La Liga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can imagine the meltdown if Ronaldo did what Messi did, if he took off his top in front of the opposition fans and pointed at his name. :lol:
But because its Messi so he gets a leeway. I love Messi but this is double standard.
If you see some of the fan videos, there were Barca fans where Messi did his celebration. Probably in the upper stands.

You can see the slight dip in quality from both sides compared to what they were. Those last 15 minutes were chaotic madness but not in a good way. Poor game management from both sides

I saw two teams playing football at a level you don't see in the Prem, very rarely in the CL and almost never in international football.

When will English teams be as good as Real, Barca, Bayern and Juve? Watching the clasico made me realise again how inferior the PL's top teams are.
The Barcelona of few years back? probably never. That is once in a lifetime type of thing. The current team and Real? the main difference is Messi really. The rest of their team is "normal" top team if you will like many others. Add to that the greatest player ever and you're ahead of the rest whenever he is in the mood. Always surprises me how underestimated Messi's presence is. It's like people acknowledge that he is GOAT or at least one of, and still ask why can't other teams be as good. Maybe because there is an unnatural factor at play?

You can see the slight dip in quality from both sides compared to what they were. Those last 15 minutes were chaotic madness but not in a good way. Poor game management from both sides
That is definitely true for Barcelona. The reason this game was exciting is that Barcelona are not very good. But Real? That has been their level for years now. Very good, but flawed. When Barcelona were top, the games were one sided, when not, more of an even playing field like today.

I really want to like Ronaldo, after the role he played in our success; but he's just so eminently punchable. Just a complete tool. From the statues of himself, to his preposterous antics and histrionics. It really is impossible to like him. He's a ridiculous caricature of the modern footballer. It gives me great joy to see him lose.

Probably been said but, how naive were Real to be pressing that high with just a minute left of injury time. No way Marcelo should have been in the Barca half at that juncture. Undid all the good work for the equalizer. At least there will be a good finish to La Liga season.

When will English teams be as good as Real, Barca, Bayern and Juve? Watching the clasico made me realise again how inferior the PL's top teams are.

The English teams are going through major upheavals (in football sense), over the past few years unlike other major teams (RM, FCB, Bayern) who don't necessarily change style even if they do change personnel . You take the biggest clubs in the country and it has the same pattern - at United, Mou is taking over LVG's squad and trying to implement his style, same with Pochh at Spurs, Pep at City, Klopp at Pool, (Koeman?) and Arsenal are waning. Out of the current bunch of new managers, only Pochh has got atleast 2 years with the squad. Give it time, it tends to go in cycles like 2005-2010, when an English club reached the CL finals for 6 (was it?) consecutive seasons. Cue - United under SAF (Roo-Ronaldo-Tevez), Arsenal riding the 04-05 wave (Unbeatable), Chelsea under Mou (back to back leagues) and Pool under Benitez and you can see how things have changed now.

Messi rolling like a pussy that he is. The God didn't even touch him.

They just had to make the league interesting. Disgraceful stuff.

I really want to like Ronaldo, after the role he played in our success; but he's just so eminently punchable. Just a complete tool. From the statues of himself, to his preposterous antics and histrionics. It really is impossible to like him. He's a ridiculous caricature of the modern footballer. It gives me great joy to see him lose.

This x 100

Messi rolling like a pussy that he is. The God didn't even touch him.

They just had to make the league interesting. Disgraceful stuff.

It was disgusting that - seeing the whole Barca platoon go all out for every fecking decision. When you see the manager and every player get that passionate about decisions (i.e surround the ref and hound him into making a decision), it seems against the spirit especially since he's failing pathetically with his tactical nous. It wasn't just this match - same thing against Juve but at-least that match had a ref who wouldn't be fazed. When a team as capable as Barca has to retort to such unprofessional behaviour, it's a shame really. Having said that, a masterclass from Messi nonetheless - what a beast of a performance.

P.S: Why isn't surrounding refs being disbarred in La Liga like they do in EPL?

Last edited:
I saw two teams playing football at a level you don't see in the Prem, very rarely in the CL and almost never in international football.

