La Liga - 2012/2013

Vato - you can come out from behind the sofa now. Mallorca not looking so scary.

Madrid had 80% possession in the first half apparently - and yet managed to look crap.

Ronaldo is far and away Real's best and most important player. No slight on Ozil.

ronaldo scores his goals, no denying that, but he is not the one that makes madrid play like a violin

In that sense Xabi Alonso is maybe even more vital than Özil, look at what happens when you mark him out of the game... no supply to the flanks.

Agree to an extent Marcos. When Ozil is on song he's the one that makes them tick, no-one else in the team can do that. Ronaldo's consistency means he's probably still the more important player over the course of a season though.

Agree to an extent Marcos. When Ozil is on song he's the one that makes them tick, no-one else in the team can do that. Ronaldo's consistency means he's probably still the more important player over the course of a season though.

exactly, ronaldo scores a lot of goals -most of the time he doesnt need his team to play well to score a goal- and xavi is exvellent to control the middle, but i still think that ozil is who makes real madrid play well

I'm not sure I'd describe Ozil as making them tick but he's certainly the one who makes them look like they've got a great attack as opposed to just having a collection of great attackers.

Good game from the team or not though, Ronaldo provides the intensity and the goals, and when he's out of form or off the field what you notice first is that lack of drive.

And Higuain gives Benzema a goal and Vato his money!

Well done, Vato. :)

That looked like the most offside goal in history.