La Liga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bale just signed a long term contract, and I know the injury situation isn't ideal but Zizou had the faith to put him on against Barca when not even fit. I think he'll stay if he can keep fit. Asensio looks good, should be starting. Even James will be pestering the coach for a chance after last night's heroics.

Was it Zidane or pressure from Perez? He clearly could not have been match fit/sharp enough to start Classico surely?

3 years.

1398442769_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg

Ronaldo dives like that to win a red card, does the card wave gesture after every foul and that celebration and he gets called an arrogant prick. Messi gets praised for it. I'll never understand these things. And I'm not saying he should be criticized for it, that was a great celebration. It's just that the ammount of people who genuinely dislike Ronaldo for no apparent reason is way too high.

No apparent reason? :lol:

No apparent reason? :lol:

He gets more people hating him even here in a Manchester United forum than someone like Suarez. It's ridiculous. If he comes across as arrogant is one thing, but you couldn't be more wrong.

I always hear the "Messi is a saint..Messi never dives..Messi is an honest player.." from a lot of my mates here (LA) that are into football. It's nauseating. Great player obviously and not quite a cheat on the Neymar or Suarez or Busquets level but my god does he not love that imaginary yellow and red card? There's a major double standard when it comes to Messi and Ronaldo. I think he's the chosen one in terms of who people want to like but let's not cover up his bad traits because they are there and they are plenty. He and Ronaldo are cut from the same cloth. Both great players, both difficult to like unless they play on your team.

He went hard. That's a two-footed challenge on a player and with the ball out of the picture. Intention, recklessness or sheer stupidity. You can choose from any of that terms, it's a clear red card.

But not a clear ban according to the always predictable RFEF, 1 match. Meanwhile Neymar for tying his boots dealt 3 match ban. Spain.

He gets more people hating him even here in a Manchester United forum than someone like Suarez. It's ridiculous. If he comes across as arrogant is one thing, but you couldn't be more wrong.

Okay, then. To hell with my having watched him all these years with my own two peepers. I'll just go ahead and take your word for it, whoever you are.

Okay, then. To hell with my having watched him all these years with my own two peepers. I'll just go ahead and take your word for it, whoever you are.

Well, it's easier to understand how he's like when you hear him talk for once. In fact that would probably be the best way to find out about someone's personality. But it doesn't matter anyway, you're allowed your opinion. It just gets tiring discussing about a football player with people who geniunely hate the guy and do everything to put his reputation down.

Well, it's easier to understand how he's like when you hear him talk for once. In fact that would probably be the best way to find out about someone's personality. But it doesn't matter anyway, you're allowed your opinion. It just gets tiring discussing about a football player with people who geniunely hate the guy and do everything to put his reputation down.
People dislike him ( I don't think anyone hates him) cause of his behavior on the pitch. Nobody of us knows him in person nor has talked with him to know what kind of person is he off the pitch, in real life.

Suarez is, as I heard, a really nice person off the pitch. Costa too.

I didn't see the full match but from what I've seen Villarreal out-Atletico'd Atletico tonight. It's amazing the way Villarreal keep recreating their team.

they sold Bailly and still managed to have the best defensive record (now second best) untill they lost to Alaves couple of weeks ago.

only Atletico have conceded fewer goals now, unsurprisingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.