La Liga - 2012/2013

Benzema played 2172 minutes and scored 21 goals. That's a goal every 103 minutes.

One big difference between this season and the last one. Di Maria started 16 games and came on 7 times as a sub. Made 15 assists.
This season he has started 10 and come on once as a sub. Only 1 assist.
Many players have 2 assist and many have 1. Benzema leads the chart with 4.

That's just stats. I've watched a lot of Real games and the best front 4 last season was clearly the one we saw today and that's the one that's being used the most. Higuaín is their super-Hernandez (so to speak). Callejon is their regular Hernandez. They're well set up front.

I don't think any team would say no thank you to either Benzema or Higuaín.

The stats for the top scorers in la liga last season are as follows:

Ronaldo, 5,098 minutes played, 60 goals scored or a goal every 84 minutes.
Messi, 5,042 minutes played, 73 goals scored or a goal every 69 minutes.
Benzema, 3561 minutes played, 32 goals scored or a goal every 111 minutes.
Higuain, 2,785 minutes played, 26 goals scored or a goal every 107 minutes.

Last season, the combined number of goals scored by Ronaldo, Higuain and Benzema is 118 goals in all competitions. Three players managed to score 25+ for Real Madrid and only one for Barcelona, the others who have managed to get into double-figures for Barcelona apart from Messi were Fabregas (15), Alexis (15), Xavi (14) and Pedro (13).

The stats for the top scorers in la liga last season are as follows:

Ronaldo, 5,098 minutes played, 60 goals scored or a goal every 84 minutes.
Messi, 5,042 minutes played, 73 goals scored or a goal every 69 minutes.
Benzema, 3561 minutes played, 32 goals scored or a goal every 111 minutes.
Higuain, 2,785 minutes played, 26 goals scored or a goal every 107 minutes.

Last season, the combined number of goals scored by Ronaldo, Higuain and Benzema is 118 goals in all competitions. Three players managed to score 25+ for Real Madrid and only one for Barcelona, the others who have managed to get into double-figures for Barcelona apart from Messi were Fabregas (15), Alexis (15), Xavi (14) and Pedro (13).

Are you sure you've got that completely correct? Messi had more starts than Ronaldo and more sub appearances and he was never subbed. 5192 minutes I've got him at. Brings his minuted per goal ration down by 2 minutes. Sad. Borderline pathetic really.

Pellegrino has just been sacked from Valencia. A bit harsh I feel. They can still win their CL group, are already through, and are only 4 points behind Malága, who are in 4th place.
In 3 of their last 5 games they've finished with 10 men. Don't think a manager is to blame for stupid red cards.

Pellegrino has just been sacked from Valencia. A bit harsh I feel. They can still win their CL group, are already through, and are only 4 points behind Malága, who are in 4th place.
In 3 of their last 5 games they've finished with 10 men. Don't think a manager is to blame for stupid red cards.

extremely harsh.

what was the sacking reason? their form wasn't that bad and he's going into the next round of the cl.

:wenger:

What's your view on the politics between Mourinho, the press and the B team staff?

Mourinho is being a prick on this one. He's abusive. First of all you don't go out publicly and criticize someone from your club...and for sure not someone that you can sack.. he's simply so wrong

What's your view on the politics between Mourinho, the press and the B team staff?

He's under a lot of press, fan, management pressure to bring through youth team players. In terms of debuts, preseason tour places, training with the first team he's given more chances there than any manager since Del Bosque.

However the idea that the reserves being in Liga 2 gives prospects high quality opposition to sharpen them before they move to the first team isn't working and it hasn't worked for years. Madrid make good money selling reserve team players and La Liga is full of their graduates including people like Juanfran, Soldado, Negredo and Mata.

Mou's current complaints include: Nacho who he sees as a fullback backup is playing at centre back. Morata (first team squad player) doesn't always get a start when he's loaned back to the reserves, Rodriguez is competing with 25 year olds for the midfield spots in the reserves.

Looking at it from the other direction, the reserve team's first objective is survival in Liga 2. Mourinho finds it easier to get Madrid C team players for practice sessions than the B team players - because B team players are on a match recovery/preparation schedule of their own.

