La Liga - 2012/2013

This folks is officiating en España. I used to have high hopes for Mallenco but he's genuinely rubbish, perhaps not intentionally or with a particular bias but rubbish all the same

The officiating in La Liga is fecking terrible. There's a lot of moaning about the English refs (from myself as well), but La Liga refs take it to another level. Of course they're not getting a lot of help from the players who dive all over the place, but it's ridiculous how poor they are.

Just can't believe Di Maria is still on, it's like he stayed down for as long as possible so the referee would forget about it... Most blatant card you will see all season, yet he gets away with it.

Di Maria's off at half-time for Modric, Benzema and Callejon will come on around 60 minutes in and they'll win it 2-1.

Sevilla look dangerous every time they get the ball but surely Mourinho will sort them out at half-time, I think they'll rue their missed chances by the end. Ramos seems to think he's the Spanish Beckenbauer, Di Maria's given the ball away almost every time yet somehow has been their most inventive player...only Ronaldo's looked a threat and even he's been well below par. Only Alonso's played well.

amolbhatia100 said:
He's spent the whole half running into defenders and now he's lashed out at a Sevilla player. Been a liability today, has Di Maria.

Just seen the repay. He threw a punch!

And Higuin kicked out.

What do you have to do to get a red in this league??!

Play for one of the 18 teams that aren't Real Madrid or Barcelona, I suppose.

Just can't believe Di Maria is still on, it's like he stayed down for as long as possible so the referee would forget about it... Most blatant card you will see all season, yet he gets away with it.

Thought it was a weird one. Not sure if it was a red though because I'm not sure what he did. Was it a punch? Was it a kick? No. He just spasmed onto Rakitic.

Think he was going to kick out to him with his right but he was already standing on that leg. Awful half from him.

Ref's done a poor job all around. Should have sent of Di Maria. Didn't. Carded a Sevilla player. Then for the next 10-15 minutes they went mental and got a few Real players good in the aerial battles.

Regarding the kick it was the linesman that bottled it. He was right there.

Some weird officiating indeed and a lot of diving around from both sets of players. Whatever Di Maria did do, he shouldn't have but then It was building up all half as he was just getting more and more frustrated. The tackle for his booking was bad enough. Thought Mourinho was going to bring him off right after it.

Can see Madrid getting back into this somehow. The game has been very fast paced and I cannot see how Sevilla will keep it up.

Anyone else see what looked like Alonso reminding Di Maria to feign injury after he swung for the Seville player?

This Madrid side an even bigger bunch of cheats than Mourinho's Porto, something I didn't think possible watching that team beat us and especially Celtic in the UEFA Cup.

Thought it was a weird one. Not sure if it was a red though because I'm not sure what he did. Was it a punch? Was it a kick? No. He just spasmed onto Rakitic.

Think he was going to kick out to him with his right but he was alreay standing on that leg. Awful half from him.

Ref's done a poor job all around. Should have sent of Di Maria. Didn't. Carded a Sevilla player. Then for the next 10-15 minutes they went mental and got a few Real players good in the aerial battles.

Regarding the kick it was the linesman that bottled it. He was right there.

Was a punch. On the replay you could see he swung his arm. Just the kind of lame punch id expect from a player like Di Maria.

Anyone else see what looked like Alonso reminding Di Maria to feign injury after he swung for the Seville player?

This Madrid side an even bigger bunch of cheats than Mourinho's Porto, something I didn't think possible watching that team beat us and especially Celtic in the UEFA Cup.

I knew straight away what Di Maria was doing when he stayed down pretending to be hurt, but then I'm not so sure the ref was going to book him again anyway.

No, it looked like Alonso telling Di Maria to calm down and just stay down rather than get himself into trouble. Smart from Alonso if you ask me.

I knew straight away what Di Maria was doing when he stayed down pretending to be hurt, but then I'm not so sure the ref was going to book him again anyway.

The 2nd half will be worse. Now that the players know Mallenco has no cajones, there's no telling what will come next

He was going to stand up but Alonso forbid him too which was probably a smart thing because he'd probably would have mouthed off or gotten an angry Sevilla player up in his face.

The 2nd half will be worse. Now that the players know Mallenco has no cajones, there's no telling what will come next

As soon as the first red card is brought out the flood gates will open.

Benzema and Modric on for Di Maria and Özil. Makes sense.

Marcelo is keeping discipline well. He's got no help defending against Navas and Cicinho who keep attacking. Navas is just too damn quick for Marcelo to take much part in attack.

Excellent shot from Modric.

Hope Marcos isn't watching this. Higuain has been very poor and I'm not sure his fragile heart could take this performance.

Callejon on for Arbeloa.

So Khedira drops down and Marcelo up and a 3-man defense?

edit: Looks like Khedira is a right back for now.

Real lose. 8pts behind Barca already!

Du you know that Trochowski, the goal scorer, comes out of Bayern youth... (he came with 15/16, played with Lahm and Schweinsteiger in youth and U23, had a couple of games with the first but did not break through)

It is in the genes to score goals against Real Madrid... :cool:

So, the league is pretty much won, better play the reserves the rest of the season. Save Messi for the CL.

:wenger: