La Liga - 2012/2013

Their style is far from impressive, I agree, but Spanish side is mostly built around Barcelona players. Take away Barca's contribution to the national team and Spain wouldn't really look so great, although there are certainly quality Spanish players available too - Isco, Muniain, Herrera to name a few.

Real started rebuilding the team in 2009 when Ronaldo arrived. There were several great spanish players available, some left for England, some went to Barca. Villareal, Valencia were build around quality spanish players back then, for example. Not one ended up at Real (besides Alonso).

Why sell Carvajal this season to Leverkusen, when you don't have a quality right back? Selling him and bringing in Essien on loan is unbelievable stupid. I really don't get it. It's not all about Barca. Madrid's making some serious mistakes when it comes to spanish players, imo.

Mourinho has to realise that when you manage possibly the greatest club in the world, the 'Special One' act wears thin... you have to adapt your persona in order to manage a club of that magnitude and sensitivity carefully. At City for example, it would be 'his' club.. everywhere he has gone he's managed to stamp his personality on the team and the players are in awe of him, fully dedicated to the cause.

At Madrid there has always been the feeling that some of the players are not overly in awe of him, their team never feels like a 100% united outfit, they play like a team of individuals who are willing to put aside personal issues in order to win, whereas Barcelona are all singing off the same hymn page.

Don't think Jose is necessarily a poor manager, but I feel this job was too big for him and he didn't have the awareness to realise he had to adapt his style/personality in order to fit in.

Porto, Chelsea, Inter... Madrid, its a different kettle of fish entirely.

It's just football but feck me its great isn't it? When do we think he will leave now, surely this changes everything?

49 Barcelona
40 Atletico Madrid
33 Real Madrid
31 Malaga

I've never seen league standings displayed like this. For whatever reason I really like it. Good to see a new team in the top 2. I wonder if Atletico can hold onto their players better if they keep second.

Raees said:
Mourinho has to realise that when you manage possibly the greatest club in the world, the 'Special One' act wears thin... you have to adapt your persona in order to manage a club of that magnitude and sensitivity carefully. At City for example, it would be 'his' club.. everywhere he has gone he's managed to stamp his personality on the team and the players are in awe of him, fully dedicated to the cause.

At Madrid there has always been the feeling that some of the players are not overly in awe of him, their team never feels like a 100% united outfit, they play like a team of individuals who are willing to put aside personal issues in order to win, whereas Barcelona are all singing off the same hymn page.

Don't think Jose is necessarily a poor manager, but I feel this job was too big for him and he didn't have the awareness to realise he had to adapt his style/personality in order to fit in.

Porto, Chelsea, Inter... Madrid, its a different kettle of fish entirely.

Yep, and SAF warned him about it.

It's just football but feck me its great isn't it? When do we think he will leave now, surely this changes everything?

Surely he is gone before the start of next season. Even if he turns things around and wins Europe I'm guessing the higher ups have already started looking for or found his replacement. Is he United-bound next season? I wish we could have SAF for another year or two but this may just force the issue?

Christ, it's actually looking more realistic by the day that they might finish behind Atletico. That'll be absolutely embarrasing to be honest considering the resources Madrid have at their disposal. In the context of their city rivals possibly finishing ahead of them, that'll be their worst league campaign in 18 years I think.

I've never seen league standings displayed like this. For whatever reason I really like it. Good to see a new team in the top 2. I wonder if Atletico can hold onto their players better if they keep second.

Got a feeling Atletico will pinch second.

Shame you aren't playing Real now in the CL, you would thump them.

He doubled down by benching him...we'll see what comes next

pro_photo1356209400.jpg

He deserves to be subbed just for wearing those socks.

Maybe the question should now be: tonight or tomorrow? :lol:

Could be angling to get fired so he can secure his hefty payout. Perez made a deal with the devil, now he'll have to pay up

Sacking him just isn't the solution and will only cost the club more money. He should finish the season. Winning the league over Barcelona last season has earned him that much surely? If we win the CL this season all of this will soon be forgotten.

Marca puts the boot in:

Far from the end of the match, which was again a collective rapid, unhinged by unjustifiable technical decisions in a team that finished once again, playing kick and rush.

This is Marca's "quote of the day" -- did he really say that?
Marca in English:

"I'm not considering quitting and I’m not worried about my job", said the Portuguese, who, as soon as he sat down, was asked what reasons he had for leaving Iker Casillas on the bench. "Adán is better", he said. "The work put in by the goalie that played has not been at all significant in the result".

It seems he didn't exactly say "Adán is better".

Asked whether he had relegated the Spain international to the bench because he believed Adan was the better keeper, Mourinho said: "In my opinion? Of course.

"As it's the opinion that counts, as it's the coach who chooses and as I consider the opinions of my assistants valid we decided," added the Portuguese. "It seems to me...the work of the keeper who played had absolutely no bearing on the outcome of the game. The coach analyses the situation and analyses the players available, chooses the team to play. You can invent all the stories you like but it's a purely technical decision and nothing more."