Really? I thought both teams gave away ball far too cheaply, were constricted in attack and pretty woeful in front of the goal considering the chances both team missed; exciting match? yes, was a great match to watch but I have seen similar matches in other leagues including EPL. Also, it's a myth that the higher the level of the competition, the better the game will be - it tends to get more tactical and less open.

Two classico's this season, two clear penalties for Madrid in the first 5 minutes not called but he gives a red to Ramos for that.
Don't you talk to me about intent. If he wanted to go hard he would have and midget would be on the grass lying in pain. That did not happen. He didn't touch him.

We have only ourselves to blame for the result by pressing a man down in the last minute of the game but still the ref made sure people tune in for the end of the season drama.

Two classico's this season, two clear penalties for Madrid in the first 5 minutes not called but he gives a red to Ramos for that.
Don't you talk to me about intent. If he wanted to go hard he would have and midget would be on the grass lying in pain. That did not happen. He didn't touch him.

We have only ourselves to blame for the result by pressing a man down in the last minute of the game but still the ref made sure people tune in for the end of the season drama.

Real Madrid should be the last team to be talking about refereeing decisions after that Bayern game tbf.

the "top" comments in Marca:

"I am Madrid fan but today I learned this from my team:
1) Ramos is not a captain, he auto-send off in all classics. And yet, Madrid plays better without him.
2) Bale has crystal bones,
3)Benzema is a trunk(striker without hip, who doesn´t move too much) and Casemiro does not know how to defend without hitting.
3) Kroos, Modric, Nacho and Marcelo, as always, with "cojones" and feeling the shirt.
4) Our bench is the starting eleven. Zidane laughable, ISCO, JAMES, MORATA and ASENSIO are starting 11.
5) Messi is the best in history."

"Madrid have thrown la liga. That is the summary, against a wounded Barça, Zidane brings out the fecking bbc and throws half a game. I was not happy with the equalizer, Messi's goal is fair, today we had to give everything and overwhelm Barca who also came out with fear, and instead gave them life, unfortunate.Deserved victory of Barça. if we are not able to win to this injured Barca at home, is for us to retire."
I love the Spanish. Their Lang is so dramatic.

Didn't Casemiro escape second yellow when he fouled Messi at around 45 mins? He fouled player on the counter attack, it's a clear yellow and if Casemiro wasn't on yellow maybe he would have got one.

Maybe you are the only person who thinks red card was harsh.

Real Madrid should be the last team to be talking about refereeing decisions after that Bayern game tbf.

Had ref done his job right that game would never go to extra time. Have you seen the new clip where Vidal hit's Kroos with elbow in the face? He should have been out before half time.
Besides, 2:1 goal was offside with less then 10 minutes to go. If they got that call right all the insuferable whining would never happen because there would be no extra time.

There's a difference between getting decisions in your favour and dropping at the hint of a tackle and force the ref's hand. The tackle on Messi was ill-advised and warranted a red, but the play-acting and hounding the ref was disgusting to watch.

It was a fantastic game. Both teams contributed to it. Comparared to Arsenal and City it was like a different sport.

Had ref done his job right that game would never go to extra time. Have you seen the new clip where Vidal hit's Kroos with elbow in the face? He should have been out before half time.
Besides, 2:1 goal was offside with less then 10 minutes to go. If they got that call right all the insuferable whining would never happen because there would be no extra time.

Casemiro should've been out long before Vidal, and both the CR goals were offside.

Casemiro should've been out long before Vidal

Now you're making stuff up. Casemiro foul on Robben where should have been sent of was 79 minute.

Vidal should have been off in 48 minute after butchering Casemiro or if reff missed that one, could have sent him off after this elbow which was a straight red.

and both the CR goals were offside.
In extra time. After Bayern scored from offside and that's what got them the extra time.

Real - Bayern game post game bs was a monumental spin to make it what it isn't. That's how much hate there is aimed to Real Madrid. Everyone's a victim when they go out to Madrid.

Now you're making stuff up. Casemiro foul on Robben where should have been sent of was 79 minute.

