at finishing. Not giving away a lot of chances but far from good.

We need to play some rugby here. Just punt it to the corners and go press them high

Madrid is playing better so far. Kind of weird because their games this season have been a borefest but I guess they get more motivation when they play us.

Madrid easily been the better side and you feel that they'll pick the offside trap atleast once. The good thing for Barca is that they haven't really gotten going at all in attack so they can only get better.

Madrid easily been the better side and you feel that they'll pick the offside trap atleast once. The good thing for Barca is that they haven't really gotten going at all in attack so they can only get better.
You sure? Flashscores as Barca as the dominant team

I’d hate it if we played a high line like Barca. We’d get picked apart whenever we play any of the decent Premier league teams.

Seen it with Spurs and Villa last couple of years who’ve both tried to play like this. Also, Liverpool a few years ago. Just never works in this league.

FDJ coming on is probably a good move and should help Barca get some control of midfield. The experience could also be key today.