La Liga - 2012/2013

and i think there's no bigger ego than mourinho's

don't ask me why, because i have no proof of that, but that's how he strucks me

indeed, i don't want mourinho with us, no way he is suited to replace fergie

He would be the sort of manager that manages to divide players, which could mean departures of RVP and Rooney should they clash. For a team to win, there must be absolute harmony, no accusations, no divisions of any kind or blame. If you lose, you lose as a team just as you win as a team. No single player should be singled out for either blame or praise. It is true that there may be some problems between Villa and Messi, but at the end of the day, when I see players like Xavi, Iniesta or Messi, they have egos of course, but they play football for the team and not for themselves. Some Real Madrid players could take a few tips from how the Barcelona team works as far as egos are concerned.

He would be the sort of manager that manages to divide players, which could mean departures of RVP and Rooney should they clash. For a team to win, there must be absolute harmony, no accusations, no divisions of any kind or blame. If you lose, you lose as a team just as you win as a team. No single player should be singled out for either blame or praise. It is true that there may be some problems between Villa and Messi, but at the end of the day, when I see players like Xavi, Iniesta or Messi, they have egos of course, but they play football for the team and not for themselves. Some Real Madrid players could take a few tips from how the Barcelona team works as far as egos are concerned.

exactly!

Mourinho's all about bravado, his ego's nowhere near as big as he wants people to think.

Di Maria on for Modric??? Apart from Özil he was their best player in the first half. Maybe he's gambling on the counter :smirk:

i bet they will, but, seriusly, this is not a team, this is a group of good players that aren't playing together as they should

and that's mourinhos fault

He's lost whatever spirit he got into them last year. Apart from a handful of games (mostly against Barcelona) they look miles off the pace.

The Spanish players look content - and are allegedly annoyed that Mourinho makes everyone hate them when they should be getting the love and respect of a proud nation. Casillas is honest about it - "I don't care if we're 25 points behind Barca, but we win the Decima." Which is true, but not much of a plan.

His us against the world thing seems to have run out of steam. Key players not on board and even players who look like his allies complaining that they're fed up with him blaming the team, and the players - all stick, no carrot.

Allegedly.

Incidentally Valencia lost 0-1 (to Rayo) and are now in 11th.

Ooops just realised I didn't post this - nice work from Coentrao just now

He's lost whatever spirit he got into them last year. Apart from a handful of games (mostly against Barcelona) they look miles off the pace.

The Spanish players look content - and are allegedly annoyed that Mourinho makes everyone hate them when they should be getting the love and respect of a proud nation. Casillas is honest about it - "I don't care if we're 25 points behind Barca, but we win the Decima." Which is true, but not much of a plan.

His us against the world thing seems to have run out of steam. Key players not on board and even players who look like his allies complaining that they're fed up with him blaming the team, and the players - all stick, no carrot.

Allegedly.

Incidentally Valencia lost 0-1 (to Rayo) and are now in 11th.

Ooops just realised I didn't post this - nice work from Coentrao just now

what is this "decima" ?

Alonso is like Van Bommel, a cnut who knows how to avoid bookings

On the contrary, Van Bommel is a player who gets more yellows and reds than Alonso. Alonso gets away with a great deal of fouls and seems immune to a red. In one match he committed at least 10 fouls and didn't receive one. I tell you, if Rooney had done the same, he would have received a 3-match ban. I think if you was going to liken a player to Van Bommel, it would have to be Ramos.

I've seen dozens and dozens of games with Van Bommel over the years where his persisting and dangerous fouling followed by an apologetic and sorry face prevented from getting booked never mind sent off

If Barcelona lose, Real only 10 points behind. That's how optimists see it.

But they're not going to lose any, 13-point lead in two hours time.