La Liga - 2012/2013

It doesn't matter if Jesus Christ plays on the left, God in the middle or the Holy Goost on the right it stil the manager who have to be in charge.

You try to portrait Casilias as something above the law, in the end he's only one piece in puzzle of eleven to make a full picture. If report are true and he dislike Ronaldo then his behavior is discussing, a captain who show his dislike to a teammate so openly is a rotten egg, no matter how smoothly he talk and walks.

The rest of your post is breathing arrogance.

Actually, I'm merely stating facts not going on a religious tangent or claiming innuendo & rumours as fact. Rather than arrogance, that would reflect ignorance.

Iker is unique in the squad for all the obvious reasons, not the least of which is that he's actually a cantera player who grew up just down the street from the club. Nevermind all the trophies he's won and the way he has Captain'd both NT & club for more than a decade. His resume is bigger & better than anyone at the club, including the manager.

To me this suggests Mourinho is not confident about eliminating us in the Champions League. The man is not an idiot he knows Madrid's season rests on the European Cup if he thought for sure Madrid could beat us he would never have done something so provocative as to drop 'San Iker'.

Mourinho knows that what he has done has forced talk of his future up the agenda and he also knows, given the club Madrid are, that that talk is unlikely to end up with a decision in his favour.

Mourinho has looked at the situation and thought to himself the key players are undermining me, Ronaldo is not happy with the club, and even if we get past United its likely at some stage we'll have to face Barcelona and decided to force Perez to push him out rather than let the charade continue.

If Mourinho was confident about getting past us he would've just kept it quiet and let things tick on until the tie, go through the rounds won his European Cup and quit a winner. He clearly doesn't feel that will happen so now he wants to be forced out before he is fired for being a loser: For Mou it'd be far better to lose his job during the winter break as the apparent result of a power struggle than to be cut lose the morning after being eliminated from Europe.

Had Madrid drawn Porto or something Mourinho would not be behaving like this.

Mourinho is way too confident to assume they're out of the Champions League because they'd drawn us. He'd have benched Casillas anyway, what he's trying to achieve here is to send a message that he's in charge and his decisions must be respected - what he'll really achieve is to turn it into a full on war.

But there's a difference between Mourinho and Ferguson. One of them thinks he's bigger than the club and that he doesn't have to respect what the club stands for. So when a club legend decides that there's seriously something going the wrong way he should be allowed to speak up. Mourinho isn't fighting for Real, he's fighting for himself.

This is the key part. None of us have no idea what's going on behind the closed doors. And btw. What does Real Madrid stands for? Not exactly angels in my book. It's easy to point at Mou and blame him.

Actually, I'm merely stating facts not going on a religious tangent or claiming innuendo & rumours as fact. Rather than arrogance, that would reflect ignorance.

Iker is unique in the squad for all the obvious reasons, not the least of which is that he's actually a cantera player who grew up just down the street from the club. Nevermind all the trophies he's won and the way he has Captain'd both NT & club for more than a decade. His resume is bigger & better than anyone at the club, including the manager.

Iker is Spanish playing for RM and have ambitions. That says what you need to know. His resume means feck all when the manager picks the team, when he and others understands this then you also understand the rest. Any other way would open the door to anarchy.

It's easy to point to Mourinho and blame him because he left under a shitstorm at Porto, Chelsea, Inter and now Madrid. Of course he has to take some of the blame. He either has a huge personality clash with those in charge or he shows a complete lack of respect for the club when he decides to leave.

Precisely why I say comparing a club legend & champion like Iker to a rent-a-manager like Mou who always creates drama & unrest before skipping out is really apples to oranges

The club, or in this case Perez, has hedged his bets as well as club's integrity, history & legends on success with a mercenary who never sticks around to rebuild from the fallout. That's fine at a lot of clubs but those that purport to be soaked in tradition, honor etc. tarnish their image & legacy

When you kick your legends to the curb for the hopes of glory, you better hope you attain that glory...otherwise, there is hell to pay

Did he actually say Adan is better than Casillas? That's pretty stupid for him to say.
i mean if your point was to bench a player like Casillas in the hopes of making a point then saying that was like a driving a knife. This won't end well. Another merry go round circus.

