La Liga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Neville kiss his badge in front of Liverpool fans? Don't think we had issues with it?
To take off your top and point at your name is a level of narcissism I haven't seen from Ronaldo, Ibra etc. It wouldn't bug me if he wasn't held up as a poster boy of fair play and humility.

On another note, André Gomes did stuff! Roberto's run was amazing.

Valencia 3 days before the first leg against Atletico might be their hardest game.

They're mercenaries that will save their form to bring their 110% that game looking for summer transfers, they already did the same against Barcelona

We need a loss. No way does Valencia beat Real at their place.

They can comfortably beat them while resting the starters.

Teams like Madrid and Barca, especially in clasicos also consider the 'pride' element. They are still in control in La Liga. Can afford even a draw and still take the title. Madrid is not in a dramatic situation, let's be honest. There is still a game in hand for them.

Pride shouldn't come in the way of common sense though. And even if you want to go for the winner, someone just foul Roberto :lol:. Anyway, I'm delighted Barca won.
Who was Ramos gesturing to after being sent off, or was it a generic hissy fit?
Seemed targeted at Pique. Well the two of them don't really get along so not surprising :lol:

To take off your top and point at your name is a level of narcissism I haven't seen from Ronaldo, Ibra etc. It wouldn't bug me if he wasn't held up as a poster boy of fair play and humility.

but taking your top off and doing hulk Hogan poses all the time is fine

It was great but my favourite is still that one where Messi and Ronaldo both scored twice, like it was a duel

Just went to see the highlights of that one and to get reminded. Great shout.

I'm still turning slightly towards this one but this is also probably because of the impression of what I just watched.

Real Madrid absolutely blew it. Just too greedy in the end. Going for the win with 10 men.

At least the title race is wide open now.

Don't think he has ever been held up as that. He doesn't throw himself on the ground like the usual suspects though.

He pointed to the Barcelona supporters and offered them that last goal, it wasn't a "here I am Bernabeu" moment, don't mix up things

Edit: Journos are correcting the info now, it seems it wasn't the Barcelona corner (they said it after the game)

Last edited:
Watch Barcelona feck up against Osasuna or some shit. :lol:

Basically 5 wins from 5 and one Madrid defeat will see them win it on H2H?

He pointed to the Barcelona supporters and offered them that last goal, it wasn't a "here I am Bernabeu" moment, don't mix up things
I love Messi and that ceebration as well, but that was a clear message to RM fans saying "remember the name" sort of stuff

Pride shouldn't come in the way of common sense though. And even if you want to go for the winner, someone just foul Roberto :lol:. Anyway, I'm delighted Barca won.

Seemed targeted at Pique. Well the two of them don't really get along so not surprising :lol:

Aren't they supposed to be close friends?

the "top" comments in Marca:

"I am Madrid fan but today I learned this from my team:
1) Ramos is not a captain, he auto-send off in all classics. And yet, Madrid plays better without him.
2) Bale has crystal bones,
3)Benzema is a trunk(striker without hip, who doesn´t move too much) and Casemiro does not know how to defend without hitting.
3) Kroos, Modric, Nacho and Marcelo, as always, with "cojones" and feeling the shirt.
4) Our bench is the starting eleven. Zidane laughable, ISCO, JAMES, MORATA and ASENSIO are starting 11.
5) Messi is the best in history."

"Madrid have thrown la liga. That is the summary, against a wounded Barça, Zidane brings out the fecking bbc and throws half a game. I was not happy with the equalizer, Messi's goal is fair, today we had to give everything and overwhelm Barca who also came out with fear, and instead gave them life, unfortunate.Deserved victory of Barça. if we are not able to win to this injured Barca at home, is for us to retire."

the "top" comments in Marca:

"I am Madrid fan but today I learned this from my team:
1) Ramos is not a captain, he auto-send off in all classics. And yet, Madrid plays better without him.
2) Bale has crystal bones,
3)Benzema is a trunk(striker without hip, who doesn´t move too much) and Casemiro does not know how to defend without hitting.
3) Kroos, Modric, Nacho and Marcelo, as always, with "cojones" and feeling the shirt.
4) Our bench is the starting eleven. Zidane laughable, ISCO, JAMES, MORATA and ASENSIO are starting 11.
5) Messi is the best in history."