Should Mourinho have gone public? No, but he does get a lot of press baiting him for remarks and though he's nominally in charge of the reserve team coach, it's clear he doesn't think he can give him orders. He's probably right about that, the Madrid directors say Nacho for example, is "very flexible."

Does anyone know what the piece of music was before the Madrid derby last night? It sounded like one of Morricone's but I can't find it so I'm not sure.

After 14 matchdays in La Liga;

530336_517618768278344_1291353877_n.jpg

:D

I feel that Barca are more reliant on Messi than Real are on Ronaldo. Messi scores half their goals, no matter how many they are. Not like it's a thing to worry about. Neither player misses a game.

I wonder if we'll so those three start a match together this season. So far Higuaín and Benzema have been subbed on for the other besides the one match which neither of them played in.

So Valencia have appointed a new manager. Ernesto Valverde. I had forgotten about him but it seems like a good move.
Started out his career as a sort of mini-Guardiola. Worked his way up the youth coaching ranks at Athletic. In his first season of managing them they finished 5th. Like Guardiola he didn't stay long and decided to take a year off football. Returned to manage Espanyol. Got them to the UEFA cup final where they lost. After two years he left.
Next up was Villarreal. Only club where he didn't do well in his career. Also his only sacking. In 2010 he went to Greece and managed Olympiakos. I don't follow Greek football so I can't say what they were like but I've been impressed with them in the CL this season and that's the team he left behind. According to wiki he brought back their domestic supremacy (although I'm sure the economy also helped a tad). Wait, I'm saying this chronologically wrong here. He went from Espanyol to Olympicaos. Won the league, then left for Villarreal and whilst he was there Olympiacos didn't win the league. Got fired, went back to Greece and Olympiacos won again. Every season under his management.

I remember his Espanyol side. They were real troublemakers in the league and upset the balance at the top by forcing their way there. They were already decent when he took over. Looks like that's sort of been his m.o. in his career. Takes over a decent looking team and improves them and then leaves for personal reasons.

Well his record is quite good overall, but hiring your local rivals manager who was sacked... Well lets see if it pays off but I'm sure a lot of Valencia fans will be unhappy.

Manucho scored an own goal but Valladolid win Sevilla 1-2 and go 7th in the League.. GO Man Utd!! Next is Real Madrid at home so hopefully he can score in the right end this time.

Why did they get rid of Emery in the first place? He was getting them in 3rd consistently despite having to sell his best players every summer.

Well hes a bit weird. Always falling out with his players and picking odd teams. But as you say, he consistantly finished at the top. Valencia wanted more than 3rd though and I dont think anything is wrong with that... By would would you pick Pellegrino as the man to do it? He has no experience.

Valencia have also gone back to their old ways from the koeman era with few of their signings in the past 18 months or so being successes. They dont have money to waste.

Taken from the BBC so all times are UK.

Saturday, 8 December 2012
Real Sociedad v Getafe, 15:00
Malaga v Granada, 17:00
Valladolid v Real Madrid, 19:00
Osasuna v Valencia, 21:00

Sunday, 9 December 2012
Levante v Mallorca, 11:00
Athletic Bilbao v Celta de Vigo, 16:00
Atletico Madrid v Deportivo La Coruna, 18:00
Real Betis v Barcelona, 20:00

Monday, 10 December 2012
Rayo Vallecano v Real Zaragoza, 20:00

No obvious standout games but for those on Messi watch, he trained today and will be in the squad for tomorrow.

Málaga destroyed Granada earlier this evening, would be nice if they could gain some ground

Valladollid's forward players have been in brilliant form so far this season, Óscar González, Ebert and Manucho

the rightback Rukavina as well, no so sure about rest of the defence though...

If Valladollid keep fecking up their play at the back like that, they'll get smashed.

Good to see Manucho the legend doing well.

what???? that lucky frenchie had nothing to do with the goal, it was a stupid defenders mistake and a great and unselfish callejon pass

even i could have scored that goal. maybe not you, fatso :p

Callejon made a smart decision benzema was in a better position to score