Precisely why I say comparing a club legend & champion like Iker to a rent-a-manager like Mou who always creates drama & unrest before skipping out is really apples to oranges

The club, or in this case Perez, has hedged his bets as well as club's integrity, history & legends on success with a mercenary who never sticks around to rebuild from the fallout. That's fine at a lot of clubs but those that purport to be soaked in tradition, honor etc. tarnish their image & legacy

When you kick your legends to the curb for the hopes of glory, you better hope you attain that glory...otherwise, there is hell to pay

:lol:
You make iker sound like some saint or something.

His résumé as a manager doesn't compare to Mourinho's. Irrespective of Jose's failings, Casillas comes across as being beyond reproach in the RM dressing room, and that's not right. A player (just one eleventh of the line up) shouldn't carry so much weight in terms of undermining the manager.

Hell, if the Madridistas love Casillas and his gilded résumé so much, why don't they just appoint him as manager and be done with it? After all, he's so much more qualified, no?

From an outsider's perspective, it looks like Mourinho is trying to get himself sacked to avoid the ignominy of an awful league campaign and no tenth European Cup.

P.S. Come home Ronnie!

Why would Mourinho try and get sacked? I don't think that's the case at all, otherwise why would he bother making subs to try and win last nights game?

I just don't think he's doing a very good job.

It's probably a case of trying to confront the issues that have been festering for ages and then get over them, rather than trying to get sacked. Dropping San Iker probably isn't the best way to go about that, it has to be said.

I don't really follow La Liga, but I just took a quick peek at the current table and was surprised to see that Real is 16(!) points behind Barca and 7 points behind Atletico Madrid. Real is actually closer to being 14th than 1st.

With Malaga being only 2 points behind Real, there's a genuine chance that they'll finish 4th this season. If that happens and Real fails to win the CL and the Spanish Cup, then surely Mourinho will be sacked?

I sort of want this to happen, as it will teach all the muppets out there a lesson. Having a successful manager + money and power to sign pretty much any player you want, does not guarantee consistent success.

[/B][/LEFT]

It doesn't matter if Jesus Christ plays on the left, God in the middle or the Holy Goost on the right it stil the manager who have to be in charge.

You try to portrait Casilias as something above the law, in the end he's only one piece in puzzle of eleven to make a full picture. If report are true and he dislike Ronaldo then his behavior is disgusting, a captain who show his dislike to a teammate so openly is a rotten egg, no matter how smoothly he talk and walks.

The rest of your post is breathing arrogance.

So, why now of all times? They sacked some great managers who have won more than Mourinho for absolutely nothing. I have seen old Real Madrid teams play in harmony and regardless of the stand out player in the team, Casillas has always been supportive of his colleagues. Only now this has changed since Mourinho has managed them that there are factions.

Mourinho stated that there are 3 players in the group who are causing problems, if as you say that Casillas is one of them, then who are the others, because I am sure that Mourinho will back his Portuguese contingent to the hilt.

As for the circus surrounding Real Madrid, it is well known, and as such, the likes of Ronaldo and Mourinho wanted to join so, they made their beds so, they should be made to rest. After all, it is Ronaldo's "dream club", that he always wanted to play with as a child. As far as I am concerned, the further Mourinho stays away from Old Trafford, the better.

Remember what our manager said. As soon as a player think he's more important then the manager then it's only one decision to do. Show the player who's in charge or leave the club.

I have had a lot of respect for Casillias and how he handle himself but lately he act more like a politician then a professional footballer. If the report are true and there are two fractions in the dressing room then Iker is to blame. As a captain his role is to united, not lead a group who seeks confrontation and tries to undermine their manager. The similarities with the Big Man is nothing he should be proud of.

