La Liga - 2012/2013

All XI players on the pitch for Barca are from La Masia. Amazing.

Love them or hate them but that's an incredible achievement, fair play to them.

Messi scores with his cheeky scoop chip he always does. 1-0, sexy assist from Iniesta.

Messi again. Iniesta assist again. I fecking love Iniesta.

According to one television channel, they are claiming that the tournament that Muller had scored 12 goals in when he scored 80+ goals in one season was in fact a competition that was not "Official", and not recognised as such.

Messi is now four goals shy of equalling César's record for most Barca league goals at 192.

EDIT: Also much love for Iniesta <3

Iniesta is a sexy bastard. Just scored a beaut.

It's really poor, no matter who you are, to concede 3 rimes in the opening 10 minutes of the 2nd half.

Iniesta is such a don.. his through ball for Messi's first was unreal - as for the strike, sublime.

Anyone noticed Xavi looks a bit like an owl?

fecking weird seeing so many clear Valencians in the crowd supporting Barca. Strange, strange fan culture.

I think if Barcelona were playing just outside old trafford against City, some United fans would be quite happy to go and watch a special team very likely shit all over their rivals.

543085_449943545062050_297933441_n.jpg

:drool:

Pfffft. Doesn't compare to these lads:

article-0-03CCA14E000005DC-163_468x300.jpg

Di Stefano's a god.

article-0-12749B24000005DC-778_634x420.jpg

I was alive when these lads played together.

Pfffft. Doesn't compare to these lads:

article-0-03CCA14E000005DC-163_468x300.jpg

Di Stefano's a god.

I don't know any of them by looking at that pic. That tells you how much I'm interested about the history of my club. :(

Is Puskas in there aswell?

The one on the far right is clearly Higuain's father, the resemblance is uncanny.

That's Gento, although I only know that from checking the list under the picture. You didn't get all those facial close-ups on the replays that you get these days of course! I know Di Stefano to look at and can just about make out Puskas in between those two but that's it for me. The other two are Kopa and Rial who I don't know anything about. Prefer this group of players myself even if they're not as individually talented:

distefanofoto03.jpg

El Real Madrid campeón de la Liga 1961-62. De izquierda a derecha: Tejada, Di Stéfano, Gento, Del Sol, Santamaría y Puskas.

Santamaría deserves a mention in there ahead of Rial or Kopa and Del Sol looked a lovely player from what I saw, though there's very little mention of him in the history books. Di Stefano's probably my favourite player, such an aura about him. He's everything that people said about Edwards but with Zidane-like style...I actually think the biggest part of the reason he's not mentioned up there with Pele, Maradona and co. - more than his lack of an international trophy - is his humility. While the others are shamelessly self-promoting, he's just talking about the value of being a team player and working for others. Leads me to believe that if Messi follows down the same path - lack of international fame and a humble personality - that Pele and Maradona will win that battle again. Bobby Charlton clearly revered him from the moment he set eyes on him and he had the same effect on me. More so than any other player.

That's Gento, although I only know that from checking the list under the picture. You didn't get all those facial close-ups on the replays that you get these days of course! I know Di Stefano to look at and can just about make out Puskas in between those two but that's it for me. The other two are Kopa and Rial who I don't know anything about. Prefer this group of players myself even if they're not as individually talented:

distefanofoto03.jpg

El Real Madrid campeón de la Liga 1961-62. De izquierda a derecha: Tejada, Di Stéfano, Gento, Del Sol, Santamaría y Puskas.

Santamaría deserves a mention in there ahead of Rial or Kopa and Del Sol looked a lovely player from what I saw, though there's very little mention of him in the history books. Di Stefano's probably my favourite player, such an aura about him. He's everything that people said about Edwards but with Zidane-like style...I actually think the biggest part of the reason he's not mentioned up there with Pele, Maradona and co. - more than his lack of an international trophy - is his humility. While the others are shamelessly self-promoting, he's just talking about the value of being a team player and working for others. Leads me to believe that if Messi follows down the same path - lack of international fame and a humble personality - that Pele and Maradona will win that battle again. Bobby Charlton clearly revered him from the moment he set eyes on him and he had the same effect on me. More so than any other player.

I see where you're coming from with Di Steffano. He's my father's favourite ever player and he always kept on rambling about how fantastic a player he was. And that tells you what a player he really was when you know that my father despises everything Madrid related because they fled Spain back in the day due to Franco.

:lol: You are a freak though Brwned! I hope you can earn some money or do something more with your football knowledge some day.

Edit - Good point about the self promotion thing though, and if you were to be right, Ronaldo will be remembered as a better player than Messi, but I highly doubt it. I agree on it to an extent though, the cockier players seem to be remembered more than the players like Scholes, Iniesta, etc..