La Liga 2024/25

Lewadownski with the 12th league of his season to make it 3-0.

Barca’s squad depth looks really strong
This week will be the true test of how far they've really come with the Bayern and Madrid matches. But they do look incredible so far. If that front three stays fit all year, they can go a very long way.

Crazy if true. A league game moved to the US is a disgraceful idea.

Valencia will go down I reckon. What a shame that would be

Appalling.

This is what happens when you move "lesser matches" like the Spanish Super Cup to Saudi. If opens the doors to eventually moving other domestic games abroad.

Hoping it never happens in England but I fear we're only a couple of seasons away now. Especially, if this is a success.

Appalling.

This is what happens when you move "lesser matches" like the Spanish Super Cup to Saudi. If opens the doors to eventually moving other domestic games abroad.

Hoping it never happens in England but I fear we're only a couple of seasons away now. Especially, if this is a success.

This is uncharted territory, so I might be wrong, but financially I can't imagine how this would not be a success. Outside of el classico and probably the madrid derby you would think barca vs atletico is the biggest match in spanish football. I can't see fans not shelling out to actually get to see them in a competitive game. I know a fair few people who have planned trips around going to see their favorite team playing in pre season in america, so that might happen here as well.

Embarrassing. Thankfully we aren't good enough to be pitched for a game in the US but it's a matter of time before they try it for a PL game.

It's better than the proposed 39th game the EPL put forward a few years ago

It's better than the proposed 39th game the EPL put forward a few years ago
No it's not.

As awful as that was, at least no home fans were losing out.

Football/FIFA needs to be very careful about the road it goes down with this over the next few years.

No it's not.

As awful as that was, at least no home fans were losing out.

Football/FIFA needs to be very careful about the road it goes down with this over the next few years.

Matter of opinion I suppose. Would say game 39 was worse too.

Some teams having to play City or Arsenal 3 times or their equivalent at the time of the proposal, others getting to play Ipswich or Southampton 3 times. Imagine potentially losing the league title, a European spot or being relegated in part due to that.

I hate both proposals, strongly against the ideas and gladly we don't have to choose one or the other. With a gun to my head though, would rather home fans miss one game than the entire balance of the league be cast aside.

Both are shit and should never see the light of day.

Last edited:

F* player welfare I suppose. Tebas has run that league into the ground..

The next thing will be to have regular games overseas. But I cannot see Bilbao or Madrid giving up a home game to play overseas.

Camavinga and Tchouameni suddenly starters. Interesting, hope it works.

Most exciting El Clasico in years?

Has felt pretty one-sided for last few seasons
100%. Madrid is buzzing all day. Madrid are champions of Spain and Europe. They probably have better players but Barcelona have been the better team this season and the likes of Yamal and Pedri are getting better and better. I fancy Barca to do Madrid here 3-1

Both teams would probably take a point.

I'm expecting a 2-2 draw... so watch it turn into a 0-0 borefest.

Real look a bit more vulnerable with Vázquez at RB. Mbappé and Vinícius will cause problems at the other end though.

Both teams would probably take a point.

I'm expecting a 2-2 draw... so watch it turn into a 0-0 borefest.

Real look a bit more vulnerable with Vázquez at RB. Mbappé and Vinícius will cause problems at the other end though.
I think Madrid will win this. Unlike Bayern, they'll know how to exploit that high line.

Barca’s high line for life is admirable in a way but seems a bit mad to never adjust it no matter what.

15 mins in, this has already lived up to the billing. Great game.

How does Vinicius not score that one, unbelievably bad finishing.