I'm sure that Mou is well aware of what the decision to bench his captain can do to him, sacking is a highly possible option but at the same time the alternative was maybe worse.

Iker Casillias will probably wins this fight but I'm not sure the history will be nice to him when every detail of this story is leaked. His wife Sara and her friends will back him in the beginning but truth had a tendency to come out, sonnet or later.

The day Ferguson retires and a new manager takes his place, I'd be furious if Giggs or Scholes tried to circumvent his authority, or make him look foolish in public.

I think you guys are being a little bit harsh to Casillas - IF & only IF reports are to be believed.

Mourinho wants the players to criticize referees more, to hate the Barca (Spanish) contingent etc. so if this is indeed true, then how can you blame Casillas for being a "decent" bloke?

If Mourinho came to United, & he wanted Giggs & Scholes to harass a ref - (see Anders Frisk etc), would you guys be ok with them behaving in that manner?

I can understand what Miurinho is trying to build - a strong team, siege mentality etc, but I can indeed understand it if Casillas & co aren't comfortable with that.

It's easy to point to Mourinho and blame him because he left under a shitstorm at Porto, Chelsea, Inter and now Madrid. Of course he has to take some of the blame. He either has a huge personality clash with those in charge or he shows a complete lack of respect for the club when he decides to leave.

What shit storm at Porto?

I think we can absolve him of any responsibility for eat happened with Chelsea too, given Abramovucs recent actions.

I think you guys are being a little bit harsh to Casillas - IF & only IF reports are to be believed.

Mourinho wants the players to criticize referees more, to hate the Barca (Spanish) contingent etc. so if this is indeed true, then how can you blame Casillas for being a "decent" bloke?

If Mourinho came to United, & he wanted Giggs & Scholes to harass a ref - (see Anders Frisk etc), would you guys be ok with them behaving in that manner?

I can understand what Miurinho is trying to build - a strong team, siege mentality etc, but I can indeed understand it if Casillas & co aren't comfortable with that.

I have read this too on many sites and that is trying to effectively creating a division between the Spanish players. He cannot accept that the Spanish national are strong and he most certainly hates the idea of Real Madrid players and Barca players hugging each other. If there were any divisions created, it was by Mourinho himself, Casillas is just a professional player who wants to play in a stable environment with Real Madrid and Spain.

Interesting. So they were a joke of a club run by idiots and now it's all Mourinho's fault.

I think he overestimated his ability, probably thought he's so good that it would all go smoother with him. It didn't. But since he's not as easy to get rid off like the ones before him, it is all descending into a worse state affairs than it did with other managers.

Some of Mourinho's latest decisions (Ronaldo's praising coming to mind) seem to make me suspect that he's kind of given up and is now partly joking with the situation until the inevitable sack comes. I mean, he's one of the smartest managers around, surely he's aware that none of these tactics are going to make his job easier.

If there is at least a glimpse of truth in that it's awful by him. I've really disliked Real ever since the first Galacticos era. But even if they're a circus, it was Mourinho's choice to join them, and it's his obligation to do his best to control the damage until his very last minute at the club.

I don't even need a source to believe that.. It's actually (and always was) part of his tactics as a manager in all the teams he managed.

I think it's a bit daft the sheer amount of "protection" Casillas is getting around here. Surely it's not right to disrespect a club's legend, but how is it benching him such a terrible thing? It never happening before it's probably what was wrong all along. Any player should be ready to face that once in a while, and many times it happens for more than footballing reasons. People around here seem to have bought into the idea that Casillas should be untouchable.

Mourinho might just be trying to make a point. Or he may be trying to be fired, which is an awfully unethical behaviour, as I suggested above. Whatever it is, we don't know. What I do know is that Mourinho has a tendency to protect and forge great relations with his players, not to antagonize them. So I will give him the benefit of doubt until proven otherwise.

Casillas was benched for one match, it's not like Mourinho is trying to sell him.

