La Liga - 2012/2013

I knew straight away what Di Maria was doing when he stayed down pretending to be hurt, but then I'm not so sure the ref was going to book him again anyway.

Reminded me of how Heinze used to kick someone then collapse in a heap hoping the ref would get confused.

Only saw the second half and highlights of the first. Modric had one very nice effort well saved by Palop but he certainly didnt create anything and at times struggled with passing and competing for the ball. On 90 minutes he ended up even deeper than Kedeira which is weird for a player bought on for Ozil but I guess he felt he needed to that far to get on the ball

What's up with Benzema then? Higuain kicks up a fuss so has to be started and then Benzema doesn't feel like he's getting enough TLC, or is he simply out of form?

Do any of the Spanish posters think Jesus Navas is as good as or better than Valencia?

How many Spanish posters do we have? Navas hasnt been the most consistant over the past year or so. I'd argue he's been at the same level for a while now, hints of stagnating but always on his day able to put in a performance like today which was outstanding

Real Madrid :lol:

Hope they pick themselves up and hammer City on Tuesday night though.

What's up with Benzema then? Higuain kicks up a fuss so has to be started and then Benzema doesn't feel like he's getting enough TLC, or is he simply out of form?

Do any of the Spanish posters think Jesus Navas is as good as or better than Valencia?

I'd say they're pretty equal to be honest. Both very technical with fast feet and lots of pace.

Mourinho saying that we got what we deserved at the press conference, he doesn't sound very happy at all. He said Sevilla deserved to win but we deserved to lose even more.

Madrid have now lost as many games this season in la Liga as they did all of last season.

Marin was the kid that squeezed Trochowski out if I recall correctly. I always liked him

In the national squad. Not really. Trochowski had 35 matches for Germany from 2006 to 2010 - before that young generation around Müller and Özil came in. But their career for Germany ended about the same time after World Cup 2010 - and with the quality that is there and that seems to come now and later that probably was it for them.

They were rivals of Müller for the right spot prior to that World Cup...

He says that in football you should have more substitutions because he wanted to take off 7 players at half time :lol:

Players are going to get it when he gets back.

Still early days. This reminds me a little of the 2006-2007 season. Wait unil Barcelona start their 0-0 - 1-1 - 2-2 runs..

Definitely far from over.

Not in the NT, I meant for club

No - Marin came from Gladbach and went to Werder.

Trochowski was at Bayern from 1999 to 2005 and played for Hamburg later on until 2010. He was in Schweinsteiger's youth team.

Must've been at Hamburg then, who was the wide player that supplanted him there? Remarkable acceleration he has and we never got to see how deadly he can be taking set pieces

Hmmmmmmmmm

Ronaldo looks like he can't be arsed and Madrid look toothless because of that. If only they had loved him like he deserves.

Mou at the end of his pressy, 'Right now, I don't have a team'

Just an affirmation of the sort of team Pep built and the one Mou cannot

Yeah the only person in history to build a team was pep guardiola

Well, Barca were a poor, lower league club, with a tiny TV contract, in a tiny little stadium before he arrived.

You can't build a team for sustained winning out of negativity and hatred over displacing one rival

It's obvious to anyone watching, there are divisions within the squad. Mou loves to throw the players under the bus but we'll see how much longer he can motivate this squad

Let's see Pep win something outside of Barca before we even name the two in the same sentence. Let's not get silly. Mourinho has made a club like Porto win the CL but he can't build a squad? I'm sorry but that's ridiculous.

Not to be enumerating fowls at this early stage, but the league is looking a long shot for Madrid already.

Barca having Villa back will make a massive difference. They missed his running (especially with Pedro being so out of sorts last season to). That and the Alba addition gives them far more options to stretch games. Still have no idea why they haven't signed a CB though.

The only two managers who can build a team at the moment are SAF and Arsene Wenger. But Pep has definitely been closer to building a team than Mourinho. The only team Mourinho "built" was Porto.

FCB I love reading some of your posts on Barcelona because you obviously know your stuff regarding to football. But why is it that whenever you guys talk about Madrid all of it goes out the window?

FCB I love reading some of your posts on Barcelona because you obviously know your stuff regarding to football. But why is it that whenever you guys talk about Madrid all of it goes out the window?

:lol: It's so true. It's like a person on RAWK when it comes to United. :nervous:

Not to be enumerating fowls at this early stage, but the league is looking a long shot for Madrid already.

Barca having Villa back will make a massive difference. They missed his running (especially with Pedro being so out of sorts last season to). That and the Alba addition gives them far more options to stretch games. Still have no idea why they haven't signed a CB though.

You are correct, it's going to be hard closing that gap but the season is still very long fortunately. We'll just have to batter them in the head to heads :p