La Liga - 2012/2013

Madrid had enough chances to win, but they made a meal out of it.

Let's hope Barca drop some points tonight (long shot), otherwise La Liga is done and dusted

Feel sorry for Vato, will be interesting how the team react to that in Champions League, really. Now, Messi time.

Valdés; Adriano, Piqué, Puyol, Alba; Sergio, Xavi, Iniesta; Pedro, Alexis and Messi.

Courtois; Juanfran, Miranda, Godín, Filipe Luis; Koke, Mario Suárez, Gabi, Arda; Diego Costa and Falcao.

Real already dropped 1 more point then they did all of the last season then.

Well that has essentially given Barca the title. Win today and they are 13 points clear. Can't see Real having any chance to recover from this.

Corner Espanyol and they play it short. Play for a goal you pussettas

That's what teams in Spain usually do against Real Madrid... most of the time it ends badly. Can't blame a relegation battler for playing for the draw at the Bernabeu.

Feel sorry for Vato, will be interesting how the team react to that in Champions League, really. Now, Messi time.

Valdés; Adriano, Piqué, Puyol, Alba; Sergio, Xavi, Iniesta; Pedro, Alexis and Messi.

Courtois; Juanfran, Miranda, Godín, Filipe Luis; Koke, Mario Suárez, Gabi, Arda; Diego Costa and Falcao.

feck I know only a three players apart from Falcoa from that Atletico line up:eek:

Who is good apart from Falcoa?

I'm not even sad about it, seriously. I've given up hope to win the league a few weeks ago.

Is the Barca game over? What's going on here. I'm confused as anything.

Or Meshi time like they would say in Turkey. :D

feck I know only a three players apart from Falcoa from that Atletico line up:eek:

Filipe Luis, Gabi and Arda. Also Godín at times looks world class and other times he's a clumsy oaf void of pace.

Yes, it was played backwards starting at 90 minutes. I kind of like it like that, except that the games always end 0-0 :(

I don't get it either.. Atletico Madrid always give Barcelona many problems, and with Falcao being in the form of his life I definitely fancy Atletico Madrid to take some points off Barcelons tonight.

Even if Barca lose they're still in too good of a position to lose the league. Madrid for some reason look clueless at the moment as well.

Even if Barca lose they're still in too good of a position to lose the league. Madrid for some reason look clueless at the moment as well.

I wrote in the newbies about 3 months ago that I thought Atletico would finish above them and I stand by that. Even if they lose the hardest game of their season tonight they are still 4 points above Real and look much more of a unit.

I wouldn't be surprised at all. We've seen before how Mourinho seems to struggle in his third year, but this is the best example of it yet.

I wouldn't be surprised at all. We've seen before how Mourinho seems to struggle in his third year, but this is the best example of it yet.
Maybe not struggle (FA Cup, League Cup, Champions League semi-final - lost on penalties), but aye, he's a short-term manager.

I don't see Barcelona losing their lead, but it's still too early to be writing Real/Mourinho's epitaph yet.

In the next four games Real have 3 away games to Malaga, Osasuna and Valencia and home to Sociedad(who are doing very well). I can see drawing or losing two of those games.

Real are facing a real uphill battle, but I can't see Barca losing 13 points lead till the end of the season.

Loved what Simeone has done with Atletico since he took over. They are very well positioned all over the pitch and his results so far this season has been nothing short of great.

I guess you know Courtois, young Belgian on loan from Chelsea.
Juanfran is in the Spanish squad. Arbeloa's backup.
Godín was in the Villarreal squad that we couldn't beat. He's fine.
Filipe I remember from Deportivo. A long haired fellow. Alright too.
Don't know much about Miranda besides who he is and that he's a latecomer to European football (he's Brazilian). Pretty solid back 4, no starts though.

Mario Suarez is a decent HG def mid. Can shoot. Pretty slow I think.
Koke is an exciting talent. 20 years old and HG as well. Played with all the youth national teams. Sort of their Spanish Cleverley.
Gabi is the captain and has recently returned home. A defensive midfielder as well. So their midfield three is HG. Pretty decent shot as well.
Arda Turan is pretty good. Like all Turkish players that have ever been born, he's a good long shooter. A winger and pretty tricky but relies more on his ball hitting skills.
Diego Costa is someone I thought wasn't very good but every time I've seen him this season he's been somewhat dangerous at least. In the earlier stages of his career so maybe he's starting to come into his own now. He's a striker.

From what I've seen of those players, very few stick out in memory. Diego Simoene has really glued them together. Overall it's a pretty young team. Gabi is the oldest on the pitch today and he's 29. Besides him they have Emre and Tiago who are slightly over 30.

I think if you watch just one or two games you get a pretty good idea of what kind of players they are. None of them are slackers. There's not a player who's a weak link per ce. It's a team that could be like Malaga next season in the CL.

Notable players missing are Christian Rodriguez, Uruguayan winger that they just bought from Porto, and Adrian, striker that came from Deportivo. Was a starter there and for the U-21 national team. Played a bit with Spain as well I think.