Surely we know this won't turn out well for Mou, but isn't there actually a chance that he actually had a reason to do it?

I think there are multiple reasons why he benched Casillas.

First of all he doesn't have the best relationship with him because he thinks Casillas is the one that told the press things that shouldn't have left the dressing room.

Like someone mentioned above, Mourinho is believed to be the one responsible for the increased animosity towards the Barcelona camp, something Casillas wasn't very happy about seeing as he has some good friends from the national team over there and he wants to keep it that way.

But the biggest factor in my opinion, is that an ordinary sacking for not winning enough wouldn't look good on his CV, that's why I think he's stepped up his circus act with the benching of Casillas. This way the press has enough gossip to talk about in the 2 week break, instead of analyzing the football and the 16 point gap with Barcelona.

I've been thinking about this today and I think I'm done with Mourinho. He might be one of the best managers around, maybe even better than Del Bosque, Pellegrini or Shuster, but at least they made me feel like they gave a damn about our club. A feeling I've never really had with Mourinho, which has been stronger than ever in the last few weeks.

I don't know what the solution is for the club at the moment, I really don't. I hope the club makes the right decision though. The worst mistakes in recent memory have been the sackings of Del Bosque and Pellegrini, which were put in motion by Florentino. So if he decides to sack Mourinho and cost us an extra 20m, maybe he should pack it in along with him. It's clear to see for everyone that something needs to change and I don't think it ever will with this man at the helm.

I think it's a bit daft the sheer amount of "protection" Casillas is getting around here. Surely it's not right to disrespect a club's legend, but how is it benching him such a terrible thing? It never happening before it's probably what was wrong all along. Any player should be ready to face that once in a while, and many times it happens for more than footballing reasons. People around here seem to have bought into the idea that Casillas should be untouchable.

Mourinho might just be trying to make a point. Or he may be trying to be fired, which is an awfully unethical behaviour, as I suggested above. Whatever it is, we don't know. What I do know is that Mourinho has a tendency to protect and forge great relations with his players, not to antagonize them. So I will give him the benefit of doubt until proven otherwise.

Casillas was benched for one match, it's not like Mourinho is trying to sell him.

Surely we know this won't turn out well for Mou, but isn't there actually a chance that he actually had a reason to do it?

For me his timing indicates that they aren't footballing reasons, because if they were then he'd have benched Casillas a couple of weeks ago when the situation would still have been salvageable...

I think you have it spot on Vato.

The real issue isn't that he benched Casillas, as Arruda said it is just one game, but it is missing the point. The issue is that he has completely lost control of the dressing room and is clearly in conflict with one of the most influential players at the club, not to mention internationally. A proper football team should run far smoother than this, it's just a fecking shambles.

First of all he doesn't have the best relationship with him because he thinks Casillas is the one that told the press things that shouldn't have left the dressing room.

Like someone mentioned above, Mourinho is believed to be the one responsible for the increased animosity towards the Barcelona camp, something Casillas wasn't very happy about seeing as he has some good friends from the national team over there and he wants to keep it that way.

But the biggest factor in my opinion, is that an ordinary sacking for not winning enough wouldn't look good on his CV, that's why I think he's stepped up his circus act with the benching of Casillas. This way the press has enough gossip to talk about in the 2 week break, instead of analyzing the football and the 16 point gap with Barcelona.

I've been thinking about this today and I think I'm done with Mourinho. He might be one of the best managers around, maybe even better than Del Bosque, Pellegrini or Shuster, but at least they made me feel like they gave a damn about our club. A feeling I've never really had with Mourinho, which has been stronger than ever in the last few weeks.

I don't know what the solution is for the club at the moment, I really don't. I hope the club makes the right decision though. The worst mistakes in recent memory have been the sackings of Del Bosque and Pellegrini, which were put in motion by Florentino. So if he decides to sack Mourinho and cost us an extra 20m, maybe he should pack it in along with him. It's clear to see for everyone that something needs to change and I don't think it ever will with this man at the helm.