"Madrid have thrown la liga. That is the summary, against a wounded Barça, Zidane brings out the fecking bbc and throws half a game. I was not happy with the equalizer, Messi's goal is fair, today we had to give everything and overwhelm Barca who also came out with fear, and instead gave them life, unfortunate.Deserved victory of Barça. if we are not able to win to this injured Barca at home, is for us to retire."

A fair rational "meltdown". I agree with almost everything. Disappointed there are no "jajaja" in the mix

I love Messi and that ceebration as well, but that was a clear message to RM fans saying "remember the name" sort of stuff

Indeed, now some journalist are saying Barcelona supporters weren't there.

My first thought when he did that was thinking of how people were talking this week about the humble Real Madrid fans and how they applauded Ronaldino.

Messi has had a lot of great displays in the Bernabeu and he never got that recognition, this celebration might be his petty revenge

A fair rational "meltdown". I agree with almost everything. Disappointed there are no "jajaja" in the mix
:lol: jeje.I agree with the part of Bale.Its frustating that he is injured so often,but the coach has to be brave enough to decide that he can't play,doesn't matter if it's the Big match.
Not sure about Benzema,he has up and downs.
Asensio will get more and more time.With this progression It will be inevitable.
Casemiro looks nervous lately.I don't remember him being so aggresive.Maybe he should test a while

:lol: jeje.I agree with the part of Bale.Its frustating that he is injured so often,but the coach has to be brave enough to decide that he can't play,doesn't matter if it's the Big match.
Asensio will get more and more time.With this progression It will be inevitable.
Casemiro looks nervous lately.I don't remember him being so aggresive.Maybe he should test a while

Benzema might have ups and downs, but Morata this season has had almost only ups and yet he doesn't get minutes

No point putting Bale in the starting eleven when he isn't fully recovered and specially when you have such talented players on the bench. I also think that Zidane should be more brave but you know how your club works in these high profile games.
Benzema, like Casemiro, look badly out of form. They shouldn't be automatic starters. There should be merit when getting to the starting 11.
Asensio will be a crack for sure. I really like the look of him.
Well Ramos, he does lose his mind in these games against Barça but he has won/been influencial player in some of the most important moments in Real's history. He isn't going to change with his age. It's an unfortunate part of his game.

When will English teams be as good as Real, Barca, Bayern and Juve? Watching the clasico made me realise again how inferior the PL's top teams are.

When will English teams be as good as Real, Barca, Bayern and Juve? Watching the clasico made me realise again how inferior the PL's top teams are.

When Ronaldo and Messi start losing influence or retire.

Probably some, but the difference in their squad players compared to the first eleven will probably be bigger at Celta?!

Celta have a great drop of quality beyond their 11/12 starter players, I can't imagine them stealing points from Madrid, even if they play half the Castilla squad

Probably one of the best el clasicos ive seen. Had everything but wasnt as dirty as some of the other ones with feigning injuries at every turn or challenge.
That Messi finish for the winner was fantastic but was avoidable. Marcelo needs to bring down the man earlier in the build up.
Also Suarez little bump to the defender to create the space for Messi shot to go in was fantastic.

This game confirmed that Messi isn't human and that Mercelo is simply the best LB on the planet right now. Real Madrid need to get another DM. As good as Casemiro is, you could tell that their defense shape was about to be screwed once he came off the pitch

You can see the slight dip in quality from both sides compared to what they were. Those last 15 minutes were chaotic madness but not in a good way. Poor game management from both sides

I can imagine the meltdown if Ronaldo did what Messi did, if he took off his top in front of the opposition fans and pointed at his name. :lol:
But because its Messi so he gets a leeway. I love Messi but this is double standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.