La Liga 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have to say I enjoyed Real's approach there, even if it backfired. A man down, stole an equaliser with a few minutes to go and Barca had to win to keep the title race alive. Sit back and secure the draw? Nah, feck it, let's go for the win.

Football is a lot more entertaining with naivety like that!

It's entertaining but it's simply stupid. I doubt it will cost them the league but without Ramos and with Varane and Pepe injured they might have a hard time with their last 6 games.

That was one of the best El Clasico matches that I witnessed. Simply amazing performance from both sides. Real will probably regret that they didn't shut down the game in those last few minutes but instead went for the kill.

All in all, truly great match.

Navas was to blame for that Messi winner. It was entirely save-able.

Sergi Roberto with another PSG moment

That's why I always say we lack "cantera" players in this era, what Sergi Roberto tried there in the 91'th minute is something only a guy who has cried in this games for 20 years is able to pull

That was one of the best El Clasico matches that I witnessed. Simply amazing performance from both sides. Real will probably regret that they didn't shut down the game in those last few minutes but instead went for the kill.

All in all, truly great match.

It was great but my favourite is still that one where Messi and Ronaldo both scored twice, like it was a duel

It's entertaining but it's simply stupid. I doubt it will cost them the league but without Ramos and with Varane and Pepe injured they might have a hard time with their last 6 games.
As a neutral spectator I prefer stupid and entertaining over clever and boring every day of the week, and twice on Sunday!

And there's still a debate on Messi vs Ronaldo?! :lol::nono:
Messi is the GOAT! Ronaldo, you can win the next 5 ballon d'ors but Messi will always be superior to you.
To be honest, Ronaldo have just scored 5 goals against Bayern in CL quarterfinals (with Messi being largely anonymous in his). So this is a bit of a knee-jerk reaction
Not that there is any question on who is the better player out of the two though (and there hasn't been since what, 2010? In 2009 it was still arguable)

Navas was to blame for that Messi winner. It was entirely save-able.

I thought he should have done better for the second actually. His stance is all wrong and he didn't push off into the dive at all. A top top calls goalie makes a better fist of it.

Takes his top off, points to his name in front of opposition fans.

What a cnut.

Played very well. Good finish. (Before the fanboys jump on me)

That's why I always say we lack "cantera" players in this era, what Sergi Roberto tried there in the 91'th minute is something only a guy who has cried in this games for 20 years is able to pull

Yeah i can relate to that. Sometimes i feel the same with Sporting, which like Barça has a great "cantera" tradition, sometimes forgotten because of random brazilians

I don't think my heart has still stopped pumping. What a moment to score your 500th goal. Also Sergie Roberto, what a legend :drool:

Real Madrid - Sevilla, Celta and Valencia left, adding the CL fixtures on top of them.

It's still theirs to lose. Don't see us winning it.

Well i'm not so sure. Won't be easy next Wednesday at Coruña with a depleted defence.

Ronaldo rues his big miss earlier.
2-2 would have been more fair imo and maybe a Real win but they didn't test Ter Stegen enough.
Great game though.

What a cnut.

Didn't Neville kiss his badge in front of Liverpool fans? Don't think we had issues with it?

What a cnut.

That's what rivalry is all about. It's nothing to moan about

Well i'm not so sure. Won't be easy next Wednesday at Coruña with a depleted defence.

I only count on Celta. The rest is easy.

Ronaldo rues his big miss earlier.
2-2 would have been more fair imo and maybe a Real win but they didn't test Ter Stegen enough.
Great game though.

Ter Stegen made like 10 saves!

Deportivo - Real
Real - Valencia
Celta - Real
Granada - Real
Real - Sevilla
Malaga-Real

Barça-Osasuna
Espanyol-Barça
Barça-Villarreal
Las Palmas-Barça
Barça-Eibar

Isn't the Celta match right before the Europa League semi final?

It's a clasico at home. If you feel you can win it, the fans and the heat of the moment will drive you forward.
There was no need for the win here. With ten men to snatch a draw is like a win and even more so as it would have effectively sealed the title.

Really surprising Modrić or Marcelo didn't make a professional foul on Sergi Roberto prior to goal.

I only count on Celta. The rest is easy.

Ter Stegen made like 10 saves!

Valencia 3 days before the first leg against Atletico might be their hardest game.

They're mercenaries that will save their form to bring their 110% that game looking for summer transfers, they already did the same against Barcelona

There was no need for the win here. With ten men to snatch a draw is like a win and even more so as it would have effectively sealed the title.

Teams like Madrid and Barca, especially in clasicos also consider the 'pride' element. They are still in control in La Liga. Can afford even a draw and still take the title. Madrid is not in a dramatic situation, let's be honest. There is still a game in hand for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.