A completely unbiased point of view. Brilliant post!!

I think you have it spot on Vato.

The real issue isn't that he benched Casillas, as Arruda said it is just one game, but it is missing the point. The issue is that he has completely lost control of the dressing room and is clearly in conflict with one of the most influential players at the club, not to mention internationally. A proper football team should run far smoother than this, it's just a fecking shambles.

The fact is this, the players at Chelsea or Inter were just a bunch of sheep, willing to do whatever he said, however, when it came to Real Madrid, he didn't like the idea of people questioning his reasons as to why they should hate or dislike their colleagues who play for the same national team.

A completely unbiased point of view. Brilliant post!!

The fact is this, the players at Chelsea or Inter were just a bunch of sheep, willing to do whatever he said, however, when it came to Real Madrid, he didn't like the idea of people questioning his reasons as to why they should hate or dislike their colleagues who play for the same national team.
It is the same with all top managers, they want their players to be followers not challengers. Fergie backed Keane as long as he thought he was not detrimental to the club, got rid unceremoniously later. Same with Beckham, as soon as his circus got too big to handle, SAF sold him as well. At the end of the day, Mourinhio was the one responsible for bringing success against Barca, someone like Casillas who seems to be hero-worshiped by many was never going to draw any flak for failure.

Besides, calling Chelsea players sheep is not true since they revolted under AVB, same with Inter who did not take any kind of liking to Benitez. Jose for all his faults does have in him to generate bonds with players. He also uses a similar version of us against the wold mentality Fergie forged at United during 90s and early 00s when ABUism was at its height. Even Fergie's comments yesterday aimed at referee and the Swansea player are part of the similar play.

I agree with almost all of Vato says but I think Madrid fans need to blame their club in this instance rather than the manager. In fact fans have been part of the reason why the club is shambles ATM. Their unwillingness to accept the greatness of current Barca team has led to this situation.

It is the same with all top managers, they want their players to be followers not challengers. Fergie backed Keane as long as he thought he was not detrimental to the club, got rid unceremoniously later. Same with Beckham, as soon as his circus got too big to handle, SAF sold him as well. At the end of the day, Mourinhio was the one responsible for bringing success against Barca, someone like Casillas who seems to be hero-worshiped by many was never going to draw any flak for failure.

Besides, calling Chelsea players sheep is not true since they revolted under AVB, same with Inter who did not take any kind of liking to Benitez. Jose for all his faults does have in him to generate bonds with players. He also uses a similar version of us against the wold mentality Fergie forged at United during 90s and early 00s when ABUism was at its height. Even Fergie's comments yesterday aimed at referee and the Swansea player are part of the similar play.

I agree with almost all of Vato says but I think Madrid fans need to blame their club in this instance rather than the manager. In fact fans have been part of the reason why the club is shambles ATM. Their unwillingness to accept the greatness of current Barca team has led to this situation.

Real Madrid fans have always been like this though. However, you cannot say that Mourinho hasn't been given any slack though. For someone who has shamed Real Madrid by poking the eye of a fellow professional on live tv, for someone who criticises his own players (the Spanish contingent, and never the Portuguese contingent it seems), for someone who asks his players to criticise referees and to divide the Spanish national team, if that had been any other manager, he would have gone a long time ago.

Such an easy thing to say after a string of poor results, and really what a completely pointless "argument" (if it can even be qualified as one). Did Mourinho not look like he cared when he bent down to his knees in the penalty shoot-out v Bayern last season ?

It was clear as daylight that Mou would divide the club in to two fractions, this is part of his DNA. As long as the club is successful he will have it his way but when results is going against him things will change.

Spanish clubs in general and specially Real Madrid is much about politics, its the downside of the election system. Foreign players and managers don't pay so much attention to this but a home grown star like Iker Casilias knows exactly how it works, and now the Casilias family have chose to jump of the boat and switch side. Probably many other Spanish players will follow before it's all over for the Special One.

