La Liga - 2012/2013

There'll probably be a red in this game. Meanwhile, Atléti keep bottling it, doesn't matter what team RM put out.

@Proud Lyon: it's possible, just not very likely IMO. It's irrelevant anyway.

L'equipe are reporting to say he was injured within 5 minutes of training. As for Skorenzy...:rolleyes: Why not? It is the sort of thing Mourinho would do to save his ass.

The tie isn't over yet.. 3-0 against Dortmund is not impossible. Ronaldo is just being rested..

There'll probably be a red in this game. Meanwhile, Atléti keep bottling it, doesn't matter what team RM put out.

@Proud Lyon: it's possible, just not very likely IMO. It's irrelevant anyway.

This always cracks me up.. It's unbelievable how bad Atletico Madrid perform against Real, every year!

Even if Real can't score a goal, no problem, they score an own goal. :lol:

Hola - just thrown out my guests so I can come out and play now. :lol:

And as I do Benz scores!

Great finish by Di María... Atléti... so sloppy, it's incredible.

Better edit that jojojo :D

Clear foul on Diego Costa just outside the penalty area, gets a yellow for simulation... the one time it wasn't :lol:

Just a bit of background on the Ronaldo "injured" thing. Well, there's "injured" and there's injured. I suspect at this time of the year most pro players, especially the indispensable ones, are injured.

So it is with Ronaldo, he's been on a pattern where he doesn't always train normally after a match, for a couple of months. Since the first leg against Galatasaray and rumours of a pulled muscle, it's looked as if Mourinho would like to rest him, but can't - hence him coming on as sub in a couple of games.

Would he have played tonight if this had been the big game? I'm sure he would. Is he 100%? I'm sure he isn't.

Clear foul on Diego Costa just outside the penalty area, gets a yellow for simulation... the one time it wasn't :lol:

Diego Costa is one of those players I'd give a red for being a prat - preferably during the pre-game handhakes.

Derby match trivia then.

Morata knows the Calderon well - he was an an Atletico ballboy as a kid.

Atletico must think the law of averages means the Copa del Rey's in the bag.

However, as there is no law of averages...

Some last ditch block by Ricardo Costa on Chory Castro's shot! He recovered about 5 yards there :lol:

Iñigo Martínez finishes like a striker, in the roof of the net and on the volley after peeling off his marker on a corner. What a sentence! What a goal! 1-1!!!

Irony of ironies, Spanish ref (usually notorious for giving yellows for any sort of handball) misses two of the most glaring cases of deliberate handball I've ever seen in a game! :lol:

Carlos Martínez has to be the best right-back in Spain this season. Barely ever caught out defensively.

La Real are now unbeaten in 14 league matches, incl. victories over Barcelona (their first defeat of the season), Athletic at the San Mamés (for the first time ever) and Atlético at the Calderón (their first home defeat of the season)!

With a great core of homegrown talent as well. Xabi Prieto, Agirretxe, Illarra, Zurutuza, Iñigo, Mikel González, Carlos Martínez, Griezmann; that's 7-8 starters right there. Added to that the clever acquisitions of Vela and Chory Castro.