Vidal should have been off in 48 minute after butchering Casemiro or if reff missed that one, could have sent him off after this elbow which was a straight red.

So, the basis of your whole argument is based on a one-off incident that the ref didn't even see? Also, Casemiro made a lot of silly tackles - should have been sent off because his tackle was worse than Vidal's.

In extra time. After Bayern scored from offside and that's what got them the extra time.

No, Madrid putting one in it's own net did.

Wait, so you're complaining about an offside goal when your team won the very same match with 2 offside goals of their own?? and you wonder why RM fans are hated? :lol:

Wait, so you're complaining about an offside goal when your team won the very same match with 2 offside goals of their own?? and you wonder why RM fans are hated? :lol:

We were going throug untill the offside own goal which is a referee error that took the game to extra time. How you try to make that fact irrelevant is just ridiculous. :lol:

We were going throug untill the offside own goal which is a referee error that took the game to extra time. How you try to make that fact irrelevant is just ridiculous. :lol:

I am not making it so , It is actually irrelevant. And what fact? It's your assumption nothing else. Anyway, harp on.

Barca were poor up top. Everything fell down when Suarez touched the ball.
Madrid worked good positions but the final ball let them down or failed to find either side of the keeper. Most of the keeping saves were straight at him or at a comfortable height for an easy save.
Barca weren't able to keep the ball when they had the man advantage and you could see the flaws that PSG, City and Juve exposed time and time again.
Madrid are soft through the middle. They always concede through there. It was almost identical to the Bayern game but they didn't take advantage of Casemiro not being sent off or having two incredible chances to score from blatant offside positions.
Madrid were also tactically inept after scoring the equasier. How a RB can make a simple turn from deep inside his own half and have the run of the pitch is ridiculous, never mind having so many players in the box that it ends up being 5 v 3 especially when a draw was as good as a win to them.

Saying Ramos or 'God' didn't even touch Messi, calling Messi a midget, @gaucho_10 I know it hurts but try to be a bit more objective.

You're asking too much. :D

Having said that, he didn't touch him. Looked bad but I stand by what I said. If he wanted to take him down, he'd just do it.

Look at the Real fans and players' faces after Messi scores...devastation.

I just read in AS that the one of yesterday is the 17th injury of Bale in Madrid.The 8th in the soleus :(

Barca are in the best position now. Less tougher schedule and less busy schedule compared to el Real, might conclude a big spanish bottling job from Zidane. Biggest since barca 06/07. If you are aware about the moral boost a win in el clasico gives, especially when it is done in enemy territory, then you'd imagine what it does to a team that has lost it as real has done. The La Liga ending will be exciting:drool:

In other news, let's update the list of myths:
  • Loch Ness monster does live in some lake in Scotland.
  • Big foot walks around in some forest in North America.
  • At some point Casemiro has got a second booking which led him to be sent off.
  • Barca have had one big game where they haven't surrounded the referee and tried to provoke him into making an refereeing error on their behalf.
  • An opponent have had a penalty offered vs Barca.

You're asking too much. :D

Having said that, he didn't touch him. Looked bad but I stand by what I said. If he wanted to take him down, he'd just do it.
You are aware that if you go into a 2 footed challenge you get a red for intent even if you don't get a player.
Also Marcelo elbowed Messi in the 1st. I guess there was enough intent in that.

Pigue's a bit of a dick. Why does he feel he has to comment everything that has anything to do with Real? I know yesterday was a match between the teams, but the pathetic, 'cryptic' tweets etc. Didn't really need to say anything after a great win, but couldn't resist:

"When he (Ramos) gets home he will regret it because it's a clear read card, he went with both feet off the ground. What it is is that here they are used to very permissive referees and today that's not been the case."

Last edited:
Pigue's a bit of a dick. Why does he feel he has to comment everything that has anything to fo with Real? I know yesterday was a match between the teams, but the pathetic, 'cryptic' tweets etc. Didn't really need to say anything after a great win, but couldn't resist:

Barca and Madrid players/fans arguing about refs is like 2 corrupt politicians arguing about corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.