La Liga - 2012/2013

Incredible clearance from Nadal there, how'd they get away with that!

It's been a long time since I thought Ronaldo looks more likely to create a goal rather than score one but he's looked really threatening from wide positions. Looks a tiny bit short on confidence and sharpness in front of goal.

He's basically been that way since the Ronaldo-Messi creativity debate after the Dortmund game. When Benzema and Higuain were both injured and he went into the central role. Like he's been focusing more on creating rather than scoring and he's actually been doing quite well. He's been showing that he's actually a very good passer. Real however haven't been finishing their chances very well.

Gotta give credit to Betis here. Were absolutely humiliated in a bitter rival match last weekend where they conceded 5 goals. A proper way to respond for your fans.

Would it be harsh to say Ozil's struggled somewhat over the last 12-18 months? He just looks lacking in confidence almost every time I see him compared to a couple of years ago.

Enjoys the nightlife a bit too much, allegedly. Certainly his fitness levels haven't improved and at 24, with a manager like Mourinho that's a surprising verdict.

Confidence wise he's just inconsistent I think and he's like the Madrid team in general, tends to buckle under pressure. I don't think he's actually finished 90 minutes in a clasico yet. When he's good though, he's still a lovely player to watch.

He's basically been that way since the Ronaldo-Messi creativity debate after the Dortmund game. When Benzema and Higuain were both injured and he went into the central role. Like he's been focusing more on creating rather than scoring and he's actually been doing quite well. He's been showing that he's actually a very good passer. Real however haven't been finishing their chances very well.

Yeah I noticed it against City but thought it was more to do with City's defending but looks like that was unfair on Ronaldo. Definitely looks like he's made a concerted effort to improve his creative game and we know how much he can achieve when he sets his mind on something. Much better to watch.

Madrid look flat but they've definitely been unlucky in this game, they deserve at least a goal.

If Ramos had grown up as a player in Italy would he possibly be the best center back in the game today? When he's focused he's simply excellent.

Coentrao unlucky there :/

Funny that Salvador Agra and Coentrão are both from the same town and were connected to local rival clubs during their youth (Varzim the former, Rio Ave the later). Seemed an accidental kick though.

I haven't noticed, not watching with too much attention, but I hope you guys are right. It would be refreshing to see Ronaldo put more effort in his creative side. It will probably benefit him if he stops playing solely the numbers game.

am i the only one that thinks that Higuain is a better companion to ronaldo than benzema? when benzema plays ronaldo is almost invisible, and is not that ronaldo plays badly, is that he hardly gets the ball

FT. Real lose.

Betis defended quite well. Real are surely out of the title race now.

am i the only one that thinks that Higuain is a better companion to ronaldo than benzema? when benzema plays ronaldo is almost invisible, and is not that ronaldo plays badly, is that he hardly gets the ball

Yes, Marco, you're the only one :D

Benzema usually makes the final third work work better for Madrid, but that whole team is looking a degree under at the moment.

I don't think that it affects Ronaldo much whether Higuaín or Benzema is playing. He's got a bit more support with Benzema because Benzema is more involved in the match. Higuaín is a poacher.
What Ronaldo has been lacking a bit is Marcelo. They're excellent together. Maybe that's why he went more creative as there was little help coming down the left those games where Real were missing full backs.

He plays on the left, he plays on the right. That boy Ronaldo, his form is pure shite

Mourinho is giving credit to the Betis players and supporters in the press conference, but added in the same sentence that they're not at fault for the wrongly disallowed goal and clear penalty not given in the dying minutes of the game. :lol:

Complaining about the schedule too, seeing we played CL on wednesday and we had to play today instead of Sunday.

Takes the blame for the loss though.

Yeah I noticed it against City but thought it was more to do with City's defending but looks like that was unfair on Ronaldo. Definitely looks like he's made a concerted effort to improve his creative game and we know how much he can achieve when he sets his mind on something. Much better to watch.

Madrid look flat but they've definitely been unlucky in this game, they deserve at least a goal.

We knew he was capable from his UTD days, I think it is a case of him being a bit more focused on it this season.

Watched the highlights of Malaga now and saw some awesome moments from Isco, apart from the goal. Also happy that Saviola is still proving to be a very useful player, good number of goals in him this season already.

We knew he was capable from his UTD days, I think it is a case of him being a bit more focused on it this season.

Absolutely, and I've no doubt that the reason he's lost that focus is genuinely because he thinks (and probably rightly so) that the best way for him to help his team is to try and single-handedly take the goals burden of an entire team. It's just been so long since he's been anything other than goals-obsessed that I genuinely had forgotten what he's like when he's in the mood creatively. So much fun to watch. Didn't have a great game today at all because he was surrounded by much worse performers but seeing him taken on the creative burden is so refreshing.

Let's be honest, it's over for Madrid in the league this season. If they don't advance far in Europe it could be curtains for Jose, daft as it sounds.

Let's be honest, it's over for Madrid in the league this season. If they don't advance far in Europe it could be curtains for Jose, daft as it sounds.

Why would that be daft? It seems Mourinho's clubs don't do long term, at the moment he's having a disastrous season.