La Liga - 2012/2013

Lads, there were sarcastic undertones to my not the biggest fan comment, no biggie.

Good ball there from Higuain there, sent him a bit wide though.

I have no problem with you Phil. I will tell it like it is. I am not a Real Madrid fan, and never will be, although I do respect what they have done for football over the last few decades. They haven't won 9 Champions leagues/European Cups for nothing and they have had great players, but for me, it stops there.

La liga results won't have a bearing on what happens in the CL tie I think. They'll raise their game against us no matter their form.

Has the co commentator mentioned he not impressed by Real Sociedad's lack of effort tonight?

besides those three goals -one of them out of a penalty kick- prieto didnt do much

on the other hand ronaldo scored two great goals, was the reason why estrad was sent out and played really well

IMO Ronaldo was the MOTM

besides those three goals -one of them out of a penalty kick- prieto didnt do much

on the other hand ronaldo scored two great goals, was the reason why estrad was sent out and played really well

IMO Ronaldo was the MOTM

Ronaldo had 14 shots on goal.

Prieto had 4.

You really need to give the shots/goal stat a rest.

If we are talking about efficiency then it is relevant. Scoring 2 goals gives Ronaldo a 14% scoring efficiency. Prieto scored 3 out of 4 which is a great deal superior. It is about who is the most efficient in front of goal. Like I said, for this season, RVP is very efficient with his shot selection and he takes only 3.2 shots per game.

IMO Ronaldo was the MOTM

Usually I agree with you, but not on this. He was horrendously selfish today... 67 touches on the ball, 14 shots... that's a shot every 5 times he touched the ball. He didn't complete a single cross (0/3) or through ball (0/2) and had an overall of 67% passing accuracy on only 33 (!) attempted passes.

He almost had a shot for every 2 passes he made in the game. :lol:
And he had a better free-kick in this game saved by the keeper than the one he actually scored.

Every player in that Barcelona team apart from the CB probably and their GK is able to beat players on a constant basis. A joy to watch.

They tried last season, pressing them really high up the pitch and unsettling their defence a lot.

They still lost 5-1. :lol:

Well looks like they are in for a repeat tonight.

Than on the other hand this team might just not be capable of dealing with this Barca team, considering their position in the league this might actually be the main reason, still they look extremely passive.