La Liga - 2012/2013

I don't know the answer, please enlighten me.. How many penalties did Barcelona get this season??

You know that people on here believe that Barcelona get favored at home and get many penalties. That's what I'm saying. You've argued against it a lot so you should know. What you're doing is baiting the same argument again but it won't matter. You're still gonna get the same answers from people who says these things. Either they really think that and won't change their minds or they sort of think that so they type that shit out to annoy others.

Dafuq happened to him? He's been below par for over a season now

Actually he's been great this season; I think he meant that compared to Xavi-Iniesta-Busquets he's still the "worst" of the midfield.

You know that people on here believe that Barcelona get favored at home and get many penalties. That's what I'm saying. You've argued against it a lot so you should know. What you're doing is baiting the same argument again but it won't matter. You're still gonna get the same answers from people who says these things. Either they really think that and won't change their minds or they sort of think that so they type that shit out to annoy others.

Messi scored his 2nd penalty tonight, and compared to Ronaldo with 4 and Falcao with 6, he is still someway behind.

Edit:

Bein sport are doing a spot on the Ballon D'Or, and they say that Ronaldo is 14.44% effective for Real Madrid taking everything into account i.e. goals, assists, number of minutes played, number of shots he has had over the season. Messi is at 28.75% effectiveness for the same criteria.

Messi scored his 2nd penalty tonight, and compared to Ronaldo with 4 and Falcao with 6, he is still someway behind.

Edit:

Bein sport are doing a spot on the Ballon D'Or, and they say that Ronaldo is 14.44% effective for Real Madrid taking everything into account i.e. goals, assists, number of minutes played, number of shots he has had over the season. Messi is at 28.75% effectiveness for the same criteria.

I wasn't after a count. The actual numbers were irrelevant to my point. I was just telling Danny to not waste his time basically. If I know someone is a creationist I don't go mentioning evolution to them. Nothing good comes of it.

Some ridiculous flowing moves by Barcelona in the 2nd half... it's unreal at times.

Hence my question.. Why would anybody get that impression this season when Barcelona has been given very few penalties this season, and in fact denied many legitimate ones.. :confused:

Hence my question.. Why would anybody get that impression this season when Barcelona has been given very few penalties this season, and in fact denied many legitimate ones.. :confused:

Because they don't watch Barcelona much and they do watch Manchester United a lot and Barcelona get more penalties, usually, and usually one or two of them over the course of the season is because of diving and they remember that shit like their own birthday. In the process they completely neglect all the penalties that weren't given.
Barcelona and Real Madrid are two of the most offensive teams in the world. In Spain every handball is a foul. They should, statistically, get a lot of penalties.

So that's 36 goals and 9 assists in 27 games for Messi

Also:

Lionel Messi has hit the post 11 times this season #fcblive 7 times for Barcelona - 4 times for Argentina [via @messi10stats]

Time for Atletico, without their 2 best players. Lets see if Adrian can kick on after his wonderstrike before the break.

Also:

Lionel Messi has hit the post 11 times this season #fcblive 7 times for Barcelona - 4 times for Argentina [via @messi10stats]

Are those stats for internationals as well? I really don't like it if it has become a thing to lump in your national record with the club record. Those should be kept separate.

Also:

Another official statistic for Barcelona confirmed:

Longest scoring run in the League:

36 games in 1942–43 to 1943–44 season.

They will beat this record should they beat Malaga on the 13th of January. Having scored 61 goals in only 18 matches, it is very possible that not only do they have a chance of matching or even beating Real Madrids scoring record, but also the points record.

Are those stats for internationals as well? I really don't like it if it has become a thing to lump in your national record with the club record. Those should be kept separate.

No only club, just the twitter bit about woodwork included Argentina stats.

Messi 2012/13
- club: 27 apps (25 starts), 36 goals, 9 assists (3 pen./2 free-kicks)
- country: 6 apps (6 starts), 5 goals, 0 assists (0 pen./2 free-kicks)

Particularly over the course of these past 5 seasons, the club gets very few penalties considering how much possession they have in & around the opponents box. Throw in Messi who is like a weeble that is routinely knocked, kicked & fouled and is denied many penalties. I'm always surprised when a penalty is finally awarded but there are far more that are never whistled

Reminds me of the handicapping they do for horse racing with added weights