A club who tolerate a a player, especially their captain, who openly is against their best goalscorer and don't celebrate when he scores is a club with deep problems. Imagine this circus in United? Like I said before I have always respected Iker, he seems like a level headed guy who knows how to handle things, but lately things have changed. His latest actions shows a cold hammered personality who are more interested in his own reputation then what is best for the club. Forcing Mou out is probably his plan but it's a dangerous one because if he's unlucky many other portuguese players will follow their manager, sooner or later. Then the club are back on square one again. As often in dirty political dramas.

please explain..? Could you give me some examples of this and which has had a direct influence on the club?

thanks

please explain..? Could you give me some examples of this and which has had a direct influence on the club?

thanks
Sacking of Pelligrini for one. The team played good football under and amassed a good amount of point total but it was only about beating Barca and given Jose achieved that with Inter, he was put in. At one point you have to stop the mindless comparisons and persist with what you have. But Madrid's fans' hang up with trophies/Barca is superceded only the respective one shown by Liverpool fans'. All the incessant white handkerchief waving, booing their own players was a common fixture some time ago and may as well return soon enough if they get dumped out of CL to go along with the debacle in league.

Besides I have met many a Madrid fans and likes of Vato are well in a minority unfortunately. Most are spoiled fecks who are happy with likes of Perez spending gazillion dollars to amass galacticos.

Mourinho's job hangs in the balance

As the Spanish League prepares for it's two week break, Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho may have to face up to the fact he's the least popular man in Madrid this Christmas.

Stats released from Spanish Mail shows that an astonishing 75% of letters sent to Santa this year have called for the "Special One" to be sacked!

Mourinho beat rivals Barcelona to the La Liga title last term, but this year has been a disaster for the former Chelsea manager as his team sits third in the table an astonishing SIXTEEN points behind the league leaders. This comes after losses in the Copa Del Rey and coming second in an easy Champions League group.

REAL MADRID LATEST

Mourinho, pictured here in his 4 million pound home, is currently hated by a majority of the Real Madrid sport, and certain letters to Santa released to the press today, show just how unpopular the Portuguese manager is.

"Please can you get rid of Mourinho" writes Jose aged 6, "His football smells."

Maia aged 8 doesn't go much easier, "Please Santa get rid of the nasty Mourinho, I've been a good girl this year."

Things aren't totally bleak for Mourinho however, the manager signed a new multi million contract earlier in the year and reports in Spain indicate the middle aged man might have started a stunning romance with the famous singer Danni Minogue.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/12/24/3626078/Mourinho-Santa-Letters-Hated

Mourinho's job hangs in the balance

As the Spanish League prepares for it's two week break, Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho may have to face up to the fact he's the least popular man in Madrid this Christmas.

Stats released from Spanish Mail shows that an astonishing 75% of letters sent to Santa this year have called for the "Special One" to be sacked!

Mourinho beat rivals Barcelona to the La Liga title last term, but this year has been a disaster for the former Chelsea manager as his team sits third in the table an astonishing SIXTEEN points behind the league leaders. This comes after losses in the Copa Del Rey and coming second in an easy Champions League group.

REAL MADRID LATEST

Mourinho, pictured here in his 4 million pound home, is currently hated by a majority of the Real Madrid sport, and certain letters to Santa released to the press today, show just how unpopular the Portuguese manager is.

"Please can you get rid of Mourinho" writes Jose aged 6, "His football smells."

Maia aged 8 doesn't go much easier, "Please Santa get rid of the nasty Mourinho, I've been a good girl this year."

Things aren't totally bleak for Mourinho however, the manager signed a new multi million contract earlier in the year and reports in Spain indicate the middle aged man might have started a stunning romance with the famous singer Danni Minogue.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/12/24/3626078/Mourinho-Santa-Letters-Hated

:lol:

Madrid's group in the CL wasn't "easy" though..

It says everything about Goal.com that I clicked the link, thinking that article might be on their site. :D