La Liga - 2012/2013

I'm not sure, sacking him without having a decent replacement ready doesn't seem like a good idea at the moment.
Aye, but Real used to sack their managers when they weren't so shit. And they also didn't have a decent replacement.

49 Barcelona
40 Atletico Madrid
33 Real Madrid
31 Malaga

I won't be surprised to see them sack Jose. He despite being given the most power to a manager in Madrids history has seemingly the alienated the Spanish Players, is sixteen points behind the leaders, finished second in his Champions League group and lost in the first leg to Copa Del Rey.

Poor work really.

And beat the Greatest Team Of All Time to a league title this year.

Well that was fun.

Now for the real fun - the press conference and then the Christmas hiatus gossip column bloodbath.

That is true but I wish we stopped switching managers more often than underpants.
But Mourinho was never going to stay at Madrid for long.

It's going to be interesting. Perez has a huge dilemma, methinks.

Mou dared Real to fire him. Even the Caf Jinx Horse couldn't save him tonight.

I think some of your players need an epic kick up the arse. They just don't look arsed

The trouble is Mourinho's been kicking them all season, frequently in public. Too much stick and no carrots has brought out the worst in some of the players Mourinho needed on his side.

This all started with the arrogance of the Real Madrid hierarchy upsetting C Ronaldo. They did not appreciate his contribution, which was critical. Now his heart is gone from the club and Madrid are a bag of cock. Cue the descent into chaos and the sacking of Jose.

Fascinating to see what happens next at Madrid, accepted wisdom has been that Mourinho will last the season whatever happens but if he's going to get sacked surely now is the time it's going to happen. Mou vs Casillas, Ramos, Alonso etc., is a battle I suspect he won't win. Watching this space...

No idea why Madrid ever got rid of Pelligrini in the first place.

I'm sure this has been covered loads on here but can someone just sum up briefly what all this unrest between Mourinho and the players is actually about. Why was Casillas dropped?

Málaga is such a fun team to watch this season. feck their owners. Feel really sorry for them for getting kicked out of Europe next season.

Mou doing the press conference now.

Says he dropped Casillas because he picks the team, it's just a management decision.

16 pts, benching San Iker and going into the winter break with one of the worst starts possible. Mou's act always wears out but it should make for a very interesting next few weeks in the capital

I'm not really a Mourinho fan but I hope he kicks Ramos' teeth in before going to the Job Centre.

Not their biggest problem, but Real are deeply missing Marcelo IMO. Hopefully he doesn't make the first leg of the tie.

This all started with the arrogance of the Real Madrid hierarchy upsetting C Ronaldo. They did not appreciate his contribution, which was critical. Now his heart is gone from the club and Madrid are a bag of cock. Cue the descent into chaos and the sacking of Jose.

At the same time, Mourinho should not be criticising certain players and praising others i.e. Ronaldo in public. If you win as a team, you win as a team, if you lose, you lose as a team. No one player should be singled out regardless. The way Mourinho singled out Ronaldo for praise last week was downright diabolical considering his already strained relationship with other players.

"I do not plan to resign and not fear for my job." Mourinho's words left to clear is calm about his future. On the substitution of Iker: "It is a technical decision. I think Adam is better than Iker".

So the bet by Adam said: "I analyze the situation, players and choose your team to play. You can invent the stories you want, but is purely technical. I think Adam is better than Iker. Goalie work today has not affected the result. "

On the 16-point deficit with Barca said: "Real Madrid has been champion last season and has taken nine points to second. This season we are an insurmountable distance but we have to take responsibility for that we were not doing a good championship . I do not avoid responsibility, but it's reality. "

(Marca)

No idea why Madrid ever got rid of Pelligrini in the first place.

Yeah, never understood that. The exit vs Lyon in the CL was just unlucky, the league performance was very impressive. But Mourinho was available so Real probably couldn't say no.

What's even more strange, Spain is dominating world football like never before. Yet they haven't build the team around quality spanish players. Everyone around them in the league is playing beautiful football and Real is playing like some oldfashioned counter attacking english team that's more about power and individual brilliance than style. It's shocking. Even last year I constantly felt Real should play so much better. They were effective but never really special, imo.

Pellegrini did well for them in the league (even though they didn't win it) but early CL exit to Lyon meant he couldn't keep his job. I don't think there's a manager in the world who could fix this Real Madrid side, too many egos that want it their way and won't really work hard for the team. It's a big a mess as it was prior to Perez's €250m overhaul.

Yeah, never understood that. The exit vs Lyon in the CL was just unlucky, the league performance was very impressive. But Mourinho was available so Real probably couldn't say no.

What's even more strange, Spain is dominating world football like never before. Yet they haven't build the team around quality spanish players. Everyone around them in the league is playing beautiful football and Real is playing like some oldfashioned counter attacking english team that's more about power and individual brilliance than style. It's shocking. Even last year I constantly felt Real should play so much better. They were effective but never really special, imo.

Their style is far from impressive, I agree, but Spanish side is mostly built around Barcelona players. Take away Barca's contribution to the national team and Spain wouldn't really look so great, although there are certainly quality Spanish players available too - Isco, Muniain, Herrera to name a few.

You don't just drop Casillas, there has obviously been problems as reported since Mourinho joined. This is all going to explode soon.

You don't just drop Casillas, there has obviously been problems as reported since Mourinho joined. This is all going to explode soon.

Not only that, but by saying that Adan is better than Casillas is a kick in the teeth for Casillas to be honest. He has won the Champions League, he has won La Liga, helped Spain to the World Cup and the Euros and Mourinho calls him rubbish. It is going to kick off.

TBH I wasn't impressed by Adan. And Mou is being disingenuous.